Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arteta's Arsenal
SteveBould 4 years ago
Arsenal, England 8 314

What do you guys think of the new gaffer?

I like his energy and passion for the game he's much more animated on the sideline than Emery and obviously a million times more lively than dinosaur Wenger. His formations look good, the players seem to be comfortable in their positions and the tactics look sharp. The players seem to fight for him and I don't see any of the old last years of Wenger of lazing around not hustling and closing down on the ball.

Time will tell if he's the manager to take this club forward but I think he has a natural instinct for the game and really has picked up a lot from Pep who's obviously one of the greatest managers of our era. If he can close out the season strong, finish in the top 5 of the league and win Europa I consider it a massive success. Champions League qualification would be colossal for the club going forward and I just don't see us doing that by finishing top four. But the Europa is very winnable and I'm sure Arteta will prioritize the competition. I must admit I was a bit worried by appointing a first time manager at a club this large (look what happened to Henry at Monaco) but Mikel exudes confidence, seems like he was made to coach and the players respond to him.

Also who do you want the Gunners to go for in the transfer market?
I know summer is a bit away but I think a proper CAM is in order.

All responses much appreciated, would love to know what the lads think!

Thanks,
SB

Comments
DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Scary thing about the Gunners is they have a very solid team now, and with them finding their footing with the new coach, they can be pretty dangerous.

Love seeing Ozil playing like his old self again. Pepe is fun to watch as well.

I wont offer future pick ups because I don't want the team to succeed over Man Utd. haha

Long lost is my QPR as well, ughh!

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

CB & CDM should be priority.

I see the difference in our defence which looks much better (Mustafi & Xhaka redemption incoming), however our attacking play is still very boring, slow and hard to watch.

Manmanutd 4 years ago Edited
4 702

M

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

My opinion is Arteta is the reason we havent won the games we drew for playing Lacazette upfront instead of Aubameyang and benching pepe. He has seemed to make us stronger defensively though. I may turn on him if our attacking play doesnt return to the Wenger era next season

tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Now, 3 wins in a row, and the team is actually stepping up in difficult time, Arteta does respond to the turns of game which is something you dont have in the last 2 years.

Too early to say anything though

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

True, however I'm kinda pissed with Aubameyang playing on the wing..