Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arsenal have began preparing for relegation
TheRecapGuy 3 years ago
28 71

Arsenal Doomsday Plan for Relegation Revealed

Christmas is all about fun, so let’s kick off with a quiz question: who, along with Arsenal, are the only sides never to be relegated from the Premier League? Answer to follow.

What doesn’t bring quite as much joy is the state of Arsenal Football Club. A prestigious outfit revered in many corners of the globe for their classy, elegant demeanour to go hand-in-hand with a style of football cherished by lovers of the beautiful game.

So much of the latter no longer holds weight.

14 matches into the 2020/21 Premier League season, and a once foreign concept has now morphed from background mumbling into fully audible conversation: the fear of relegation. Who’d ever have thought.

Relegation clauses are a common feature in the contracts of players tied to clubs needing contingency plans to prepare for the worst. Usually, these include newly promoted sides and those whose futures in the top-flight are always at risk. Not top six clubs. Not Arsenal.

Revealed by the Daily Mail, Arsenal have followed suit.

Indeed, it appears talk of dropping into the second tier has seeped into the minds of the hierarchy, who’ve included pay-cut clauses into player deals. If the unthinkable were to occur, those in red and white would face a 25% reduction on their salaries.

Whether this applies to all members of the squad or not isn’t known, but ‘numerous’ squad members would be impacted. Some may even be hit with bigger cuts.

It’s no secret that Arsenal are partial to dishing out hefty wages for players, a practice they became most known for with the £350k-per-week salary handed out to Mesut Ozil in January 2018.

The German’s impressive wage packet accounts for a large part of the eye-watering £150m the Gunners shell out every year to their squad. He’s since been caught up by Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who earns a similar figure having penned a new long-term contract back in September.

Willian earns a basic salary of £100k-per-week, although bonuses and other clauses see that figure rise considerably.

Lots of players, earning lots of money, facing the prospect of not only have their reputations tarnished, but their wages slashed. Arsenal have planned for doomsday.

Are they jumping the gun, or is this a worrying acceptance of their increasingly weakening status as a once prized institution?

Comments
Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

The trash fanbase deserve relegation for allowing the club to lower their standards to top 4 as a trophy and now to trusting the process ignoring our relegation form. I think Arteta has done too much damage for us to stay in the league, I see it as comparable to a miracle if we avoid relegation. I'm trying to no longer be an Arsenal fan at this point but its a struggle.

The trash fanbase deserve relegation for allowing the club to lower their standards to top 4 as a trophy and now to trusting the process ignoring our relegation form. I think Arteta has done too much damage for us to stay in the league, I see it as comparable to a miracle if we avoid relegation even if we sack him now. I'm trying to no longer be an Arsenal fan at this point but its a struggle.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

I don't expect Arsenal to get relegated, but 2020 has been an insane year with 2021 not looking so great at the start. It's crazy to see them struggle as they have, but I think they will stay up.

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Arteta needs to go, and can take half of the squad with him.

People saying "trust the process" what process? If this was a process was a process we would play our youngsters like Martinelli, Maitland-Niles, Saka, Smith Rowe, Nketiah, Willock, Balogun, Nelson, Azeez or Saliba. We spend 30 million on a defender who was apparently better than Fofana, yet Fofana is comfortably playing in Leicester squad being absolute unite and this clown Arteta won't eve include him in the squad instead he plays Kolasinac & Mustafi. Absolute joke of the EPL, worst football in the league, not sure how he still has a job.

expertfootball11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Yep Arteta is clueless, time to go. Bring an experienced coach