Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Argentine footballer Michael Favre dies in tragic circumstances
Gennady 8 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Michael Favre, a 24-year-old footballer from Argentina, has died after two blows to the head during a match.

The terrible scenes unfolded as Favre turned out for Club San Jorge de Villa Elisa against Defensores de Colon in a provincial match in Entre Rios.

Favre fell to the turf while chasing a ball alongside opponent Geronimo Quintana, and as Favre tripped Quintana "accidentally" caught him in the head with his knee.

The player got to his feet and reacted angrily, at which point a Defensores player ran in and appeared to hit Favre with his arm, sending him to the ground once again.

Favre, a father of two, again regained his feet but this time was clearly struggling. He was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival. The Argentine FA released a statement expressing "deep sorrow" for the player's death and expressing support for his bereaved family.

I highly doubt that the first kick to the head was accidental. Those two players who hit him should be criminally charged for murder. Very sad.

R.I.P.

Comments
quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Man, I think the first time, it was pure accident. No intention.
The second thing, I may look dumb but, he has barely touched him. He wanted to add more acting to it, and fell right on his head which was deadly for him..
Rest in piece anyways..

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

It looks like he fell on his own head. First knock looked accidental and the second one barely touched him. RIP, but it looks to me that he killed himself by accident.