Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arsenal Sign Lukas Podolski For £11m
GunnerAFC 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

Lukas Podolski insists he is joining Arsenal to play at the highest level of European football.

The German striker agreed to sign for the Gunners in a £11million deal earlier this season but the transfer has now been officially confirmed by his current club Cologne.

Podolski said: 'The move to Arsenal provides a great opportunity for me to gain experience in international competitions at a top European club. I have made this decision not against Cologne but for this great opportunity and the good of my own individual development. This was not an easy decision for me at all, as Cologne, our fans and the city are something special for me. I will always carry Cologne in my heart. We need to pool our strengths now and have to be fully focused on our survival in the Bundesliga.'

Podolski's contract was due to expire next year and Arsenal acted quickly to wrap up his signature before the summer.

Cologne chief executive Claus Horstmann said: 'Lukas Podolski is a player of world class standing with a special relation to FC Cologne's fans and to the city.

I'm delighted with this signing! How do my fellow gooners feel about this? And anyone else who is interested in this report.

Comments
awais007 12 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

He is a great German player .............i want him in premier league but he went to our rival team so we will enjoy his game