Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arsenal Takeover Re-Visited...
Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

So, I was on twitter and people who know what's going on the club have CONFIRMED that the middle-Eastern consortium is, in fact, real and they do intend to make a formal bid to buy out the majority-shareholder's (Stan Kreonke) stake. 
Interestingly, rumours are that the ostracized minority shareholder Alisher Usmanov is actually working together with them. Direct quotes: "Hearing The consortium will be making a bid to buy out Kreonke and then Usmanov will join them. Usmanov will be the face of the club."

To add even a bit more spice to it, one of the members of the consortium is proported to be a Saudi prince, the grandchild of King AbdulAziz. Now, if all of this is true (which I cannot guarantee) than we are talking about multiple multi-billionaires JOINING FORCES... that freaks me out a bit.

Stan Kreonke isn't the kind of man that sells things he owns... especially Sports "franchises". The only way he'd let go is if these guys put in a stupidly astronomical bid that far exceeds the valuation of the club and even then, it might be difficult. However if they succeed, these are not the kind of men who would settle for second best and for better or worse (I'll leave that to you) the Arsenal we know will become unrecognizable.

Comments
quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

positive: -Kroenke out
              -cheaper tickets
              -new players
              -possible of winning trophy

negative: -Arsenal will loose probably a lot of fans
                -Arsenal will get probably spastic "fans"
                -we will be Ar$€nal
question: -will Wenger stay?
                -will we spend money wisely or like City?

GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

''We will be Ar$€nal'' Lmao! That killed me, haha.

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

As long as the current management remains I think arsenal will be in good hands. If Wegner had more cash he would bring talent to reinforce the team but he would also keep promoting youth. 

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

What, fans like this?

Seriously, watch it. It's hilariously bad. ;)

koldimere 11 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

Videos like this make me cringe. Gave me more goosebumps than "The Grudge".

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Stan Kroenke is committed to Arsenal for the long term and has no intention of selling his stake.

Till Kroenke will be here, we will have to wait for trophies probably.

Cavin11 11 years ago
Chelsea, United States 2 884

While arsenal got taken by another rich, they need to spend money more wisely. For this reason, I think wenger must stay at his team.