Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arsenal title hopes
amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

So, it's that time again. Just the usual quick question annually. Does anyone feel Arsenal can win the league this season, or at the very least, compete for it?

From my viewpoint, we need to get 4 big signings complete.

1. Get Sanchez and Ozil and Chamberlain to sign new contracts.
  2. Lemar
  3. Any good CM to complement with Xhaka. I heard a lot about Seri to Arsenal, but I'm not too sure if he is any good, I'll have to hope he's good if he does come
  4. A new CB for the three at the back, but this priority should be the last. We still do need a new centre back.

These demands may be ridiculous, but our rivals are strengthening for insane positions, allowing them to have a lot of depth (City and United are good examples)

Thoughts, gunners/ rival fans?

Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Arsenal probably play the most attractive football of the big English teams, but their quality of players are a notch below what is required for domination. I think they still need a few more players to finish high. My guess is that Arsenal will probably finish between 3rd-5th, depending on how well United and Spurs perform.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

@amir,

1. Danilo is CDM and mainly a destroyer but that doesn't mean he can't control the ball or pass, in fact he is Dembele-type of dribbler (easy take-ons) and also can play long pass when it needs - although that is Xhaka's role.
  2. Elneny is b2b, different sort of player. I would defo keep Elneny in squad tho, great squad player.
  3. Ramsey would work in 3421, in 433/4231 I'd play Danilo (if they wanna play 3421 they need b2b like Goretzka or someone)
  4. Coquelin (if he was in-form) would be beast with Xhaka but... we saw how was he playing last season.

So basically conclusion: Ramsey is better in 3421 and Danilo would work better in 4231/433.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

An owner can't be changed unless he wants to sell, only few teams decide their president, and lost of them play in Spain.

DarthFooty 7 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Each year we all count these guys out, yet they make a run that causes pause in our picks. They have a solid team right now. Keep Ozil, Sanchez and others. Get Lemar as a bonus to the side and I can see them play for the top 5.

The bad part is, each year they also drop like stones and usually during critical times. Injuries hurt any team but several gunners are like made of glass.

Dare I say they can be in the top 4 or 5, but they can also finish 6 to 8. So hard to bet on this team.

amir_keal 7 years ago Edited

Croatian

Ramsey is the man for 3 4 2 1 :)

I hate Arsenal because they think its okay that I should suffer from their heart attacks. At least Giroud is that final ingredient to fix it all. We're still in the race, but only for another week.

Get the 4 signings done already ffs, we conceded 3 goals yesterday.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Croatian

Ramsey is the man for 3 4 2 1 :)

I hate Arsenal because they think its okay that I should suffer from their heart attacks. At least Giroud is that final ingredient to fix it all. We're still in the race, but only for another week.

OliveOil 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 0 1

I do not think Arsenal will win the title.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

@Amir, well you played 2 fullbacks in 3atb so I don't think there should be panicking. Although I'd rather play Chambers when Kolasinac is moved to CB.

And yes, buying a world-class CB should be option for next summer 100%.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I swear the rivaliry between Chelsea and United this year is gonna be bigger than that of United vs City or Liverpool

You really can't top Liverpool, although City has gotten close in terms of rivalry. Just because Chelsea have been more successful than United recently doesn't by itself make a must-win game.

I would happily finish a spot lower in the table if we got to annihilate Liverpool twice in a season. Don't really feel the same about Chelsea tbh.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Well boys, needless to say Arsenal is right now at the top of the table! :D

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Alex must be so pissed right now, I remember he was making banter back on the highlight page on the Arsenal-Leicester game. XD

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Huddersfield for the title!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Lol, true, they are top of the table at this moment. Didn't take a single goal and scored 3 in their first PL game. I think they will settle in quite nicely if they keep this up. :)

amir_keal 7 years ago

Croatian

That's true but Monreal has kinda become a CB nowadays. Also, I worry against teams like West Brom who are awesome at attacking set pieces. We don't really have anyone who can defend set pieces properly. Mustafi scores headers yes, but he never defends them. We need a world class proven CB with a strong air presence.

Also to people going off topic, look at the title. If you have nothing to say then don't comment. I dont care about how world class United is or how Chelsea is going to win Champions League or how Tottenham will win the quadruple. Go make another thread instead of going off topic on other threads..

Short, on topic threads > long off topic threads + fights

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Why Arsenal won't win the Title this season if they don't use the qualities of Lacazette, summed up by Henry:

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Quote from the game today " looks like these players don't even know eachother". " worst performance I've ever seen" "zero accountability and responsibility " maybe you guys should focus on Europa league ;)

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Arsenal won't win title because Wenger is still there.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golefty Ouch, those burns. :U

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

what focus on europa league? with this performance 19 teams in EPL would trash us.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@quickzyy sorry mate just some banter

was in response to something said on the Arsenal in Europa league thread

Idrc about Europa League tbh. If we win I will be happy, but we shouldn't focus on it. I dont want to finish 6th in the league to get champions league for sure.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

with wenger in charge we ain't winning either :D can't wait till he come some brilliant idea like playing Welbeck at CB against Bate Borisov..