Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arsenal set to sign Olivier Giroud for £12m from Montpellier
GunnerAFC 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

The Gunners are expected to confirm the 25-year-old's arrival this week.

Manager Arsene Wenger intends to play him alongside fellow new signing Lukas Podolski and Dutch striker Robin van Persie in a front three.

What are your thoughts my friends? I'll personally be very happy if Arsenal do sign Giroud. I think he's a good striker and will do well in the EPL to be honest.

This is what Giroud is capable of doing. 

And yes, I know, YouTube clips can even make Nicklas Bendtner look good, but this is really good stuff from Giroud.

Comments
DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

He is a good forward..
but don't you think that you already have many forwards?

VanTheMan 12 years ago
Arsenal 5 263

i think chamakh was part of the deal for giroud.. it this rumour is true and wenger do play those three upfront at the same time, it's gonna be a left footed trio shot massacre from arsenal.. =D

GunnerAFC 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

Hopefully we offload Chamakh, Bendtner & Park. That will trim things down a bit.

GunnerGo 12 years ago
Arsenal, Venezuela 13 345

I'm really excited about the arrival of this player, i hope we sign him.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

This sounds like a great purchase but I remain cautiously optimistic. I know that we need a good striker for the inevitable departures of Vela, Bendtner, Park, AA, & Chamakh  but I have my doubts about what this means for the future.  Playing 3 strikers (Podolski, Giroud, & RVP) up front without any naturally pacy wingers doesn't sound like Wenger. Someone's gotta sit out or go. I don't see any of those 3 as substitute material. Does this mean the writing's on the wall for our captain?  I suppose you could play Podolski on the left, Griroud as the CF, and Theo/forehead/AOC on the Right with RVP as the false 9/attacking mid.  That sounds freaking SCARY and I hope this is the plan but do you think RVP would want to give up his spot as a CF after he excelled so well in it last year? Also, what will Theo have to make of this? Would he be willing to possibly rotate more? Also doesn't look like he's gonna get his chance as a striker. How do you think he'll feel about that?

In the end, I think if Giroud comes, RVP +/- Theo will be on their way.  I hope I'm wrong and that badass formation I postulated will be our set-up next year. But I remain wary as ever when it comes to Arsenal and transfers.  What do you all think? Can anyone help ease my fears or are you thinking the same?  Please, let me know....

GunnerGo 12 years ago
Arsenal, Venezuela 13 345

@Footaholic for me the line-up you gave to us is the best that we can have with these players "coming", and i think that RVP will have to give up his spot, it's for the greater good in the end and he have to understand that. I have never and probably will never see Walcott playing as a striker, i like him most playing in the wing and i guess that Wenger doesn't want him in that role neither.

I had an opinion like yours, i was thinking that if Giroud comes, then RVP would leave, but hope i'm wrong too. Anyway, if we keep or don't RVP we should sign Giroud, period.

VanTheMan 12 years ago
Arsenal 5 263

let's hope that when giroud comes, he'll replace chamakh with not needing RVP to leave Arsenal.. In Arsene We Trust..

Tuanis 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Last 2 signings from the Ligue 1 were not that successful at Arsenal... Gervinho and Chamakh never got to play in their full form

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@Tuanis: That's a bit harsh on Gervinho. It was his first year in the prem and the French usually take a while to adapt b/c the style of their league is quite different.  He did show sporadic signs of quality and I think I'll hold out some hope for him yet. A bit premature to write him off.

Manshitty_are_shit 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

Sorry to say it but I see no promise in Gervinho , I want him to do well and he had a good run in the team but IDK.

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

OK, it could be a good option, but like Manchester United, you think you can buy all players!? You've got podolski, gervinho ... just play them first, just let them have game time, then you do analysis.

quikzyyy 12 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Arsenal today confirmed it! Olivier Giroud agrees deal to join Arsenal. more informations on Arsenal website.

mladen 12 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

average player