{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

AVB Explains
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

So, here's what he had to say, following our (largely wasted) transfer window:

Points I think are important:

1) Holtby -- Yes, yes, yes. Very excited by this, but, midfield was the area we were least worried about. :p

2) Siggurdsson -- Good. I'm glad we didn't sell him, because I rate him highly, and think he will come good in the end. Not selling him, despite 3 offers tells me that AVB rates him too, and wants to make him part of our future. Good.

3) The Window -- Stop making excuses. Yes, you can tell us that sitting in 4th if the window had never happened would be good, but that doesn't change the fact that the window DID happen. Liverpool strengthened, and Arsenal have Giroud finally coming into form. Everton will continue to chug along, and what do we have? Defoe with a dodgy hip (and form), Ade with a dodgy workrate, Kane who has spent the whole season injured at Norwich, and Dempsey, who, well. You get the picture. We're entering the tail-end of the season, where teams will be even harder to break down, and the lower teams will be happy with a point, and all we have is a 30-year old who has forgotten where the goal is, and a 28-year old currently in Africa who can't seem to be bothered even trying to find the goal.

However you slice it, this window was an enormous missed opportunity, and if we end up missing out on the CL again, there will be only one direction to point the blame. Telling us that 'we're okay' rings pretty hollow when we can't even take 3 points from QPR and Norwich, and could have been sitting comfortably in 3rd by now.

We need more goals, which means we need better strikers. It's that simple. 

4) Damiao -- I don't care what you say, this was a cock-up of epic proportions. We've known for months what their asking price is. We've known they have no reason to lower it. We've known we've needed a top-quality striker ever since we sold BERBATOV, which was quite a while ago now. We've had the window open for an entire month, and only on the last day does Levy even try for him. Fuck off with the excuses. Either we didn't really want him, in which case shame on you for bullshitting us, or Levy fucked it up by being too much of a tight-arse. There is no 3rd option. Our club has been embarrassed by it.

5) Formation -- Well, if we do only have those 2 strikers, why not change our formation from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 instead? Or, hell, 4-5-1. We've built up this fantastic midfield; let's use it properly. 

Apologies for spam, but I had to get it off my chest somewhere. I just feel like we've been given the run-around, and maybe if Adebayor had been better this season I'd be less worried, but... he wasn't, and I am.

We've waited long enough for that extra edge, and if we don't get it this season, I fear our competition for CL football will strengthen, and leave us behind.

Comments
GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026
  1. Holtby is a quality signing. Will improve the Spurs midfield. 

2. Siggurdsson is definitely a good player. I'm sure he will get in the goals soon enough.

1. I agree with it all. Spurs have good strikers, but they are lacking that one main guy, if you know what I mean. Liverpool have Suarez. Arsenal have Giroud. United have RVP. City have Aguero. You get the picture.

2. Damiao would of been a great signing! Could of been Spurs' main guy. Unlucky that the deal fell apart though... for now at least.

3. 4-5-1 would look good with Spurs. Bale and Lennon on the wings. Defoe as the striker. Holtby, Dempsey & Sandro in the middle. Would be cool.
AjaxDeSuperYids 11 years ago
Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

arsenal have giroud? im not sure this player should be mentioned along with luis, rvp and aguero :) well we got cuenca who is better than girod and cuenca been injured for loooong time too !

Lodatz 11 years ago

@GunnerAFC: Aside from swapping Dembele for Dempsey, that would be my first choice midfield too.

GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

Completely forgot about Dembele! He's a class player. Very talented.

@Ajax Yes, Arsenal have Giroud. He may not be as good as Suarez, RVP & Aguero but he is OUR main starting striker. You can rave about your player all you want, you thinking he's better than Giroud is just your opinion. 

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Damiao could have fit Tottenham! They are known for trying to make game beautiful to watch.

Lodatz 11 years ago

@Gunner: I agree about Giroud. He was wobbly, but is now hitting form just at the right time. He seems to have finally clicked, and so long as Wenger doesn't go back to Gervinho over Podolski, this strike-force suddenly looks very dangerous.

@expert: I think he would have fit too. :/ There is no shortage of chances, at Spurs, just someone who can finish them off.