Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arsenal VS Tottenham Post Game Talk
Emobot7 2 years ago Edited
538 11432

Great game, missed the first 30 minutes sadly because I was sleeping. Arsenal seemed especially on point, being just in general more in control of the game and be more present in the opposition box.

Some will argue that Tottenham were punished by stupid defensive mistake (Romero on the second goal and Emerson with the red card), but you need to put the pressure on the opposition so that they make the mistake and I feel Arsenal did that.

Now, I still think Tottenham have had a very irregular form despite their excellent position this season and they've yet to show terribly good performance against another top 6 team.

As for Arsenal, thats an excellent results as this reassure them that yeah, they can beat top 6 teams which might potentially being their one big doubt. Of course, this Tottenham team might not be the biggest test yet but good momentum can go a very long way and Arsenal is on an excellent dynamic.

Thought?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Great game, missed the first 30 minutes sadly because I was sleeping. Arsenal seemed especially on point, being just in general more in control of the game and be more present in the opposition box.

Some will argue that Tottenham were punished by stupid defensive mistake (Romero on the second goal and Emerson with the red card), but you need to put the pressure on the opposition so that they make the mistake and I feel Arsenal did that.

Now, I still think Tottenham have had a very irregular form despite their excellent position this season and they've yet to show terribly good performance against another top 6 team.

As for Arsenal, thats an excellent results as this reassure them that yeah, they can beat top 6 team as well which might potentially being their one big doubts. Of course, this Tottenham team might not be the biggest test yet but good momentum can go a very long way and Arsenal is on an excellent dynamic.

Thought?

Comments
_Pelle_ 2 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

The red card sealed the deal imo

On a side note… I’m very impressed by how Arsenal controlled the ball. Got some flashbacks to Wengers invincibles.

Greatone 2 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

one thing I noticed which happened again like most games with Arsenal, is that after we get the first goal - after controlling the game so well and playing so amazingly, we drop off and let teams back into the game. And we are usually getting punished for it but then coming back.

This game had the same thing happen to a smaller degree (mainly because spurs played so defensively minded) but we managed to curtail it with the half time break. But it's something that is so worrying against teams that will take those or two chances we give them.

Mentality wise, we still need to be much, much stronger to have a chance against teams like Man City or any of the big 6. You can see how much worse we play when our mentality is poor, like against Man U

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@Greatone Feel like its Arteta answer to not be able to keep the same intensity for 90 minutes, grab the lead asap then drop the intensity as much as possible while trying to limit opponent chance and get back in gear if they manage to get even with you. Propably not the best way to go about this but it might be better in the long term than trying to go the Liverpool way and tire your player too much like Klopp possibly did with his team.

Greatone 2 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

yeah @emobot7, you can kinda see that Arteta has in-between philosophy with lots of mixing and matching of ideas, so I can definitely see that being a thing he could be trying to do, but it doesn't feel like its a controlled drop of intensity just a mentality thing like when we saw how they played away at man u - like they were a different outfit when playing with a different mentality.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@Greatone I think thats still something Arteta and pherhap the whole squads need to work on, Arsenal weakpoint for me was never getting into enough intensity to play at a high level but rather, their difficulty with dealing with their weakest moments in games.

Like, the best way I can explain it is by saying their highs can be really good but their lows tends to alway be pretty low. They need to be able to drop the energy level while still retaining a certain control of the game and I think this part of their games still need much adapting and improvement yet.

I also think their current playstyle make it hard for them whenever the other team score first.