Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Best World Cup Knockout Managers
Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

So which managers who reached the knockout rounds was the best? Only putting managers who actually won a game in the knockout rounds cause otherwise the poll would be too big. If there are other managers you want to give a shoot-out though, you more than welcome to do as a reply.

Comments
Emobot7 1 year ago Edited
538 11432

For me, the best managers at this world cup had to be Regragui and Dalic. They didn't had the most exciting line-up despite having a few stand-out players but they both managed to create a very solid core and defensive side with a lot of realism. If only they would have had a bit more quality upfront, they might have gone all the way.

Otherwise, I think Southgate did a pretty good job. Yep, even though he lost to France, that I wasn't his greatest backer and I was also one of those who thought the draw vs the United State wasn't good enough. Despite it all, I like his team performance against France and its hard not to think this game ending might have been different if Kane converted his second penalty.

Others who I thought were fine were Scaloni and Deschamp, they did a good job of letting their team talents speak for themselve. Scaloni did outsmart Deschamp in the early parts of the final though.

Tite and Van Gaal were okay I thought but their team were a bit dissapointing. Netherland playstyle wasn't as good as I expected them to be and Brazil weren't capable of creating enough quality chance despite all their talent.

As for Fernando Santos, I'm convinced this guy should have been gone since a long time. Man honestly wasted Ronaldo 3 last major tournaments all because he somehow won the Euro in 2016. When you know the fact that being manager for Portugal also helped him evade paying his taxes, you know his priority weren't propably at the right place.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

For me, the best managers at this world cup had to be Regragui and Dalic. They didn't had the most exciting line-up despite having a few stand-out players but they both managed to create a very solid core and defensive side with a lot of realism. If only they would have had a bit more quality upfront, they might have gone all the way.

Otherwise, I think Southgate did a pretty good job. Yep, even though he lost to France, that I wasn't his greatest backer and I was also one of those who thought the draw vs the United State wasn't good enough. Despite it all, I like his team performance against France and its hard no to think this game ending might have been different if Kane convert his second penalty.

Others who I thought were fine were Scaloni and Deschamp, they did a good job of letting their team talents speak for themselve. Scaloni did outsmart Deschamp in the early parts of the final though.

Tite and Van Gaal were okay I thought but their team were a bit dissapointing. Netherland playstyle wasn't as good as I expected them to be and Brazil weren't capable of creating enough quality chance despite all their talent.

As for Fernando Santos, I'm convinced this guy should have been gone since a long time. Man honestly wasted Ronaldo 3 last major tournaments all because he somehow won the Euro in 2016. When you know the fact that being manager for Portugal also help him evade paying his taxes, you know his priority aren't propably at the right place.

DaveThomas 12 months ago
0 1

I think Lionel Scaloni but i am not sure.