Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Argentina Copa America: What would be the best line up?
liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Player options:

GK:
Rulli
Romero
German Lux
Caballero
Barovero

CB:
Otamendi
Rojo
Gonzalo Rodriguez
Musacchio
David Abraham
Ramiro Funes Mori

LB:
Ansaldi
Insua
Vangioni
Milton Casco

RB:
Buffarini
Zabaleta
Mercado

CDM:
Mascherano
Biglia
Guido Pizarro
Kranevitter

CM, CAM:
Sosa
Pastore
Pereyra
Banega
Augusto Fernandez
De Paul

LW:
Di Maria
Gaitan
Piatti
Alejanrdo Gomez

RW:
Messi
Salvio
Lamela

ST:
Aguero
Higuain
Dybala
Icardi
Vietto
Tevez

Now pick a 23-man squad who you think should go to USA and remember to make a starting 11.

Comments
liomessi10 8 years ago

My 23-man squad:

GK: Rulli, Caballero, Lux

CB: Otamendi, Musacchio, Gonzalo Rodriguez
LB: Insua
RB: Buffarini, Zabaleta

CDM: Biglia, Mascherano
CM, CAM: Pastore, Banega, Pereyra, Sosa

LW: Di Maria, Gaitan
ST: Aguero, Higuain, Dybala, Icardi
RW: Messi, Lamela

Starting 11:
------------------------- Rulli -------------------------
Buffarini - Otamendi - Musacchio - Insua
------------------------- Biglia ----------------------
-------------- Pastore ----- Banega ------------
Messi ----------- Aguero ----------- Di Maria

SUBs: Lux, Rodriguez, Zabaleta, Mascherano, Pereyra, Gaitan, Higuain

Chucksea 8 years ago
Chelsea 5 267

@lionelmessi10

Imo, Masche should be seen as a CB, he hasn't played holding midfielder for a long time now.

And after the season he's had, Dybala deserve to be at least on the bench, he's been insane this year.

Otherwise great 11.

ramaboy10 8 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

A 4-2-4 with Masche at CB and Aguero + Dybala would be more fitting imo.

liomessi10 8 years ago

Yeah but who had a better season? Higuain or dyabala? And aguero is aguero afteral.

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

My ideal team atm:
------------------------- Romero ---------------
Mercado - Otamendi - Funes Mori - Rojo
----- Pastore ----- Mascherano ------Gaitan--
Messi ----------- Aguero/Higauin ----------- Di Maria

ie. Mussachio will never replace funes mori. Funes mori is being shaped into the main cb for argentina, he will play both copa and olympics

The future team:
------------------------- Rulli ---------------
Mercado - Otamendi - Funes Mori/Mussachio - Rojo
----- Pastore ----- Kranevitter ------Gaitan--
Messi ----------- Vietto/Dybala ----------- Di Maria/angel correa

1. Rulli is a great remplacement. Romero will play over Rulli. It is not rulli's time yet, this will most likely be romero's last copa. Romero's performances are amazing during copas and world cups. I don't know how he does it because he is so inconsistent at the club level.
  2. Zabaleta will miss copa america. Mercado is a great replacement. Strong and lucky (with goals)
  3. Biglia will never play once pastore is fully fit again.
  4. @chucksea Mascherano is a great holding midfielder and cb he can play either position. Kranevitter is his upcoming replacement, very creative. We will see more of him next year at atletico madrid
  5. they will not change from the 4 3 3 formation
  6. Higuain and Aguero will play, Dybala will not get a chance unless he enters for di maria on the right, but tata martino is training angel correa to play on the right for di maria. But Lavezzi will play over angel correa, so imo Dybala will not get a chance, he must just focus on Olympics

The team that will play the copa:
I am 95% sure this will be the team
------------------------- Romero ---------------
Mercado - Otamendi - Funes Mori - Rojo
----- Pastore ----- Mascherano ------Banega--
Messi ----------- Aguero ----------- Di Maria

subs: Rulli, pinola, biglia, kranevitter, augusto fernanadez, higauin, dybala, lamela ...someothers

• i really like Pinola, he pushed forward and that is what we need
  • if we have possession of an easy game, kranevitter can enter for more creativity
  • if we want possession, put in augusto fernandez
  • if aguero is having a shit game, and we don't want to put in higuain because sometimes he just doesn't push or move as much as we need, then Dybala will be our only chance
  • also fuckk biglia and if we can avoid letting higuain take penalties that would be class

sorry for the rant (finally a post that interested me)
also i made this realistically - so i didnt include any players id like to see play, but will obviously not be given a chance ex. icardi, vietto, lamela

liomessi10 8 years ago

I wouldnt really want to see dybala or vietto playing as they are more CFs than strikers. Also they aren't really players you can depend as they usually play as a second striker with someone more experienced. Vietto played in 4-4-2 with giovani last year and with griezmann this year. Dybala plays with mandzukic. Icardi on the other hand plays as a lone striker and more like a target man. Same with aguero and higuain. The only reason i would not like to see icardi play is his attitude. He is a little bit arrogant and selfish and sometimes lazy. New balotelli.

liomessi10 8 years ago

Gonzalo rodriguez is another solid cb option and i think insua or ansaldi would be better at lb than rojo.mascherano is too old and i would rather see augusto fernandez, kranevitter, or biglia in that position,

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago

I completely agree with you. Dybala is not a straight 9, he can play a 9 but he can cut back, create plays/give assists (He plays the role of second striker which messi also plays on the argentina team). In that way i think he is more of a complete player than Icardi or Vietto. He is honestly the heir to Messi. With that said Icardi is comparable to Higuain in that he plays the number 9 position/striker and he's good, but yea a bit of a di-k. Aguero, Higauin, Icardi, Vietto (any of these) + (in combo with Messi/Dybala) is deadly. And the one thing i really dislike about the team is our lack to find a good left back (all the other positions are covered well). But Rojo is too risky, his pass accuracy is good but he needs to learn to control and give passes at certain speeds. He works well in Argentina though, because we don't need to defend as much as other team, teams defend against us and we spend most of the game at their end. That is why he is having trouble at united, because theit team is not as dominent atm, so he needs to push back and defend more. So yea, Gonzalo Rodriguez is a good option also. Also i just don't like the biglia/banega duo we have going on in midfield, there are so many class creative players in Argentina and somehow these 2 came to light...annoying. Gaitan is the saviour we need in midfield...but he gets injured before every big tournament....so don't be shocked if you here about a gaitan injury in these coming weeks
vamos vamos argentina

EL_CHE 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 0 4

i really think rulli should probably play over romero
did you guys c the game of rulli vs barcelona, really great, kept messi out the entire game

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago

yea i remember the game, but still Romero in international competitions comes alive and we need that experience

liomessi10 8 years ago

I really like rulli more tho and find it reslly hard to feel safe with romero in goal especially as we dont necessarily have any great defenders. I would even trust german lux more than romero tbh

Eden17Hazard17 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

4-3-1-2 with...

---------------------- Rulli---------------------

-Zabaleta--Mascherano--Otamendi--Rojo-

-------Biglia------Augusto-----Pastore -----

----------------------Messi--------------------

----------------Higuain------Aguero----------

Bench : Romero, Mussachio, Mori, Pereyra, Di Maria, Dybala, Icardi

Or a 4-2-4 with...

----------------Biglia------Augusto-----------

-----Messi---Higuain---Aguero---Di Maria--

Bench: Romero, Mussachio, Mori, Pastore, Pereyra, Dybala, Icardi

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Or a 4-2-4 with...

----------------Biglia------Augusto-----------

-----Messi---Higuain---Aguero---Di Maria--

Bench: Romero, Mussachio, Mori, Pastore, Pereyra, Dybala, Icardi

Eden17Hazard17 8 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

That's cool! I can separate my post with faded lines :)

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago

yea i do honestly think rulli is exceptional and he will definitely be the future goalkeeper in the years to come, but realistically for this copa tata martino will not pick him over romero.

@liomessi10 i think were safe if masche plays mid and otamendi and funes stand their ground for most games. The problem will be only against chile and uruguay i think, where they are both open matches. In terms of defensive characteristics, only brazil can compare to argentina in terms of quality, but with neymar out, they will struggle to get far. Uruguay is the team to fear, they do not have a star studded squad (other than 3-4 players), but a lot of passion and defensive tactics (very very comparable to how atletico madrid play).

liomessi10 8 years ago

Yeah mascherano would be nice to have at times. He has good leadership.

EL_CHE 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 0 4

Masche is great, hopefully kraneviter can show the same leadership when thhe time comes