Arsenal's exodus story continues ....
mladen 10 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

Sagna signs for Man City .

Comments
Emrecan_58 10 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Arsenal should make their contract with players with this:
He can't go any club in England except Arsenal.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

As a gooner and a frenchman, I love Sagna. He gave 200% for the 7 years he was at the club, he stayed when we were at the bottom, while nasri, RVP, fabregas all left for trophies. Now he's older, still a great RB, but unlike the others he leaves when the club is in a good place, and we can replace him. I'm still bitter he chose man city, but I'll keep respecting him as player. He never confessed unconditional love to arsenal or promised his career to us, he was a true professional, finished his contract and left without drama with a respectful fairwell. So, good luck sagna with your personal life, and I'm glad you could win one trophy with us. Now I wish you make tons of money at city and sit on the bench the whole season.

Vendetta 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

It's the curse of Campbell. They should have never signed a Spurs star expecting everything will be alright.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@vendetta I don't believe in karma, but that's a very valid theory. If true, still worth it ;)

GunnerAFC 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

Good luck, Sagna. You've served us well.

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Im predicting Ozil and Cozarla to follow in the next few years

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@eden wat ? Cazorla just renewed his contract, and ozil's is running for 4 more years

tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

This is really bad for Arsenal attractivity...

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Im just saying that those types of players have been the ones to leave

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

guys guys !! let's wait until the end of the summer to know if this is a bad choice. Sagna is great, but he's a 31 yo right back who wanted a fat fat and juicy juicy contract before he retires. It's reported mancity are giving him £150.000/week !!!! we can't compete with that, that's what ozil makes, our most well payed player. Sagna left, ok, but it's not that hard to replace him, there are a few good RB available this summer.

And just a heads up people, the exodus ended the season RVP left. No one left last year, this year Sagna leaves in the twilight of his career, we're buying players, get up to date. Ozil is here for the long run, and cazorla will be here until wenger decides otherwise. We have no need to sell anymore.

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Man, look at Philip Lahm, he was born in the same year (1983). And one does not simply replace RB like Philip Lahm. It won't be easy to replace Sagna.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@quikzyyy yes sagna has been one of if not our most consistent player the the last 5-6 years. But losing him is not comparable to losing RVP, Nasri, etc etc. And this way we can focus on looking for our next long term RB, look for someone young, to compete with corporal jenkinson. Philip lahm is different, he's captain for bayern and the national team, and he's the best. Sagna is great but there are potentially as good if not better RB on the market right now. He's replaceable, I'll miss him, but at the same time I'm excited to the prospect of a new player coming in and trying to make his mark. It could be Aurier, and there are talks right now that we're planing to bid for Coleman.

mladen 10 years ago

I can't imagine him to be first choice over Zabaleta . Btw we are linked with Vermalen,but it's only start of rumours (sky sports) .

KingHenry 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@mladen he's been bought for cover for Zabaleta. Vermaelen (don't forget the E), can be a good signing, but he's not the most reliable. I want to keep him, but if we find the right replacement for 3rd CB, I don't mind letting him go. And that would take care of this captaincy problem we've been having since january 2013. Though I hope wenger tells manutd to get lost, we have already enough transfer to do for other positions, unless you pay over £20m which he's not worth, it'd be wrong.

edit : sagna's not been bought, he's been brought for free

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@mladen he's been bought for cover for Zabaleta. Vermaelen (don't forget the E), can be a good signing, but he's not the most reliable. I want to keep him, but if we find the right replacement for 3rd CB, I don't mind letting him go. And that would take care of this captaincy problem we've been having since january 2013.

@mladen he's been bought for cover for Zabaleta. Vermaelen (don't forget the E), can be a good signing, but he's not the most reliable. I want to keep him, but if we find the right replacement for 3rd CB, I don't mind letting him go. And that would take care of this captaincy problem we've been having since january 2013.

edit : sagna's not been bought, he's been brought for free

Jimbet 10 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

i want Aurier. young and can play good role in attacking.

mladen 10 years ago

@ KingHenry, for free ....180k per week I heard. lol And Vermaelen don't deserve to worm bench whole season. he will left.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@mladen well he doesnt deserve to start ahead of mert and kosc. So if he wants to be in a top club in england he'll warm the bench. He wouldn't start for any of the clubs in the top 4.

Lodatz 10 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

^ this.