Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Argentina win Copa America 2021
Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

Dayum!!! At last, Messi and Argentina finally win a major international trophy, happy for them.

Especially Messi, he's been working hard and giving it is all for it for a long time. Even if he wasn't the best player in the final, he was super important all tournament long and he's been that key player that made the difference so many times in the past for Argentina, bringing far into so many tournaments. Congrats to him and congrats to Argentina.

Also, what a goal that was from Angel Di Maria, if you haven't seen it yet, go and see it.

Comments
DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

Di Maria's goal was NIICE! Congrats to Argentina.

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Messi, De Paul, Martinez, amazing performances this Copa America.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

@quikzyyy True that, big performance by De Paul (his pass for Di Maria goal is a thing of beauty) and Martinez (how come he is still so underated, top keeper for me) in that final among other games.

Footy_watch 3 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

It's incredible the number of times Argentina has choked a final. It was one of the worst finals I've watched but they finally did it

tuan_jinn 3 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I have never seen so many supporters, experts, opponents, rivalries who rooted for one player to win a national trophy like what they did with Messi.

His reaction was so emotional.

The final, the team step up when he was tired and pain, this is missed in all other competitions before. I saw players, ran to hug him showed how much respect they have for their captain and how much the country appreciated what Messi has done until that minutes.

The bleeding leg, where he cruired the team to the final would be the long lasting image of his love for his country, noone there will doubt it anymore (even uses as excuses).

75% contribution to team goals, 4 goals and 5 assists. full minutes played, with bleeding legs. Golden boot, best player, top scorer, top assist. Hat off to Messi

Congratz to him and Argentina, and all the players.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

Such contrasting styles between the two tournaments and if you didn't know the regional differences, the casual viewer would have said the Copa was terrible compared to the Euro. The final had blood enemies facing off to claim continental dominance, so of course, it was going to be a rough match. Add in that the tournament was late moved from Argentina to their hated rival Brazil and you add more fuel to that already huge fire.

The match was ugly at times. The flow was always interrupted with a determined foul and subsequent 4 rolls for injury effect. Neymar is well known for his acting skills and Argentina has some pretty good embellishers themselves.

Argentina's goal was very nice! A long-through ball that the Brazilian defender missed touching for clearance sent Di Maria through. His great touch put him in the shooter's favor and with the keeper rushing out, it begged the chip which Di Maria was all too happy to oblige.

Brazil turned it up, but never really tested the goal with really quality chances. Sure you saw narrow missed and punched saves, but it was always just wide, or just too close to the keeper.

Aside from the US, Brazil has been my favorite national team since I was about 15 years old. The way they play, the passion, the joy, the flair, it was always entertaining and they have had some legendary players over the years.

For me to be happy for Messi feels odd, but that is only because of his national colors. It's a bitter taste, but I am happy Messi finally has a major title with Argentina. How many runner up's do you get in a lifetime, heck how many opportunities to get to a final do you get?

Grats to Messi and to Argentina!

tuan_jinn 3 years ago Edited

Agreed! In general I rate European Champ a lot higher in various areas than Copa America.

But I gotta admit, there is NO easy match in South American football, most of the teams there can actually play insanely good. Just the style and refs sometimes can be very ugly.

While in Europe, until the European Championship, the qualification is a joke, with teams (that has accountant, hair dresser etc...), for some stars bag goals for funs, I felt asleep in most matches....

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Agreed! In general I rate European Champ a lot higher in various areas than Copa America.

But I gotta admit, there is NO easy match in South American football, most of the teams there can actually play insanely good. While in Europe, until the European Championship, the qualification is a joke, with teams for some stars bag goals for funs, I felt asleep in most matches....

amir_keal 3 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

🐐 does it again

Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11426

@DarthFooty Great stuff you written there. As for Messi, its incredible to say but even if your are one of those who like him less or even dislike him, you cannot feel completely bad about that results, I think its just impossible.

• History

@DarthFooty Great stuff there. As for Messi, its incredible to say but even if your are one of those who like him less or even dislike him, you cannot feel completely bad about that results, I think its just impossible.

tiki_taka 3 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

In 50 years they will say there was 2 players in the start of the century, but we all witnessed both and we all know there was no match for me at least... 😉 Respect the stats of both tho...enter image description here

Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

No

• History

Don't know why you have the stats of 2 players who weren't established at the start of the century. There were much better players at the start of the century.

Don't know why you have the stats of 2 players who weren't established at the start of the century. There were much better players at the start of the century; R9 Henry Ronaldinho Adriano etc

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

@Tiki Tbf, I think it would be better to compare Messi 2021 Copa with Ronaldo 2016 Euro since its the competition in which they both win it.

Still, its freaking insane how versatile Messi is, we don't talk about one man army that much in football but in term of attacking and of creativity, Messi is in a class apart all of his own.

tuan_jinn 3 years ago Edited

Ronaldo 2016 had 1,5 good match, in the quarter final :D, Portugal was defensive, crawled through the stage group (3rd), Ronaldo didn't play the final unfortunately. it's better not compared because troll will just trash down Ronaldo....

That stats of Messi was just unbelievable in all levels

• History

Ronaldo 2016 had 1 good match :D, Portugal was defensive, crawled through the stage group (3rd), Ronaldo didn't play the final unfortunately. it's better not compared because troll will just trash down Ronaldo....

That stats of Messi was just unbelievable in all levels

tiki_taka 3 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Agreed with tuan, you have good memory tho :) poor groupstage, décisive in quarter, average in semi, and injured in the final. Hard to compare 2016 to 2021 imo...

@footy YES 😄