Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arsenal fan rant
quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

List of 13 games out of the 33 played that have had major decisions against us:

1. Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal: Mane dropping a suplex on Tierney, no foul. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrawaqVMe3w
  2. Arsenal 2-1 Sheffield Utd: Berge awful tackle on Auba, no foul. https://twitter.com/WengerDein/status/1312749980860518410 Aubameyang through on an open goal, referee blows early. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZXxHNalQ6w&t=531s
  3. Man City 1-0 Arsenal: Kyle Walker high foot in the penalty box, no foul. enter image description here
  4. Leeds 0-0 Arsenal: Liam Cooper blatant handball in box not given. enter image description here
  5. Arsenal 0-1 Leicester: Lacazette goal disallowed because Xhaka's supermodel looks 'distracted' the goalie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4c-2_ngwes&t=12s
  6. Arsenal 0-0 Man Utd: Bruno doing a Daniel-san crane kick on Xhaka from behind, no foul.enter image description here
  7. Wolves 2-1 Arsenal: David Luiz sent off + pen awarded for running with scissors. Bednarek with a similar red card overturned the same weekend. enter image description here
  8. Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Konsa last man foul on Saka, no red. enter image description here Emi dragging Laca down by his shirt, foul in Aston Villa's favour. enter image description here
  9. Arsenal 4-2 Leeds: Penalty for Saka overturned for no reason. enter image description here
  10. Burnley 1-1 Arsenal: Erik Pieters stonewall handball not given despite VAR check.enter image description here
  11. West Ham 3-3 Arsenal: West Ham 2nd goal from a free kick taken nowhere near the foul and ref was busy talking to Arsenal players so it should have been called back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhYeVXpdlkQ&t=161s
  12. Arsenal 1-1 Fulham: Goal disallowed for Saka ‘offside’.enter image description here Lemina dive given as penalty following equally questionable onside decision and less than a minute after a Fulham dive prevented Martinelli + Lacazette being through on goal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgxxm-omrrA&t=65s
  13. Arsenal 0-1 Everton: Arsenal given pen for Ceballos ‘foul’ like Lemina. Overturned by VAR for an atrocious offside call. | Holgate not given red card for awful lunge into Pepe’s shin. enter image description here
Comments
Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

I'm interested to see if the fans will force arteta out when they can go in the stadium again

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@emobot he hasn't given enough playing time to the youngsters. All he did was play the obvious youngsters who already proved themselves under emery. He made so many changes to the starting line up even when a player was on form he benched them the next game or played them in a different position. He failed to see that saka was the 9bvious choice to play LB when Tierney was injured and that played a major role in our europa league exit. There are too many mistakes to remember

tiki_taka 3 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Once Mourinho Saïd about Messi that he was the real count of the game, the context was that all Madrid squad thought that Cristiano was arrogant and it was a communication who was not really wrong. Even dudek second GK said messi told Ramos and Pepe things that we cant figure he could say it...

That was In an era where mascerano puyol Alves was there and at the end of the game 3-1 for barca away, so yes we were in an era when when we played the game very well and players got the flair to provoke penalty kicks while fouled that's part of the game now we have pedri dembele who gets fouled for fun but can't find a contact and at the end we are in relegation zone of PJ's provoked on fouls...

At the end of players have enough flair refs will whistle, arsenal board owner and players don't do what they need to do, for years And probably got an impact...

It's easier to whistle a pk against arsenal in the 89 th minute of a game than to City or United, it's a game of communication of tricks of many things, you cannot do shit outside the pitch and think everything will get fixed on the pitch, and you should have enough players to avoid useless calls and provoke crucial fouls... Word flair gets its meaning from there.

Instead of blaming FA blame your owner, I remember the time Tony Adams captain of the tree lions could foul all the game and still end up without any booking, because he was Tony Adams...

Arsenal lost its mark, in standing at the moment, in players, not sure it's only FA fault my point is harsh but the problem is internal not external and maybe the external is related to the internal...

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

You got your point, fully agree with it. The whole revolution about FA & Arsenal started with Wenger who changed whole English Premier League once and for all. Lot younger fans don't know about it and only remember last years of Wenger when he was defined as a failure. Barely anyone knows how he was the one to bring proper nutrition instead of having 10 beers & sausages before match, he sat new standards for this game, globalized it by developing players. However how it looks when some French guy with complete foreign squad dominates your English league? As you said it's easy to blow a penalty against Arsenal in 89' cos you know you can. Trying this at Old Trafford against Fergie? Ain't gonna happen.

tiki_taka 3 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Wenger's arsenal played one of the best football of history in Highbury... This stadium was magic...

I think Wenger should have put more pressure on direction to give him transfer budget and keep their players...

I agree with you, whistling against arsenal always been easy, you have the reputation of a nice club and it's easier.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

@tiki That kinda remind that since Wenger been fired, their manager have alway been relatively nice guy figure. Suck to say but maybe they should bring someone who's a bit more temperamental.

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I'd take Mou in a heartbeat

Footy_watch 3 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

Mourinho? Never. I'm looking for a ruthless manager who makes us play entertaining football

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

We didn't play entertaining football for years, might as well get manager who put these players in line.

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

How is this not a red card? Of course he scores afterwards, this league is absolute joke, honestly if I was owner I’d sue these refs, it’s more pathetic than our performance.

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

and referee gave yellow to Elneny for this, corrupted piece of shit.

Footy_watch 3 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

The early studs on Chambers's ankle was a clear red card. The benteke one was just below the face and didn't have much force so yellow seems correct.

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Not a red card because apparently it was too early in the gameenter image description here

Aubameyang red card from last season without
hesitation enter image description here

Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11426

Yeah, the major problem is lack of consistency from the ref. Referee need to understand they all need to go in the same direction unless they want us to think they are taking side. Right now, its feel the ref are being especially harsh on Arsenal. Harsher than other teams at time...

• History

Yeah, the major problem is lack of consistency from the ref. Referee need to understand they all need to go in the same direction unless they want us to think they are taking side. Right now, its feel the ref are being especially harsh on Arsenal.

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

There's just one red card in this picture, can you guess which one?
enter image description here

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

I would say Red for at least 4, 5 if I got to see more of the play. My guess is the Red you are going to say is from the bottom right though. haha

Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

I think the english referees are just corrupt because you can't be that bad so I'm never surprised at the decisions. The Arnold one looks like the worst challenge.

But I know the wolves one was a red and we had our best first half of the season in that game until the referee made it an easier game for wolves with the incorrect red and penalty decision.

• History

I think the english referees are just corrupt because you can't be that bad so I'm never surprised at the decisions. The Arnold one looks like the worst challenge

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

There's just one red card in this picture, can you guess which one?

Wish someone asked this to the FA.

Anyway, I seen some people talking about corruption here but the problem with this theory is normally, if the ref had been buyed by a team, wouldn't it be to give advantageous call to that specific team or bad call against their direct opponent?

What I'm trying to say, is basically, Arsenal wouldn't be the only team to have call like that unless your telling me all of those team are buying the ref off specifically when playing them (and not against other teams).

I mean, I don't see the big teams having to waste money for that considering Arsenal ain't a serious rival anymore (no harm meant) and it feel unlikely that a smaller team like Wolves or Crystal Palace would have access to that kind of practice.

I mean, it might be some other source doing that but you'd have to really have a lot of money to waste and have a lot of hate for Arsenal to pay numerous refs to screw over Arsenal whole seasons.

Nah, it feel more to me like theres a referee culture of Arsenal being an acceptable target to make bad calls against, no idea why that would be a thing though, other than what tiki discussed earlier. :(

DarthFooty 3 years ago

Something to factor in, because I don't want to call all Refs corrupt or bad, is you have a live-action game and need to consider a few things.

1. How does the Ref interpret the incident?
  2. How does the Ref understand the "rule"?
  3. How well did the Ref see the incident him/herself?
  4. How well is the communication amongst the Reffing crew to discuss and rule on the incident?
  5. How well is VAR doing its job? (Much bigger topic for another thread)

Now, after all that, you factor in the players and coaches. Some players cry foul no matter the type of contact and scream at the Ref constantly. Some coaches are also in the Refs ear about everything. You also have players looking to deceive the Ref.

At some point, you stop believing the "crying wolf" almost as a punishment for their behaviors. Not saying Arsenal are the ones doing the diving or crying, so don't get twisted. :P

I can't stand when teams mob the Ref and I wish all players aside from the team's designated capt get carded for rushing the Ref for a call.

All that said, with modern technology and the supposed quality of education and level of today's referees, calls like the ones posted should be pretty easy to get right.

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

How does the Ref interpret the incident?

I wish they would do same thing as NFL, you hear what referees are saying and explaining the decision.

How does the Ref understand the "rule"?

If referee don't understand the rules, he shouldn't be referee in most popular league in the world. In any other job if you don't understand those you get sacked

How well did the Ref see the incident him/herself?

That's not an excuse, there's VAR, and specially he can use the monitor on the sideline if he is not sure.

How well is the communication amongst the Reffing crew to discuss and rule on the incident?

See reply number 1, put those refs on mic.

How well is VAR doing its job? (Much bigger topic for another thread)

I watch probably every single top league which includes VAR, no one of these seems to have as much incompetent referees as PL. My main point is: you have rules, you have VAR, you have 2 exactly same incidents, yet both of the decisions are completely different!

DarthFooty 3 years ago

@quikzyyy I completely agree, but we both know that is not how it goes. haha The Ref can overrule VAR, they can see a rule differently than many others, and thus just make things that much more difficult.

I know they have the training, a committee, have to be licensed, and get tested, so I fully expect them to be the best in their positions, especially for the EPL

It's hard to not think its a payoff or some type of collusion when you see calls made in these ways, so I dont blame anyone arguing against it.