Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Best player in EPL history
tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

I saw Vendetta's post about EPL legends and I came up with the idea to ask you guys who do you think is the best player in EPL history? & why?

For me Henry is the true Premier League KING.
I love him because of all the spectacular goals he's scored. His finishing, pace, physique, stamina, vision, etc was second to none except arguably the best player in history, Ronaldinho.

Comments
Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@FootyIntellectual Drogba and Henry were quite different strikers with different roles at different clubs. Drogba was the more dangerous physical presence, and his power in his game was his biggest asset. Henry was the ridiculously-fast-bastard-who-ripped-teams-apart type of player, and he was an extremely clinical finisher with more grace to his game. So it's not quite right to compare Henry and Drogba.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I'd have to say Henry is more of a legend than Drogba, though Drogba certainly is one.

That hurt to say. :p

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Lodatz

No, personally, I would also say that overall, Henry was better than Drogba. Although Drogba has led his team to CL victory, Henry has done similar things with Arsenal. And Henry was also a goal scoring machine, who scored more than 200 goals for the Gunners in 8 seasons. :P

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Dynastian "Pele and Maradona both outshine Ronaldinho." Are you sure? Football in their ages was kinda difficult than today. Ronaldinho is master for what he is able to with ball. He's technique is far away than 90% of footballers. 

MRarsenal500 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 59 741

king Henry all the way!

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@quikzyyy
I meant in terms of success at international level. Pele and Maradona both proved themselves as the best in their era (Pele winning 3 WC's, Maradona single-handedly leading a mediocre Argentina team to win the one in '86). Ronaldinho may have been a gem in his era, but his reign lasted a short amount of time. Too short in my opinion. He was preceded by the two beasts, Zinedine Zidane and Ronaldo El Fenomeno. And he was succeeded by two superstars, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. His time at the summit of world football did not last long enough for him to establish himself as one of Brazil's and the world's ever greatest. But no one can deny that when it came to working magic with the ball, Ronaldinho surpassed even Little Lionel.