Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arsene Wenger Could Take a Chance on Alan Dzagoev
DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

The Sunday Express claims Arsenal could bid for rising young star Alan Dzagoev.

The CSKA Moscow attacking midfielder is considered one of the brightest developing talents in the game and is in the final year of his contract.

Dzagoev would definitely address an important need for the Gunners: Arsene Wenger's team could use an infusion of flair and creativity in the attacking area of midfield.

The 22-year-old certainly fits the bill, possessing the pace, technique and craft both to score and to set up goals.

Dzagoev is currently starring at Euro 2012, having already helped his country to an impressive 4-1 win over the Czech Republic. Dzagoev scored two goals with well-taken and composed finishes.

The diminutive, fleet-footed attacker could give Arsenal the replacement for Cesc Fabregas their current system desperately needs.

However, as talented as Dzagoev is, his acquisition would still be a risky one.

Russian players have traditionally not traveled all that well, and their recent forays into the EPL have been particularly disappointing. The talented quartet of Yuri Zhirkov, Roman Pavlyuchencko, Diniyar Bilyaletdinov and Andrei Arshavin all flopped, despite each possessing a wealth of natural ability.

Arshavin in particular is a prime example of the risks involved. Arsenal made him their record signing in the winter of 2009 when they paid around £15 million for the dynamic playmaker.

However, after a fast start to life in England, Arshavin soon lost interest and became a mere passenger in too many games. Things came to a head this past season when Wenger loaned Arshavin back to former club Zenit.

Aside from any concerns about how well Dzagoev would settle, there's also the matter of how signing a 22-year-old starlet would affect players like Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere and Francis Coquelin. The youthful trio are all capable of establishing themselves as regular first-teamers, and Dzagoev's presence would surely set at least one of them back.

Of course, the question remains if any of these three youngsters is ready to perform well enough to propel Arsenal to major trophies this season.

After the addition of Lukas Podolski, Arsenal need to make a decision in midfield.

Either a creative influence or a defensive presence is needed to boost the performances of the current group.

Any transfer rumours in the coming weeks could give some indication as to which way Wenger will go.

Comments
Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Arsenal needs to start  bolstering their squad even more than last season, I wouldn't want to see Arsene Wenger making deadline transfers again this time.

Alan Dzagoev looks promising, and he's an attacking midfielder, which Arsenal needs as well as a defensive midfielders, which is obviously Yann M'Vila. 

The Yann M'Vila rumours is starting to intensify, because Manchester United are also targeting the promising defensive midfielder. I personally think United should back off this time, and let Arsenal get what they desperately need. Plus, Arsene is an expert at bringing the best out of his French players, so Arsenal should be his destination. 

As for Dzagoev: He looks very suited for Arsenal. His dribbling is superb, and his playing style is aggressively attack-minded. Arsenal should get him!

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

they were also looking for Nuri Sahin and M Villa !!

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Jst because he played well during his first doesn't mean he's already a superstar.

Heisinburg 12 years ago

@expertfootball11, he's a superstar in the making. 

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

@expertfootball 
If you are an expert i am an astronaut!
Who cares about superstars..
Ozil wasn't a superstar but now is one of the best players.
Ramires wasn't a superstar..
You think that only superstars are good players?

Well, honestly I want to change name but I can't.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@expertfootball, I tend to agree. As a rule, it isn't prudent to buy a player based on how well he performs at an international competition (see Arshavin).
In respect to Dzagoev, I can guarantee Arsenal won't buy him. I've been closely following any developments at Arsenal and there is absolutely nothing to this rumour. The fact that it came out directly after the Russian match makes it even more suspect.

Keisuke 12 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

Dzagoev will go to Chelsea because he said that it's his best team and also because Abrahmovich is a big sponsor of CSKA, he's almost the CSKA owner... LIER!

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

good player... should be a good combination along with chamberlain,walcott and persie

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Ramaboy and Of Course Lukas Podolski!

GunnerAFC 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

No. 

GunnerAFC 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

We don't need him.

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

We got Wilshere...provided he comes back from injury. I feel as though we need a Left or a right back like Van Der Wiel or Nathaniel Clyne.

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Ok guys i just pointed out this..
i did not tell my opinion about him..

Keisuke 12 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

But you lie... Wenger doesnt have money as Abrahmovitch and CSKA is provided by Chelsea who need to buy a new squad...

GunnerGo 12 years ago
Arsenal, Venezuela 13 345

Ths rumour is just that, a rumour. It just came up taking the crisis we got with the strikers. Dzagoev looks quite promissing, but as Footaholic said, i can assure and bet that Arsenal won't bid for him at least not now.

Heisinburg 12 years ago

@Keisuke, it's not always about money....

Why Manchester City no doing 60 million £ offer on this guy ?

Keisuke 12 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

@Keisuke, it's not always about money....
@Heisinburg, Surely yes, money and contact, where are you living? Baby-Poney-Kiss World ?

VanTheMan 12 years ago
Arsenal 5 263

@keisuke just shut the f*ck up dude.. you're getting a bit annoying in this site.. -.-