Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Best goalkeepers - now and all-time?
nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

There are a lot of disputes as to who is the best keeper and the official lists keep changing. Manuel Neuer was #1 not long ago now many rate De Gea as better. Where does Buffon fit in? Are any of the keepers today challenging the top elite that has gone before for that #1 spot?

My top 3 right now would be:

1. De Gea
  2. Buffon
  3. Neuer

I can't really comment on the all-time best as I have only been watching football for about 3 years now. Have your say below as to the best keepers today and in all-time. I would have done a poll but I would be bound to miss out some important ones.

Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Indeed. But still nowhere near Casillas or Buffon. Neuer trumps Cech by a visible margin too.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Based on what?

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

@chelsea8 clean sheet can often be misleading as it could be down to a strong defence rather than the keeper himself...however I still think he was good

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

there is no way to compare keepers, it's just a preference.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Chelsea8 Well, I guess you could but you would have to find very similar situation and compare how they position themselve, their reaction time, if they catch the ball or if they punch it away, turn it for a corner kick, etc, etc...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Chelsea8 Well, I guess you could but you would have to find very similar situation and compare how they position themselve, they reaction time, if they catch the ball or if they punch it away, turn it for a corner kick, etc, etc...

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Buffon and casillias had good defence too, don't know how you can say they were better than cech when you can't prove it, it's just an opinion.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Buffon and Casillas are regarded as bigger goalkeepers than Cech based on their national team achievements.

Cech is like CR7, from a smaller football nation, even smaller than Portgual so it's harder to get the recognition but Cech came to Chelsea when that team got alot of money and they could get anyone to be their next goalkeeper but Cech was just pure class it's a big thing to not be replaced and to be in top form for a top team for 11 years and it's not like he's bad now he is by far the best goalkeeper Arsenal has had in the last 20 years.