Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arsenal v Bayern Munich (Left Back Situation & More)
GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

Since our new signing (Monreal) is ineligible to play for Arsenal in the CL because he is cup tied, we're left with Andre Santos because Kieron Gibbs is injured. We all know that Robben/Ribery would slaughter Andre Santos and wreak havoc on the left hand side against us, so we're in quite the predicament...

People are saying that even if we had our first choice left back we would still get hammered, which I can see why. You never know what you're gonna get with this Arsenal squad. Very inconsistent and only seem to show up in the second half. Excellent second half displays If I do say so myself.

But this is Bayern Munich we're talking about. The German giants. We have to play a full excellent 90 minutes at their home and at ours if we're to have any chance of qualifying. I'm going to be truthfully honest... our chances are very slim, no denying that... but what kind of fan would I be If I didn't believe my team could advance to the next round? A poor one, that's what.

I believe that Arsenal can beat Bayern Munich. Just as Chelsea believed in the CL Final. I was full of joy when Drogba scored his header and winning penalty. He cemented himself as a true Chelsea legend that night. Chelsea did a great job for themselves and England by winning the CL. It's a shame that they got knocked out so early in this years CL. I would of really loved to see Hazard, Oscar & Mata excel. Too bad though.

Moving on now, this is how I would set up for Bayern in the first leg.

GK: Scz
LB: Vermaelen
RCB: Koscielny
LCB: Mert
RB: Sagna
CM: Arteta or Diaby
CM: Cazorla
CAM: Wilshere
LW: Podolski
CF: Giroud
RW: Walcott    

Comments
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I agree with you, actually, GunnerAFC. While Bayern are obviously favorites for many, I think Arsenal have a great game in them, when they really try. And perhaps it will suit them to be on the counter-attack, using the pace of Walcott and the Ox, along with Cazorla's cunning. 

I think this tie will be a lot closer than most people reckon, and Arsenal could snatch it.

Personally, though, I would have Arteta and Wilshire both lying deeper, with Cazorla doing the feeding to the forwards.

GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

Thanks for the reply @Lodatz :)

Agreed, our counter attacks will be key, especially with our pace.

At first I did have Cazorla in the advanced role, but watching the Swansea game I witnessed Wilshere absolutely dominating the midfield and causing all sorts of problems for Swansea. I cant be comparing Swansea to Bayern though, but I'm sure Wilshere could cause them problems too. Maybe Wil & Caz can switch up during the game every now and then. It will be interesting to see.

naman93 11 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

A few days ago when Arsene Wenger was asked about Pep Guardiola joining Bayern Munich in July and how this would affect Arsenal in UCL, he replied :

"That's great news for both Bayern and Pep, now we have to play against a team with two managers !!"

Haha ... Wenger trolling press since 1996.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@Gunner: The switches would be very interesting, I agree. I guess I just think that Wilshere's athleticism and physique will be needed to keep Bayern's midfield in check. They have the typical German power & pace combo, which I'm not sure Cazorla or Arteta would be able to handle by themselves.

We'll see, I guess. :)

GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

@Naman Lol! Wenger's troll game is on point like a triangle. Mmm!

@Lod Ah, fair points. We'll see for sure :)

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

i believe we can but, we must get off the stupid mistakes like yesterday,  we need to play like we beat Barca 2:1 luckily or not, we have to repeat it!

GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

@Quik First 20 seconds, shambolic defending. So embarrassing. We definitely need to cut that out against Bayern and overall in our general play.

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

yes that's fatal mistakes, and we pay for them almost every match by loosing points..

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

The problem with Arsenal is that they don't see things coming; one minute their opposing team is passing the bass around 'casually' the next thing you know they are smashing a goal in through a through ball!

AjaxDeSuperYids 11 years ago
Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

i think 0-2 to Bayern at emirates and 4-1 to Bayern at AA

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

I don't think we stand a chance in hell if I'm honest but that doesn't mean I can't hope we pass the test. It is a common fallacy that you aren't a good fan if you don't blindly assume your team will always win. We have been granted rational thought and based on every metric available this Bayern team are far far superior to, let's be honest, probably the worst Arsenal team in the past 18 years. 
Still the beauty of football is that nothing is certain. If we are going to pull this off we are going to need to want it more than them and fight harder than we've fought at any point this season. Not impossible, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

To simply put it, you guys are screwed. They are still pissed at losing to Chelsea last year, so they probably will never think of the possibility of losing to another English club for a while. Plus, they really REALLY want a CL Trophy.

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

just wait until you face Xherdan Shaqiri - although there are many more talented players from Bayern, I bet my ass that Shaqiri will be one of the men that will slaughter Arsenal's defence. However, both teams rely heavily on attacking football, whilst their defence is their greatest weakness - this is going to be an interest match. Sorry, Gunners, but I'm gonna support Bayern Munchen for this one as I highlighted them as my other supporting club.

Zakzook 11 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

If we try to play counter attack I think we should do this:
RB: sagna
CB: Merte, Koscielny
LB: Vermaelan
CM: Arteta
CM Diaby
CM: Wilshere
CAM: Carzola
Shadow striker: Ox
ST: Podolski or preferablt Walcott
I think this will cover our weak defense and allow us to counter attack attack quickly with the likes of Carzola,Wilshere,Diaby, Oxlade, and Walcott
Diaby and Wilshere may not seem fast but they have driving power.

AjaxDeSuperYids 11 years ago
Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

^^^^ zooky im afraid just like your feyenoord this arsenal will fail horribly in europe

koldimere 11 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

@ajax if arsenal are that bad how are we in the round of 16 compared to the last champions?

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@koldimere because we got easy champions league group every year.
@Zakzook sorry bro i can't see Diaby in the battle for the champions league.

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

To stand a chance, Arsenal needs a balance. A terrific balance. Ans that's the midfield. Onlt them can assure great passes to strikers and defend counter-attacks. Hope they won't give shitty passes for GK, like they often do.

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

to stand a chance we need a miracle, better said right?

naman93 11 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

Though its an uphill task, but I want Arsenal to thrash Bayern Munich out of Champions League.

FYI : I like Arsenal's style and I respect Arsenal ( because my best friend is a  loyal Arsenal fan since 12 years )