Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Bayern - Liverpool Post-Match
Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

No one seems to be talking about this tie, but Bayern were completely outclassed. I thought that Liverpool would be much more comfortable with VVD back in the lineup, but in the end they barely needed him. Bayern did not provide any threat whatsoever to Liverpool. The one goal Bayern scored, Robertson fell asleep very badly.

Lewandowski was isolated for much of the game, and Salah, Mane, and Firmino did an excellent job pressing Sule and Hummels. I know this Bayern side isn't what they used to be, but the comfort with which Liverpool's defense played tonight was embarrassing for Bayern.

Liverpool probably didn't even need VVD this entire game. Bayern hardly ever threatened them outside of the first 20 minutes or so, and even if VVD didn't score, someone from Liverpool was bound to because they were rolling Bayern over in the second half.

Comments
Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11426

Didn't have time to talk about the game earlier but I saw it and boy it was great but not for Bayern mind you. Still, I'm glad for Liverpool as they really deserved it more in both games, they were relentless. As for Bayern, really dissapointed, they never looked like they really believed or even wanted to come back after the first goal. Nearly think this is worse than Real Madrid if only because of the attitude. Hope this serve as a wake up call and Bayern start thinking about what they should be doing next.

Edit: Good analysis by te way Dynast as usual! +1

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Didn't have time to talk about the game earlier but I saw it and boy it was great but not for Bayern mind you. Still, I'm glad for Liverpool as they really deserved it more in both games, they were relentless. As for Bayern, really dissapointed, they never looked like they really believed or even wanted to come back after the first goal. Nearly think this is worse than Real Madrid if only because of the attitude. Hope this serve as a wake up call and Bayern start thinking about what they should be doing next.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Liverpool schooled Bayern in all departments.

For so long I haven't felt this comfortable from an EPL side against the German in UCL knockout, quite surprising to be honest.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

4 EPL teams in the quarters! cmon!

raimondo90 5 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Bayern hasn't been too class for a few years now. The squad needs to changes. Boateng and Hummels don't look too convincing anymore.

A return to quick counters and explosive pace on the wing would be best for them.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

Also, can we talk about Neuer, lad seriously don't look the same since his last long term injury. Starting to feel a bit bad for him. :(