Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Bale's Banana Bully
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Okay, I'm sorry, but this is just silliness personified. For those of you that don't know, someone threw a banana at Gareth Bale during the NLD, because, as the meanie song goes: "he looks like a chimp".

And now, since it became a 'big deal', Arsenal FC have pledged to 'work closely' with Tottenham Hotspur FC, to find and identify this evil banana thrower, and BAN HIM FOR LIFE.

Seriously. They're going to hunt this bloke down and ban him for life... for throwing a banana at... a white Welshman??

For heaven's sake, after years of anti-Semitism from various clubs' supporters aimed at Spurs fans/players, suddenly everyone is all up in arms over the throwing of a banana at someone who, admittedly, does have a bit of an apish visage, but most certainly NOT the skin colour associated with the racism of banana tossing??

LOL. Way to make stupid, pointless, token actions, guys. :p

Article: http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/have-arsenal-lost-the-plot-after-declaring-they-ll-ban-gareth-bal

Comments
Falconryman1 11 years ago
Arsenal 1 161

Rivals or not, that was a very stupid thing to do. I hope they find this disgraceful bitter fan.

ikoiko 11 years ago
Arsenal, Spain 53 853

Aren't the people throwing bananas at black players doing so for the same reason? If action is taken for those racist fans, I see it only fair that equal action be taken on this one fan in particular, be it racism or chimpism.

ikoiko 11 years ago
Arsenal, Spain 53 853

Pretty hilarious though. Bale does strike a chimpish resemblance.

United_Hates_Blues 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

Bale is Welsh and White so I would make a big deal if it was a negro player. No need for racism in football but, Bale does look like a chimp I think its funny. 

Falconryman1 11 years ago
Arsenal 1 161

I have to admit, Bale does kinda look like a chimp lol. Still no reason to throw a banana though.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Sam with the Inter fans on Balo