Group H

Arsenal
Bate Borisov
Köln
Crvena Zvezda

Arsenal record vs these teams:

Köln 1 win (2:1) 1 loss (1:0) - 1971
Crvena Zvezda 1 draw (1:1) 1 loss (1:0) - 1978

Among the Red Star fans it's still remembered the game where Red Star kicked out Arsenal from Europe, where they describe total silence in London after their team scored a goal, the player that scored is known to be the first player that fans used to chant his full name, meaning first and last name xD

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Arsenal coefficient 105.192 - highest of all teams in the Europa League

Group H

Arsenal
Bate Borisov
Köln
Crvena Zvezda

Arsenal record vs these teams:

Köln 1 win (2:1) 1 loss (1:0) - 1971
Crvena Zvezda 1 draw (1:1) 1 loss (1:0) - 1978

Among the Red Star fans it's stil remembered the game where Red Star kicked out Arsenal from Europe, where they describe total silence in London after their team scored a goal, the player that scored is known to be the first player that fans used to chant his full name, meaning first and last name xD

Comments
quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

won't be easy, Bate isn't that bad and Zvezda playing at home is always scary.. At least the matches are somehow at central europe and not very long flights.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Hopefully, Arsenal can top their group and have a easier opponent in the knockout phase. That or somehow, Bayern or Real will finish third in CL and Arsenal will have to play them. XD

amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Idrc about Europa League tbh. If we win I will be happy, but we shouldn't focus on it. I dont want to finish 6th in the league to get champions league for sure.

Then again February/March we will lose, no need to hope for new stuff.

• History

Idrc about Europa League tbh. If we win I will be happy. I dont want to finish 6th in the league to get champions league though.

Then again February/March we will lose.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Arsenal should win this tournament. Any case of an elimination it is a failure. Remember Championship means UCL. They have the quality to win it.

Edit: Why do I say this? Because even ManU won it last year. If they focus on it and fail to win then no explanation. But if they just don't care, it means you are sure you'll be getting into top3.

• History

Arsenal should win this tournament. Any case of an elimination it is a failure. Remember Championship means UCL. They have the quality to win it.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Emre Disagree with you, while its true Arsenal can be good contender for the EL title, its still a very hard competition and I wouldn't be suprised that even some of the top team in a the world could fail to win it. All it take is a single mistake from the manager, a single bad call from a ref and since there is more game than in CL, its even more likely than one of those thing happen. Thats why I consider it to be nearly as hard as CL.

• History

@Emre Disagree with you, while its true Arsenal can be good contender for the EL title, its still a very hard competition and I wouldn't be suprised that even some of the top team in a the world could fail to win it. All it take is a single mistake from the manager, a single bad call from a ref and since there is more game than in CL, its even more likely than one of those thing happen. Thats why I consider it to nearly as hard as CL.

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

When the third placed teams in the CL groups come into the EL, then things will get interesting, but I think Arsenal might as well go all in for the EL unless they know they're going to finish in the top four. I'd rather win the EL and come sixth or lower in the league than finish fifth in the league.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

finishing fifth or lower will be huge disappointment even if we manage to win EL. Don't forget Arsenal is a club which likes to choke, specially to "not that good" teams.

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Perhaps, but I think Arsenal have a greater chance of winning the EL than finishing in the top four.

nandaYNWA 7 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

itll be interesting to see if arsenal go for the prem or for the EL exclusively. i mean, considering sanchez, ramsey, ozil, ox, wilshire, carzola and others contracts expire at the end of the season, id expect them to go for the prem and not care at all about the EL

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

@Emo Agreed, there are a lot of weak teams in group stage, and the couple next stages but at some point it's likely they might end up going against the likes of Milan, Everton, Lyon, Lazio, Zenit, Villareal or some CL 3rds like maybe Roma, Tottenham/Borussia Dortmund. And I'm not so sure if Arsenal are up for it.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Wenger said he is focusing in league, but hey, he has said a lot of things...

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Zvezda and BATE will be tricky fixtures, Koln will be hard for them. Overall they will pass but not easily.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Gonna meet you later in the competition ;)

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

3:1 win after being behind 1:0 is a relief, the other match was 1:1 so it all goes in favor for Arsenal that rested alot of players.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo So refreshing to see a Chelsea fan who respect Arsenal. :D By the way Golazo, want me to modify your pofile pic so it doesn't stretch as much?

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

I think the possibility of borussia Dortmund dropping into EL could cause some problems for arsenal

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@nigel Indeed, though it could be interesting if Spurs were to drop there and play Arsenal later in the competition. A derby for a semi-final or a final would be sweet. :D

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I don't wanna play Tottenham tbh. They'd beat us right now, first time in many decades they are better than us. Hate to admit this so much but it's true.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Arsenal doing well in the group, another win while Köln now has 2 loses after they lost at home.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Oh look Köln had a game at home and...Red star fans didn't come by 20 000 people with no tickets, crazy right, everything in order at home and all...dont want to wake up mamma Merkel during her nappy time...