Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Best free-kicks takers who still playing (2019 edition)
tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Leo Messi scores his 100 goals outside the box in which 43 of them are direct free-kicks.

He's IMO the best free kick taker still playing.

He's also one of the very few (if not the only one) who has ever score 3 goals from free-kick in 3 consecutive games!

Who do you think might be better?

enter image description here

Comments
Dynastian98 4 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Pjanic and James are extremely good FK takers. But I'm not sure if there are many players on the level of Messi these days.

Marcus2011 4 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Free kick takers and long range experts are no longer in abundance like it was in the past.

Whatever happened to Ronaldo? Didn’t he used to have a good conversation ratio

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

Found this article, might interest you. Got some interesting stat there.

Problem with freekick is that it doesn't alway boil down to the kicker. Its also a question of preparation from the goalie. Nowaday, goalkeeper have better reflex and I feel that in general, they are better prepared to stop free kick, especially against known player, like Messi and Ronaldo, because they study and anticipate how those player will shoot.

tiki_taka 4 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

neymar and Di Maria scored some. if we are talking about consitency Messi is miles away ahead these recent years.

but if we talk about FR taking IQ, Pjanic, Ney, Coutinho, Griez, Willian, Payet, Pogba, Kroos, Calhanoglou, Mahrez, Ziech, Sané.... and the list is long all have good aptitudes and some sick goals lately...

I think consistence and on target conversion are only criterias, goal conversion depend on Gk too. so on target shoots conversion is a good way to make a top 10.