Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Bayern confirm Renato Sanches & Mats Hummels
quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

German giants Bayern have completed a deal for the Portuguese player, who will move to Munich in the summer for an undisclosed fee.

Sanches signed a new contract at Benfica in November, which contained a release clause which would be triggered by a transfer offer of £35m (45m euros) - Bayern have paid an initial fee of £27.5m (35m euros).
enter image description here

And they have also bolstered their defence with the acquisition of Dortmund's German international centre-back Hummels on a deal until 2021. Hummels, had one year left on his contract at Dortmund, who had placed a "non-negiotable" price tag of £31.5m (40m euros) on the 46-cap international.

Thoughts? I think Bayern has once again done extremely well, and extremely fast. This is something I think more teams need to do, make business as fast as possible before the new season starts.

Comments
VAMOSBenfica 8 years ago
15 183

Lol. I'm cool with it given we receive the reported rise to €80 million. Renato is a quality player in world class and extremely humble for his massive talent. He will become one of football's biggest names with Bayern, I am in no doubt.

Good luck to both of them.

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Now with Sanches and Hummels in the squad, Carlo as the new boss.. Bayren seems to be scary as ever. Why am I not surprised. But the real question is, with the team go as high as everyone are expecting from them next year. They have everything, from young talent, to experienced ones, from a world class boss and world class players, let alone the best GK in the world

Yaya_Toure_City 8 years ago
Arsenal, England 0 1

Sanchez looks a bit like chief keef

Lilywhite 8 years ago
28 468

Potentially 80 million euros for Renato Sanches, holy fucking fuck. Portuguese clubs know how to make money. But surprised he went to Bayern, United seemed to have much better chance to sign him, also Barcelona and Real Madrid.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Well that sucks, I really thought United was going to pick up Sanches. Now I'm just hoping we don't screw up Varane as well.

Argjentt96 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Kosovo 1 496

Man.Utd strikes again

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Bayern need more German players to retain their identity. I think Hummels was a great choice.

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Well F*** Bayern... Renato was ours to take..

And as for Hummels, you never expect a team captain to make this type of move.. Sad day for football except if you are a Bayern fan.

I would happily take any leftover CB that Bayern wants to leave out. United is in serious need of a defender with experience.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Varane. You want Varane. Screw Benatia.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Sun Not too sure Real Madrid will sell him but hopefully, MU wouldn't fail on this ocassion if a chance were to present itself..

@Tuanis I agree, at first, I thought I understand how he fell then he went and said that the statement made by the team gave a bad impression so I got my hope up again but then, we hear that he made a move to Bayern official. I'm not impressed at all with the way he handled thing in the end. Still, I'm worried that this move will torment him and hurt him in his perfomance. On a more positif note, if Hummels join Bayern, there is a chance that Benatia is gonna be tempted to play somewhere else, do you think Manchester United might manage to sign him or if he would fit?

@Iheartfootball I feel you man, I was sure he was going to MU, guess Bayern were just faster this time around... :(

@Vamos Once again lad, a very mature comment from you, it warm the heart to see someone who respect and cheer his player even when they leave and play for other team.

@Rayrex Indeed, everybody will have to watch out for them and it will be interesting to watch them next season for sure. I fear however that they might be damaged by injury like they are every year, the worse is, they have more than enough debt so you really have to wonder how come they are still affected so much by them. Still, they will no doubt be very strong next year, a team that I wouldn't even wish for my enemy to face.

Eden17Hazard17 8 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

@Tuanis

Yeah it's very sad that Hummels, their captain, has chosen to make the switch that every non-Bayern fan loathes, but I think his move is more justified than Gotze's or Lewadowski's. Hummels is a Bavarian. He's live there for many years, coming through Bayern's academy and earning a cap for the first team before he moved to Dortmund on loan, just in search of game time. He's been there for 7 years now but his ties are with Bayern. His father even worked for Bayern way way back, and he got married in Bavaria. I hated it when Gotze and Lewa moved, I'll hate it if Reus moves but I know that's never going to happen, but I feel like Hummels has every right to move to Bayern.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I wouldn't even blame Reus if he moved at this point. Dortmund is an awesome team with a great following, but how much can a guy take? First Gotze, then Lewa, then Klopp, now Hummels, and the rumor mill is now saying Mkhitaryan is trying to get a move out. This is not Reus' BVB anymore.

JozeMourinho 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Bayern becomes stronger while BVB keeps losing their main stars..sigh..

Seriously they aim to weaken them or it just happens? Don't they want someone to be able to challenge in their league? Celtic lost Rangers and fell in the abyss by losing to some low tier Sweedish team called Malmo with a prick for a manager. Bayern is gonna regret downgrading BVB having ONLY competitive games in UCL is something they payed for like PSG.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Bayern becomes stronger while BVB keeps losing their main stars..sigh..

Seriously they aim to weaken them or it just happens? Don't they want someone to be able to challenge in their league? Celtic lost Rangers and fell in the abyss by losing to some low tier Sweedish team called Malmo with a prick for a manager. Bayern is gonna regret downgrading BVB having competitive games in UCL is something they payed for like PSG.

ashwin1729 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

@Tuanis: LVG didn't want Sanchez apparently. Don't know how much of this is true. A day after this popped out, Renato signs for Bayern.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@joze I'm guessing its because player that play for BVB have a lot of visibility for Bayern since they play in the same league. But in any case, I agree with you lad, Bayern are creating their own downfall by making the only other good side in the league weaker.

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Ousmane Dembele to Dortmund.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@tiki Oui, I heard that, good for him but I'm worrying about his progression, hope the jump won't be too high, still, I think this is a better move than other he could have made.

JuanMata10 8 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@Emo: Don't worry, Dortmund is a fantastic place to develop. They have a great record with young players.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@JuanMata Good, I was worried it might be too much pressure for him but you reassured me, alway good to know french prospect are gonna be ok. Thanks lad. :D