Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ben Arfa to Barca imminent move.
tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Ben Arfa visiting the installation actually in Barcelona to be the fourth man in the attack. He will sign for free as his one year contract with Nice is ending soon.

Obviously a good deal since its for free, but what do you think about the move ?

Comments
iHEARTfootball 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

very surprising news, but I think it's also an excellent move for him. I remember this guy beasting it solo during his time at Newcastle. Unfortunately he hit rock bottom with his shitty form afterwards and ended up paying his way back in Hull City. I haven't seen him since he moved back to France, but if Barcelona are offering him the chance for free, I'd take it in a heartbeat if I were him.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

very surprising news, but I think it's also an excellent move for him. I remember this guy beasting it solo during his time at Newcastle. Unfortunately he hit rock bottom with his shitty form afterwards and ended up paying his way back in Hull City. I haven't seen him since he moved back to France, but if Barcelona are offering him the chance for free, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

tiki_taka 8 years ago

Well I wouldn't if I was him, his playing time would be limited it will be hard to earn a starting place over MSN and Hatem is 28yo. I would have gone for Atletico or any top club in England but as a Barca fan pretty happy with the bargain.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

He is actually 29 already. I just don't get it why would Barca want him? I think he is decent player, but nowhere near Barca attacking quality. As for him, I would take it. Go and win something big.

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

I wouldnt want him for free even actually. I really wish barcelona would bring some young talent in. Forget nolito, ben arfa, torres, kuyt.

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Also barcelona dont play with a cam and that is where hes been playing this season

Oturan51 8 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain, France 2 111

Well he kind of fcked up his career because of bad decisions and consistency. But talent wise he is considered by many to be one of the very best (i think so too), so if he finds his balance at Barca he could very easily be a huge added value to the team.
And his year at Nice was a success so i think it's a bet worth taking even if he's 29 years old.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Well, he's free, so why would Barca care, it's more depth, and who knows, he might find a new level of form playing with such high quality players.

For Ben Arfa himself, it's a risk worth taking. He's 29, only has so many years left, it is his last chance to establish himself at a high level. If he fails, he takes back a year's worth of high salary and goes somewhere else. If he succeeds, he writes down his name in Barca history.

It's a no-brainer for me.

Chucksea 8 years ago
Chelsea 5 267

He has killed it in France this year. Earned his move. I'm surprised too by his decision to move to Barca since they only rotate the midfield three, so if he doesn't want to drop and play deeper he wont play at all. Still, playing at Barca is a amazing opportunity for him to put his hands on some big trophy.

tiki_taka 8 years ago

It's all about the mentality and the player ambition, forget his past he wasn't mature enough and not well guided, now in his last interview he is clearly not interested by money but he wants to get rid of his wasted talent image, he was the most talented of the Nasri/Benz generation and he didn't had the same trajectory. Ending in a big club is his actual dream I think he will give it all.
If it doesn't work at least he tried, he showed consistency this season as ligue 1 followers said above he killed it this year being player of the month many times over Zlatan, Lass, Di Maria and co.

tiki_taka 8 years ago

Luis Enrique gave his veto, sadly no Ben Arfa for Barca, let's bring Nolito then and sell useless Munir.

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Buy me for God sake. I got the talent, looks and I come cheap :)

Jokes aside, its better for Barca to get a solid defender instead of injury prones. They have way too many dribblers and midfielders. I dont even think Ben arfa would fit in. He shines when he is on the run, aside from his mesmerizing dribbling, thats about it from him. If he joined Sevilla.. Celta...or Villareal. shiiittt, la liga would be epic.

tiki_taka 8 years ago

Well that was the old Ben Arfa, this year Ben Arfa is different trust me I'm not that bad on judging players form. I still think that the team that will sign him for free will do a good deal.
I absolutely agree with you that defense should be Barca's first occupation, Marquinhos is linked as a rumour, but having Ben Arfa for free isn't a bad option, what were they lining up when Ney or Messi were injured, 17 yo Munir. Barca doesn't have enough depth the progression of youngsters under Rossell/Bartomeu have somehow stopped and it's being realistic to say it comparing to Lucas Vasquez addition or morata's no one seem able to breakthrough.