Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arthur Melo - New Xavi of Barcelona in the making
Comments
tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Golazo is right. A golden generation doesnt come that often, might take a few decades.

La Masia indeed fades away in this sense but they still produce quite high quality players. They just dont trust them enough to let them break through team A. A trade like Dembele is stupid.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

Lots of papers say Arthur is the new Xavi... All of those the new Messi, the new Ronaldo often choke. :D

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@tuan_jinn Yeah, that what worry me the most, I don't remember people comparing Messi, Xavi and Iniesta to that many great player when they were young. Nowaday, as soon as Barca target a young player, people hype him up and compare him to one ot those and it sadly barely ever work out the way they had hope. I just hope the pression and high hope for Arthur doesn't make it look like he is underperforming. :(

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

The media ruins a lot of youngsters, especially English media. Either by putting too much pressure on them or put them on a ridiculous high horse and then have some wrong attitudes...

That includes us fans.

Like what we had with Macheda and Janujai. Now, comes Rashford and Martial, Dembele and Mbappe... I hope we don not ruin them...

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Tuan I certainly hope not but at least, those player are already at a incredible level, as long as they don't decrease with injury or with run of bad form, I don't expect their career to go in a similar manner as the other two you named.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

They presented him in Barcelona, I think he will be great for them.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Golazo I hope so at least. ;)

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

Please stop it new xavi iniesta messi henry ronaldo. Underhype is the better approach.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

^ +1

I can't see him play so much to be honest. Barcelona have too many midfielders. I think Andre Gomes needs to go. Rafinha, Iniesta and Turan have already gone though,so really its not as bad I suppose.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

You can break through from youth teams to first squad if the club has room for it. Teams like Monaco or Dortmund have more chances to develop gems than Barca. Old Barca was under construction and poor so they had no other options than rely on their best youngsters... Now we became less patient and very rich so we sign mainly stars with marketing power.
But the name to retain and probably Barca are preparing is Xavi Simons... a shame Alena and Arnaiz can’t play more.
Tello, Sandro and co got wasted but they are also partially responsible...

Also change of presidency and direction changed the cap of the club, with the sportive success Laporta made. Rossell/Bartomeu cashed on it, made sponsors on Barca shirts and copied Madrid Perez model. I really want to see Laporta back and I think Barca should actively look to feed some clubs like Chelsea does in Holland.