Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arsenal under Emery
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

So, after seeing Arsenal vs City and Chelsea, I can officially say that I personally like them better now than when they played under Wenger. There is still problem though. For example, they really should focus on converting the occasion they create for themselve. They also need to keep the momentum when they got it going. But how do feel about their last two games and how they've been playing recently? Better than last season or not at all?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, after seeing Arsenal vs City and Chelsea, I can officially say that I personally like them better now than when they played under Wenger. There is still problem though. For example, they really should focus on converting the occasion they create for themselve. But how do feel about their last two game and how they've been playing recently? Better than last season or not at all?

Comments
quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

He wanted CL football and a better chance to win trophies, which he chose to do at United.

then why he didn't sign for City? $$

DannyZeek 6 years ago
5 31

A great weekend, not disappointed with the performance.

Things will take time to settle. I have a faith in Emery. He can make a good team.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I will be disappointed if Xhaka will start again..

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

quikzyyy

I guess he wanted 100% game time. For as good as he is, if he underperforms he has the pressure of Sane, who was having an excellent season. I guess he found Uniteds project interesting, and money reasons too I guess. But don’t I don’t agree with him going just for money, simply because United are an upgrade to Arsenal right now.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@amir Guys, we all know what happened. City didn't wanted to splash the cash to get Alexis, United was ready to do it. Thats all there is to it.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@amir Guys, we all know what happened. City didn't wanted to splash the cash to get Alexis, United was ready to do it. Thats all there is to it. Martial will propably leave in the winter btw. T_T

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

@emo right, pep also didn't really want him, city only looked like they want him because jesus was injured at the time. but nevertheless, I understand to why sanchez is leaving as much as van persie. but I couldn't understand why his option is only city or utd, when barca, psg and atletico could be more beneficial for him.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Cos no one was willing to pay him 400k/week, he ain't worth that much and everyone got that.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

City were actually going to pay him 300k a week but only in the summer, they had a performing team and Pep didn’t want the momentum to go, so it was safer to wait for the summer. They didn’t want to splash money yet because of potential morale issues and there may be this expectancy to take out Sane/Aguero in exchange, and it wasn’t that worth it. It was for United because they weren’t doing as good.

Your opinion on Alexis is the more popular one though for sure, but the way I see it, him and Van Persie were our 2 best players since Henry, and he always gave it his all, but he was let down by Arsenal sadly.

That being said, I’d rather look at the future than the past, I used to say let’s not talk too much about the great things we used to do, now I’m saying let’s not talk too much about our recent failings, hoping Emery does better this season.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

For what it's worth, it's good that you faced (and lost) against two top teams. It puts things into perspective and set benchmarks for areas you'll have to improve on and such.