Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Bayern Munich sign goalkeeper Pepe Reina
quikzyyy 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Bayern Munich have agreed a deal to sign goalkeeper Pepe Reina from Liverpool

The Spain international, who spent last season on loan at Napoli, will join the German champions as back-up for number-one keeper Manuel Neuer if he passes a medical.
A statement on the Bayern website confirmed terms have been agreed with both Reina and Liverpool.

And chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said: "The player will come to Munich in the next few days for a medical examination and to sign his contract."

He was eager to come to Bayern Munich. He wanted to embark on this adventure even though he knows that, in Manuel Neuer, he has a keeper in front of him who, if nothing changes, will always remain the number one."

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

The Spain international, who spent last season on loan at Napoli, will join the German champions as back-up for number-one keeper Manuel Neuer if he passes a medical.

A statement on the Bayern website confirmed terms have been agreed with both Reina and Liverpool.

And chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said: "The player will come to Munich in the next few days for a medical examination and to sign his contract.

"He was eager to come to Bayern Munich. He wanted to embark on this adventure even though he knows that, in Manuel Neuer, he has a keeper in front of him who, if nothing changes, will always remain the number one."

Comments
Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

They are just hoarding talent at the moment. They also want to initiate Reus' 25.000.000 Euro buyout clause (which is pathetically low for someone like Reus), and seem to be trying to make the Bundesliga a monopoly.

Marcus2011 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Lol I would not accuse Bayern of monopolizing if I was Real Madrid fan .

However, I agree . Bayern killed Dortmund . The Dortmund that everyone had high hopes for . I honestly never did . Anyone could see this coming . Dortmund having financial problems and Bayern hitting them right where it hurts buying Gotze right before final of 2013 . It was obvious Dortmund success will be suffocated by Bayern's financial might .

Just watch same thing happening to Atletico Madrid .

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Lol I would not accuse Bayern of monopolizing if I was Real Madrid fan .

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Marcus You're right and don't forget Southampton too. Although today I saw a lot of rumours that Arsenal may sign Reus next summer ahead of Bayern on release clause.

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Southampton has different priorities and quickly gave up on holding down to players. I think we will never see another Nottingham Forrest building from zero to win CL or ever see Blackburn challenging for EPL title again .

Arsenal are keen on Reus . In my opinion Reus is type of player who would like to stay in Germany . Probably Bayern will take him , hence Robben and Ribbery are aging .

ashwin1729 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

He deserves to start...I guess Pep will rotate him and Neuer for cup games...