Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Best Leagues of 2016-2017
Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Well, after a long term run for 16-17 season, a couple leagues have decided their respectful champions.

Champions

1. Bundesliga: Bayern Munich %100

2. Premier League: Chelsea %100

3. Primeira Liga: Benfica %100

4. Russian Premier League: Spartak Moscow %100

5. Ukrainian Pari-Match League: Shakhtar Donetsk %100

6. Eredivisie: Feyenoord %100

7. Ligue 1: Monaco %100

8. Jupiler Pro League: Anderlecht %100

9. Serie A: Juventus %100

10. LaLiga: Real Madrid %100

Almost Champions

1. Süper Lig: Beşiktaş %82 - İstanbul Başakşehir %18

*Will be updated.

European Success

• LaLiga has been once again the best.
  • Ligue 1 has made a great run, with Monaco and PSG in CL and Lyon in EL. More successful than previous years.
  • Jupiler Pro League has been significant in Europa League. Claimed their 6th place after top5 Leagues on UEFA points. But did not leave an important impact in Champions League. Club Brugge has failed to get a point in arguably the easiest Group in CL.
  • Premier League has been successful in one way. Leicester made an historical run. But the others have disappointed once again. Only Manchester United is still in the competition. But haven't met a serious opponent.
  • Bundesliga couldn't manage to qualify for Semi Finals of UCL after 6 years. (Correct me if I am wrong)
  • For Serie A, Juventus reached the Finals and got the most points in Europe. They've doubled Napoli and Roma on UEFA points.
  • For Süper Lig; after 13 years, a team apart from Beşiktaş, Fenerbahçe, Galatasaray and Trabzonspor has finished their European groups as leaders. Other than that there was nothing too significant except Beşiktaş.
  • Ukrainian League have been a disappointment, worst season in latest years after Shakhtar's elimination to CeltaVigo.
  • Ajax has reached to the Finals, being the only hope for Eredivisie.
  • Zenit has dissappointed the Russians, Rostov and Krosnodar made a good run for their expectations.
  • Primeira Liga has gotten less points than the previous years after both Benfica and Porto are eliminated in Ro16 in UCL.

My Top11

(Competitiveness, European Success, Good Football)

1. La Liga

2. Ligue 1

My surprise prediction: Monaco, Lyon and PSG in Europe and Nice in the Ligue have raised their ranks this year for me

3. Premier League
Chelsea won the league with relative ease, Manchester United has reached the Finals who are 6th in League and Leicester played in Quarters while playing not to relegate. But mostly boring games between mid and low table teams.

4. Bundesliga
I would actually consider Bundesliga and Serie A as equals but teams like Leipzig, Hoffenheim etc being so persistent makes Germans 4th

5. Serie A
Juventus reached the Finals, Napoli was eliminated to Real Madrid. Juventus was comfortable in the league as always. They got a little bit too comfortable on latest weeks. But teams other than top3 being too inconsistent makes the League 5.

6. Süper Lig
Beşiktaş obviously. And Başakşehir are still in the competition which makes the league more entertaining. Osmanlıspor finished first in group while they were below mid table in Turkey. Fenerbahçe finished above the Finalists in Group Stage.

7. Eredivisie
Ajax are the Finalists yet they couldn't won the league. Feyenoord started the League with an amazing run. And the champions weren't decided until the last week. Entertaining

8. Belgium Jupiler Pro League
Their teams' Europa League run have been awesome. Even Genk-Gent played against eachother in Europe with surprise results.

9. Russian Premier League
I would actually put the Russians in higher place but could not find a place.

10. Primeira Liga

11. Ukrainian Premier League

What are your opinions? If you disagree with me please explain why you don't agree.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Well, after a long term run for 16-17 season, a couple leagues have decided their respectful champions.

Champions

Almost Champions

1. Ligue 1: Monaco %88 - PSG %12
  2. Serie A: Juventus %92 - Roma %8

Play-offs

• Jupiler Pro League: Anderlecht %60 - Club Brugge %40

Neck and Neck

1. LaLiga: Real Madrid %62 - Barcelona %38

2. Süper Lig: Beşiktaş %62 - İstanbul Başakşehir %38

*Will be updated.

European Success

• Ligue 1 has made a great run, with Monaco and PSG in CL and Lyon in EL. More successful than previous years.
  • Jupiler Pro League has been significant in Europa League. Claimed their 6th place after top5 Leagues. But did not leave an important impact in Champions League. Club Brugge has failed to get a point in arguably the easiest Group in CL.
  • Premier League has been successful in one way. Leicester made an historical run. But the others have disappointed once again. Only Manchester United is still in the competition. But haven't met a serious opponent.
  • Bundesliga couldn't manage to qualify for Semi Finals of UCL after 6 years. (Correct me if I am wrong)
  • For Serie A, Juventus reached the Finals and got the most points in Europe. They've doubled Napoli and Roma on UEFA points.
  • For Süper Lig; after 13 years, a team apart from Beşiktaş, Fenerbahçe, Galatasaray and Trabzonspor has finished their European groups as leaders. Other than that there was nothing too significant except Beşiktaş.
  • Ukrainian League have been a disappointment, worst season in latest years after Shakhtar's elimination to CeltaVigo.
  • Zenit has dissappointed the Russians, Rostov and Krosnodar made a good run for their expectations.
  • Primeira Liga has gotten less points than the previous years after both Benfica and Porto are eliminated in Ro16 in UCL.

My Top11

1. La Liga

2. Ligue 1

My surprise prediction: Monaco, Lyon and PSG in Europe and Nice in the Ligue have raised their ranks this year for me

3. Premier League
Chelsea won the league with relative ease, Manchester United has reached the Finals who are 6th in League and Leicester played in Quarters while playing not to relegate. But mostly boring games between mid and low table teams.

4. Bundesliga
I would actually consider Bundesliga and Serie A as equals but teams like Leipzig, Hoffenheim etc being so persistent makes Germans 4th

5. Serie A

• Juventus reached the Finals, Napoli was eliminated to Real Madrid. Juventus was comfortable in the league as always. They got a little bit too comfortable on latest weeks. But teams other than top3 being too inconsistent makes the League 5.*

6. Süper Lig
Beşiktaş obviously. And Başakşehir are still in the competition which makes the league more entertaining. Osmanlıspor finished first in group while they were below mid table in Turkey. Fenerbahçe finished above the Finalists in Group Stage.

7. Eredivisie
Ajax are the Finalists yet they couldn't won the league. Feyenoord started the League with an amazing run. And the champions weren't decided until the last week. Entertaining

Their teams' Europa League run have been awesome. Even Genk-Gent played against in eachother in Europe with surprise results.

*I would actually put the Russians in higher place but could not find a place.

10. Primeira Liga

What are your opinions? If you disagree with me please explain why you don't agree.

Champions

Almost Champions

Play-offs

Neck and Neck

*Will be updated.

European Success

• Jupiler Pro League has been significant in Europa League. Claimed their 6th place after top5 Leagues. But did not leave an important impact in Champions League. Club Brugge has failed to get a point in arguably the easiest Group in CL.

My Top11

1. La Liga

2. Ligue 1

3. Premier League

4. Bundesliga

5. Serie A

• Juventus reached the Finals, Napoli was eliminated to Real Madrid. Juventus was comfortable in the league as always. They got a little bit too comfortable on latest weeks. But teams other than top3 being too inconsistent makes the League 5.*

6. Süper Lig

7. Eredivisie

Their teams' Europa League run have been awesome. Even Genk-Gent played against in eachother in Europe with surprise results.

10. Primeira Liga

Champions

Almost Champions

Play-offs

Neck and Neck

*Will be updated.

European Success

My Top11

1. La Liga

2. Ligue 1

3. Premier League

4. Bundesliga

5. Serie A
Juventus reached the Finals, Napoli was eliminated to Real Madrid. Juventus was comfortable in the league as always. They got a little bit too comfortable on latest weeks. But teams other than top3 being too inconsistent makes the League 5.

6. Süper Lig

7. Eredivisie

10. Primeira Liga

Comments
Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

I agree about Gomez, however I don't blame him for his decision. He was very afraid and thought Turkey was never going to be the same and left just after the coup attempt.
enter image description here

Still, this does not change the fact that the decision was a career fail. If he played for us this year, we could have made it through to Rof16 or even Quarter Finals. He would have been one of the topscorers of UCL. But he chose to play relegation with Wolfsburg. Feeling kinda sad for him.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Update: Serie A: Juventus %100

Congratulations Juventus for being the first Italian team to win it 6 times in a row !

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Update: LaLiga: Real Madrid %100
Süper Lig: Beşiktaş %82 - İstanbul Başakşehir %18

Congrats to Real Madrid. Well deserved championship.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Emrecan Mario made his choice, maybe this was the best for his family and personal life but only him can tell. His choice for his career though? Everyone can tell it wasn't a great one in hindsight. :P I still think we won't ever have a way to know if it would have changed thing for you guys though in the CL if he had stayed. But to be fair, I like to think it would have been. ;) Anyway, even if not for him, I hope Wolfburg stay up. :)

Juventus win was pretty certain from the start imo.

Also, happy for Zidane, after losing last year on a single point despite taking over Benitez half point trough the year, he just go and won on his first full season with Real Madrid. Zinedine Zidane is really the stuff of legend if you want my opinion, as a player and as a coach. ;)