Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

ARSENAL FANS REACT TO WHAT OZIL HAS TWEETED ABOUT ARTETA
PetrCech 3 years ago
Chelsea, Czech Republic 4 51

Mesut Ozil has taken quite a swipe at Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta on Twitter, after the 5-0 defeat by Manchester City.

Shockingly, Arsenal are rock bottom of the Premier League table after three games following Saturday’s demolition by City at the Etihad Stadium.

The Gunners haven’t scored once but have conceded nine in their opening three matches so far.

Arteta’s job is under serious threat and failing to beat newly-promoted Norwich City at the Emirates Stadium in two weeks, after the international break, may well spell the end for the Spaniard.

The 39-year-old coach fell out with Ozil at Arsenal and didn’t even include him in his Premier League or Europa League squad last season, before the playmaker had his contract terminated in January.

Arteta’s catchphrase since becoming the Gunners’ head coach in December of 2019 has been ‘trust the process’ – and here’s what Ozil tweeted out after Saturday’s defeat.

BACKLASH

It’s quite a witty and cheeky dig by the former Germany international, who joined Fenerbahce in Turkey a little earlier this year.

But Ozil wasn’t exactly Mr Popular himself among Arsenal fans, having received £350,000 per week for doing very little, and many have sided with Arteta in response to his dig on social media.

Here’s how some supporters responded:

Comments
DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Not sure Ozil is worried about what the Gunners and their fans think of him. From my perspective, he was done dirty at the club and made to be the villain while there. I do believe in karma though, so if he was the villain and he is talking trash, it will come full circle eventually.

The Gunners have bigger things to worry about right now anyways....

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Well, as one who alway liked Ozil, this one a mixed one. On one hand, his final time at Arsenal were pretty rough and he especially must have not liked how he was treated by Arteta but on the other, I thought he had a bit more class than this.

All in all though, I don't see it as a dig against Arsenal as a whole but more against Arteta. Heck, there plenty of fans who want Arteta out already, don't see why Ozil couldn't be part of those as well.

expertfootball11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Arsenal fans just need a reason to get mad. What Ozil is nothing out of the ordinary, he is just criticizing his former club that brought him to rock bottom level. Who else did never talk trash about his previous job? Everyone does that.

Marcus2011 3 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Arsenal officially has long become complete joke of a club and their fans growing to become even bigger joke. Their reaction is beyond childish.. and somewhat remind me early signs of mental retardation.
like wtf is wrong with that club. It became "US of America" like club within EPL.

Idiot owner, idiot coach and idiot fans. Very goood. Am i being harsh? Maybe but damn it almost every other fan literally can agree on this in silence.

Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

It looks like Ozil's just revealing what the players think. I believe they are playing below their standards just like with emery. They don't believe in Arteta. They are good enough to challenge for top 4 but people are making impulsive judgements allowing their emotions to cloud their judgement.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It looks like Ozil's just revealing what the players think. I believe they are playing below their standards just like with emery. They don't believe in Arteta. They are good enough to challenge for top 4

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@Footy Well, maybe not top 4 with how stacked the top dogs are but they should be targeting for an european place at the very least. Not sure Arteta can even guarantee that.

uncle_touchy 3 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 123

Arsenal are 3 games in without any goals.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@uncle Not only they didn't score a goals, but they really didn't looked like they might score one in any of those games.

uncle_touchy 3 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 123

@ emo things are going to get hard for Arteta if he doesn't starting wining league games. Let's see if they recover after the international break. I know Arsenal fans wanted Conte in before the deadline and now that looks unlikely.