Arsenal summed up
quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

"team"
enter image description here

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian If you don't like a player from your team, sell him? I don't think the fan have that power. To be fair, however I agree it would be a shame, he is such a good player after all. I kind of wish he would play in a league where there is a bit more space so he could show more of his creativity. I still understand fan being angry at him but I think motivation is a problem the whole team are having, not only Ozil. Anyway Dynast, would you like to have Ozil back? And if yes, with whom would you rotate him (because let be sincere, I don't think he would take over either Kroos or Modric, maybe simply act as a solid back-up and rotation player for them)?

Jimbet 7 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

The moment kos was sub off, we were torn apart REAL HARD! kos mustafi pairing at the back was good but no so solid during the bayern game.. but the very least is its far more superior than when Gabriel came on the pitch.. so technically our defense it's not a joke.. ozil is lazy because our tactics for the bayern game was to DEFEND at all cost and try to run them down on counter.. that's why wenger line up fast paced players and ox with iwobi as wingers..

If we play the IF game, I simply believe that IF kos wasn't injured, the score would've been Bayern 2-1 Arsenal.. IF..

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Jimbet Fair analyse, Cech in goal might also have helped as well I think.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Jimbet Fair analyse, Cech in goal might also have helped I think.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Emo

No, we would never get Ozil back. It would be a huge waste of money. We already have the strongest midfield in the world, and our midfielders are all great offensive and defensive players. Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Isco... fantastic players. James is purely an offensive player, which is why he gets almost zero playing time. Ozil would get even less playing time than James if he came to Madrid.

And believe me, fans have the power to push players off the team. Ozil himself will want to leave after all the disrespect he's received from the Arsenal fan-base.

JuanMata10 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Of course it's not all Özil's fault, but if a player, who is deemed world class by so many people, disappoints on so many (big) occasions it's hard to still include him in that bracket. Obviously the outrage at a bad performance is going to be bigger in Özil's case than, say, in Coquelin's case, because Özil is a much better player.

Also, this just happened:
enter image description here

“National march for Alexis Sanchez to leave Arsenal”

The Chilean people are tired to see one of our stars working by himself so his team could move ahead. We don't want him to play for [Real] Madrid, nor return to Barcelona. The truth is that we don't give a [fun] where he would play, we just want to see him fighting alongside another 10 [players] to get results. No longer alone.

• History

Of course it's not all Özil's fault, but if a player, who is deemed world class by so many people, disappoints on so many (big) occasions it's hard to still include him in that bracket. Obviously the outrage at a bad performance is going to be bigger in Özil's case than, say, in Coquelin's case, because Özil is a much better player.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

To be honest Ozil was dreadful in defense but this trashtalk I mean the instant trashtalk players get in every defeat....

From he is better than Zizou to he is worse than Bendter.

Arsenal never had the quality for anything it is always the average Arsenal fan who will see few good games and start typing in all videos this is our YEAR! What exactly did Arsenal even do with transfers? Barcelona has Suarez, Madrid has Benzema,Morata, Chelsea has Diego, Manchester has Zlatan, City has Aguero and Jesus etc etc.

Who the fk is Perez? Just a decent striker in La Liga.
Who was Mustafi? A guy who couldnt defend when Valencia had and still has a crysis.
Gabriel ?

You get what you buy and in every position almost all BPL teams had higher or the same quality of player. The whole Arsenal team is rotten and lacks the attitude to be Champions.

Nowadays you cant even blame the fans, they are just sick of the ticket prices the below par performances and SERIOUSLY FIND SOMETHING like Henry, Bergkamp, Pires? Or at least something world class. Wenger biggest failure for me is the transfers and for me Wenger does not have the balls to say the board is not giving me money for transfers as long as they pay him. Both sides benefit by that, Wenger secures his family and the owner makes more money. The only real losers is BPL losing a GIANT that is now a shadow of its former self and the fans who get angry not because they can't win Bayern but because their players just bend over at the 16 phase and for a large part of the season in the league.

Also no BPL team actually has a HOT stadium with fans that will make other players shake. Even West Ham lost that with the new season. BPL are the 1st to BOO their players and last to cheer on them. On the other hand look Bayern fans, no fan would be afraid of them as tough but they cheer their team up even with huge speakers and stuff but you can still hear them chant for their team. Been years since I heard Arsenal cheering for their team. I only heard them when Cesc is playing for Chelsea.

I dont intend to trashtalk Arsenal or forum members but that is how I see it and I actually get angry watching players with no ego's and love only for the money BPL can give.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Perez started 8 times, scored 6 goals, assisted 6. The guy certainly deserves his chance. Did he get it? Nah, better start Iwobi who is without any form. Why on earth would you start Iwobi who has ZERO, ABSOLUTELY ZERO defence ability and you playagainst Bayern? This move is more than stupid.
Saying Mustafi couldn't defend? The guy is much better than you think.
Gabriel is piece of wood, true, same is Coquelin, Debuchy, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Ramsey and Sanogo.

What leaves me with question, you play against Bayern, Koscielny gets injured and Gibbs is captain. Seriously? In this club is everything wrong, starting with owner, continuing with manager..

rayrex7 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

What Ozil did was something normal. Most world class players tend to give up easily. That's why you see one-season wonders more often, lots of players nowadays have the potential to be the worlds best, but less than 1% put the effort and dedication to become the world's best. Yes Ozil was lazy during that game, we have seen that a lot, why? Because he knows that it won't be any different if he even defended. Coaches like Mourinho and Pep know what to do with these kind of players. They bench them, they do not care who he is, you dont work, than don't play.

Some coaches play the line-up that satisfies the fans mostly and some just play who they like.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Only way Ozil will be playing at his best is when he has great support from the defensive mid ( at Madrid it was Alonso and Khedira ) . He had defensive duties and Mourinho made him return to help defending but he was also comfortably all the way up in the attack knowing that he will get the ball back instead of going back trying to get it himself .

Ozil now plays with Conquelin and Xhaka .. in Germany he has Kroos and Khedira ..

I see the difference that good DM has made for Hazard after we bought Kante . He has more freedom to go forward and less defensive duties thus creates more , more energy and very effective that he passed entire Arsenals defense to score the goal ..

JozeMourinho 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@quikzyyy I just believe that Mustafi can be replaced by something better. Not implying he is terrible defender.
Compare Perez to the likes of Suarez. I dont find Perez bad but surely not as good as other strikers that top teams have. Arsenal could easily spend and buy a striker overpriced but surely better than Perez.

• History

@quikzyyy I just believe that Mustafi can be replaced by something better. Not implying he is terrible defender.
Compare Perez which I like I just dont find as good as other strikers. Arsenal could easily spend and buy a striker overpriced but surely better than Perez.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@quikzy, at least Arsenal is in a better position than Valencia. Arsenal has moments where they play really really well and score great goals the problem is that there is no real leaders in the team. Also, the squad depth is pretty terrible. I still dont understand why Wegner didnt start a traditional forward in place of Iwobi. I mean hes been good but you are up against Bayern, not Sunderland.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Joze I believe we should have signed Manolas, other way I don't see anyone better coming. But yes I agree with you with that and same with striker.

@Marcus Mourinho just benched him, something Wenger is not capable off. Anyone who is having bad games and don't give a f**k should be benched. If we would have lost against Bayern putting some kind of effort? I'm fine with that, they are better side. But when a midfielder thinking he is best on the world, wanting 250k+/week contract he should do something more than walking on the pitch for 3 matches straight. I don't want him to be 2nd Kante, but this is laughable. Of course he is not the only one, but when yours "star" player don't give a damn thing about the outcome of the games, the whole team mentality is going down, specially when you have no leader.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Another reason Wenger can't bench him is because Ozil knows he's either the best or second-best player on the Arsenal squad. They can't win consistently without him. Even if he is benched, he will eventually return to the starting lineup. This type of thing does not happen in world-class teams like Madrid or Barcelona. When Ronaldinho wasn't treating his career seriously, he got sold. Zlatan doesn't have the right attitude? Sold. There is a ruthlessness about the clubs. Look at how Conte is running Chelsea. Do you seriously think Conte will accept half-ass effort during a game? No, he will chew you out after the game if he thinks you're not working hard enough.

Just look at the example Zidane is making through James. He's literally telling everyone "I don't give a damn who you are, how much we paid for you, or what your salary is... if you don't work for the team, you don't play. Simple as that." It's not just that Wenger doesn't have the balls to bench Ozil, it's also that he can't. Ozil knows all too well that he will make it to the starting lineup eventually, whether it be by Wenger's own decision, Arsenal's failure to maintain form without him, or through pressure from the fans. If he had to compete with guys like Isco, James, Modric, Casemiro, and Kroos every day in training, maybe he'd work a little harder. But that is not the case with Arsenal. Not every player has the commendable "fighter" spirit like Alexis Sanchez.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Dynastian98

Yeah, and on top of that, we don't really have a good CAM currently. Who do we have that could potentially play there? I think Iwobi. Would you really play Iwobi when he has had 3 games at CAM in the Champions League round of 16 against Bayern? I get that Özil is under performing, but this is scapegoat business as I have said previously. And by the way, I've been hearing Ramsey to Madrid to 50 million, and considering Özil said he admired Zidane, it could happen, considering he probably won't get a contract. I have no choice but to blame 'fans' if Özil doesn't sign

Emobot7

Funny, because actually I have been preferring Ospina over Čech. Whilst he runs out his line quite a lot, sometimes he saves us conceding goals, especially in France against PSG. When Čech retires, we still have Wojech at Roma, so I'm not too worried about goalkeeper.

JuanMata10

Right about that, but I would prefer people to say Arsenal did not perform except from about 3 players, whilst not directing attacks at one person, and making videos worth 10 seconds of a player walking. If you really except a player to sprint for 90 minutes there's a problem. Even Sanchez doesn't do that. No footballer does.

JozeMourinho

You have to remember however we were still paying off debts off the stadium. On top of that, Henry was bought as a flop from Juventus, it was risky business, but he turned out to be the club's best player. When we bought Perez at thought, I said I didn't want to judge him at first although I thought it was a panic buy. I've seen Xhaka at Gladbach a few times, and in the euros, and I like his play a lot actually. I don't like him being so reckless at times, but in a few years, it will become a good buy,

raimondo90

Giroud has been ducking these types of games. Wenger made a huge error to take out Walcott IMO. Xhaka has been at Bundesliga, so he has the best feel of how to play Bayern, but instead of taking either OX or Coquelin, he went with Walcott. Not clever in my opinion.

Marcus2011

Don't forget the formation also helped out. I'd like us to take a gamble at like someone like Bakayoko. I feel he could be our new version of Viera. F*ck it, these deals can pay off. Look at Dembele at Dortmund.

Lodatz 7 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Just thought some Gooners here might be interested to see this.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Amir

Please dont get offended from what I say.

For years I listen in few years this player will be world class or a regular starter that will play an important role in our squads success. Well guess what? That never happened in Arsenals recent history. All their players left for a club with bigger ambition than Arsenals.
Players who stay are not enough to make an impact. Nasri, RVP, Sagna etc etc. All left to win a trophy so they can say they won something in their career besides a fat paycheck. Arsenals situations is pissing me off because rivals or not I don't take pleasure watching a club which I respect falling down to that level. I believe Arsenal needs someone to light up the flame and keep it alive. You see Ozil playing like a beast and now you see him barely jogging.

Yeah Arsenal won 2 FA cups so what? Where is the league title? A good run at UCL? All those are gone and slowly you are losing the top4 even. I would never imagine Arsenal to be beaten by Olympiacos at Emirates or just bend over year after year to Bayern and other top teams.

I believe Arsenal is doing 1 step in front and 2 steps behind each year.

By the way one of my friends is Arsenal and he loves Arsene he has autographs, a huge poster with the Invicibles season bla bla but even him right now wants him out. He is sick of wasting 2 months salary to get dissapointed at the UCL runs Arsenals manages to make.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Arsenal TV is embarrassing . I always put it on when I want to have a bit of laughter .

Although , I do disagree with Neville . For example about spending. I don't know exactly what is the net spent of Atletico Madrid but they do seem to always find right players for their club or perhaps Borussia Dortmund who btw doesn't rob their fans with high ticket prices and still delivers quality football for the joy of funs . Yes , spending more will bring success faster and will turn the club Into powerhouse in Europe but if Gary thinks that arsenals model is beautiful then how come they aren't even as Good as Dortmund . Maybe , it is time to spend when the brilliant scouts aren't bringing the right players into the club and manger keeps bringing average players then expecting them to play top football against machine like Bayern.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

JozeMourinho

For years I listen in few years this player will be world class or a regular starter that will play an important role in our squads success. Well guess what? That never happened in Arsenals recent history. All their players left for a club with bigger ambition than Arsenals.

There's a few reasons. Lack of money, not very good contracts and stadium issues, plus no trophies lead to the players leaving. However a lot of them were better at Arsenal. Look at Nasri at Arsenal vs now.

Players who stay are not enough to make an impact. Nasri, RVP, Sagna etc etc. All left to win a trophy so they can say they won something in their career besides a fat paycheck. Arsenals situations is pissing me off because rivals or not I don't take pleasure watching a club which I respect falling down to that level. I believe Arsenal needs someone to light up the flame and keep it alive. You see Ozil playing like a beast and now you see him barely jogging.

Trust me, it annoys the hell out of me too. Against Bournemouth we drew, and instead of looking how to improve or get 3 points Giroud done some pointless celebration and Gabriel ran into the crowd. Then the fans all over social media (even this website) call it a great comeback. It is these types of things that annoy me and make me wonder if we are even a big team. The club needs a really good psychologist that will get behind the players and at the same time be on their case constantly. Conte in fact serves that perfectly, look at his reaction to Kante not tracking back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z37SAkSpoZY There's Giroud's celebration on YouTube if you haven't seen it

Yeah Arsenal won 2 FA cups so what? Where is the league title? A good run at UCL? All those are gone and slowly you are losing the top4 even. I would never imagine Arsenal to be beaten by Olympiacos at Emirates or just bend over year after year to Bayern and other top teams.

Agreed. Quite saddening to me, hence why I really want changes to the club.

I believe Arsenal is doing 1 step in front and 2 steps behind each year.

I see where your coming from. Even though we have been rising, our points tally in the last three seasons have actually dropped. This season the points tally will be extremely high, so I'm not too confident. Despite that, I actually prefer this Arsenal to 2011/ 2012, when we had a pretty bad defense. Nowadays though, I agree.

By the way one of my friends is Arsenal and he loves Arsene he has autographs, a huge poster with the Invicibles season bla bla but even him right now wants him out. He is sick of wasting 2 months salary to get dissapointed at the UCL runs Arsenals manages to make.

As someone who comprehends the feelings to go to games, I too am annoyed of the expensive tickets ( highest in Europe) and not gaining anything out of it. I mean, the last time we won a league, Chelsea had one. Fast forward 2017, they have 5, Arsenal still have 13. Of course as a Chelsea fan I doubt you understand the frustration I go through, but I'm sure your friend here does.

Marcus2011

Arsenal TV is embarrassing . I always put it on when I want to have a bit of laughter .

With people like TY, of course.

Although , I do disagree with Neville . For example about spending. I don't know exactly what is the net spent of Atletico Madrid but they do seem to always find right players for their club or perhaps Borussia Dortmund who btw doesn't rob their fans with high ticket prices and still delivers quality football for the joy of funs . Yes , spending more will bring success faster and will turn the club Into powerhouse in Europe but if Gary thinks that arsenals model is beautiful then how come they aren't even as Good as Dortmund . Maybe , it is time to spend when the brilliant scouts aren't bringing the right players into the club and manger keeps bringing average players then expecting them to play top football against machine like Bayern.

Yeah, especially when we are buying players like Takuma Asano. Dembele was pretty hyped at France, but Asano? No. That's the difference.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Well for me everything started with Koscienly substitution at 1-1, 3 goals conceded in 14 minutes later....
What could be annoying in this kind of games is the lack of commitment after getting consecutive goals, lack of reaction that I thought Arsenal improved from making some nice comebacks lately, they remain fragile mentally...
Same for Barca what used be their strength, mental and never panic while conceding has turned to be their weakness lately...
This kind of matters need coach replacement even if it's not his fault, in Enrique's case it is. A dynamic change is necessary.
Getting hammered by Bayern is not a shocking result, in a good day they are able to do this to many teams...

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Shocking result? No

Shocking performance? Yes