Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Barcelona Signs Paulinho
Daggerwall 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 3 32

It finally happened, Barcelona have decided to spend a sizeable chunk of that Neymar money on one of the best players in the market, Paulinho...

Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Feels nice to have a Barca fan praise Madrid's midfield after watching Xavi-Busquets/Toure-Iniesta f*ck us for like 10 years.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I completely agree, though. Barcelona's success is basically 80% Messi nowadays. The club has been breaking apart from the inside-out. Too much politics, too much greed, too much focus on things that are not factors in the team's success.

I feel like in 20 years, Barcelona might just be a mediocre team and us fans will all revel about the golden days of Xavi-Messi-Iniesta.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I feel like in 20 years, Barcelona might just be a mediocre team and us fans will all revel about the golden days of Xavi-Messi-Iniesta.

Yo, F*ck those three, you know how many champions leagues they cost me

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@SunFlash

Shut up we had to deal with them at least twice a year. Just count the number of ass-slappings they gave us. :P

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Since 2008-09, Barcelona have outscored us 61-42 in Clasicos. Man f*ck Messi-Xavi-Iniesta. :')

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

yea and since 2008/09 Barcelona have won more champions league tittles (3) than in the rest of their history (2).

DonAndres 7 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

are all of you convinced right now?
this club is a joke.

Messi my boy, don't waste your prime years. You can sign for whoever you want. No one will blame you.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Personally speaking, Messi's peak was probably the span between 2010-2013. 2010/11 was the season where he was scoring for fun, going in ridiculous dribbling runs, and controlling the front lines. 2011/12 was when he was made the fulcrum of the offense, and was at his goal-scoring peak. And 2012/13 was when he almost single-handedly won Barca the league title, along with Iniesta.

I genuinely feel like he hasn't been the same since the injuries he suffered late in the 2012/13 season. He's stopped making runs unless it's a counter-attack, he avoids dribbling as much, he moves a lot slower nowadays and hardly sprints at full speed, and he chooses to mostly shoot from close-distance. Apparently he's still good enough to thump fifty goals in a season, so f*ck if anyone cares. :')

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Dyn: i disagree. His role evolve in a very different direction now. And of course he's not the 22 Messi anymore he has to watch out.

He is probably one of the few (3 players) at this era, still holding the ball game in game out and dribble straight to the face of the opponent team.

He's dropping back a lottttt more now to create chances and pass through because there is no more Xavi or young Iniesta to do that for him. I dont know how much you watch Messi game, but I doubt if there is ANY other player on the planet (other than Neymar) sprint at full speed, takes on 3 or 4 defenders and got fouls more than 10 times in a game, and still keep doing it. Messi is still pretty much the same compare to him 7 years ago. Age makes him a bit slower, he doesn't choose to shoot from close distant, from further he now does the ASSIST instead.

That effect his scoring numbers.

Similar to Ronaldo, they adapt their game to whatever works best for the current formation and squad, and his age.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Valverde is losing the season before it starts, Paulinho is not worth 40 mil euros and Barcelona needs a winger and a backup for Suárez.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

And its official, heres hoping their next recruit is gonna be younger. :(

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

My understand of this transfer was that Barca wanted to sign a Brazilian, specifically Coutinho and/or Paulinho to make Neymar happy since they are close friends. Im really shocked Barca went ahead with it after Neys departure. Barca could have spent that 40mil on someone much better and younger. Let alone this restricts the chances of a youth player getting game time.

LucasR 7 years ago
Barcelona, Spain 0 9

wow!! a star from Chinese super league...

Fatorechi 7 years ago
Liverpool, Sweden 0 13

Barca is not going in the right direction..

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Love how people talk about Barça from the past, look at la Masia prospects, XAVI SIMONS and co. we will always have cycles if the youth formation is still at that level.
in 2 years, Bartomeu will be sent where he belongs to Shadows, thats the advantage of a 4 year club presidency, you dont suffer from an owner a life time.
Well Paulinho Selecao stats look decent, the price is ridiculous but the actual situation of Barça midlefield, he may break into the eleven lol.

Anyway, apparently Sergi Roberto is targetted by Chelsea/United with a low buyout clause 40m, the playermay leave if offered guarantees about starting XI.