Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Are we unstoppable?
TheGame 11 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

It is looking pretty good for United at the moment. The club is extremely stable, everyone seems to be happy and contributing to the cause, there are very few injuries at the moment, and most importantly the team is playing well. On the other side, City, arguably our main rivals, seem to be getting more and more unstable by the minute. Recent news has revealed that Mancini has been involved in a training-ground bust-up with none other than Balotelli. Not to mention the African Cup of Nations is coming up and the Toure brothers will surely be missed in the team. With a 7 point advantage and the other teams (Chelsea and Arsenal, notably) being inconsistent at the moment, looks like the ribbons on the Premier League trophy will be red come May. Agree or not?

Comments
FredTilson 11 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

Of course you are. you are going to win the EPL this year as well the Champions League, then go on to win the Club World Cup. RVP will get the Ballon D'or and then there's just no stopping.

TheGame 11 years ago

@FredTilson, I was referring to the Premier League only. My apologies if that wasn't clear. 

KingHenry 11 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

Yeah I agree with you. Right now everything is favorable to united. Its too early to say they are already champions but its going to be difficult for city or any other team to catch up.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

This seasons league, yes, without a doubt.

Keisuke 11 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

Don't forget your luck, without the 90', United would not even part of the TOP 3... And your defense is'nt the best, for sure!

TheGame 11 years ago

@KingHenry, I definitely agree with you. But 8 points proved to be a very little margin last year. The circumstances this time around seem to be a bit more different though.

TheGame 11 years ago

@Keisuke, luck is important, but it makes for a very weak argument in my opinion, mainly because every team gets a slice of luck here and there. For example, people talk about the bad refereeing in the Chelsea game against United a while back. But very little people give United credit for starting tremendously well against the Blues having led 2-0 for the majority of the first half. Chelsea were also lucky not to have Torres sent off for his earlier challenge against Cleverley. Luck is not a decent argument because it can be used both ways.  

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I think part of the reason people might want to write off the league as having been already won by Man Utd, is because of how used we are to Man Utd building momentum over the 2nd half of the season. Sure, lengthy leads have been squandered in recent seasons, by City and Chelsea (and Spurs, in 3rd, last year), but the one team you never expect to see that from is Man Utd. Indeed, SAF always seems to kick them into an extra gear with that winning mentality which seems part of the DNA of his teams, and they charge back to catch up with whoever has surged ahead.

Given how many times he's pulled that off before, I guess it just seems as though if there is one team you would put money on not stumbling as the pressure mounts, it's Man Utd under Fergie.

And given how wonderful their attack has been to watch, this year, I think it's well-earned, too, for all the defensive mishaps.

TheGame 11 years ago

@Lodatz, couldn't have said it better, mate. Key word here is consistency, and SAF does a good job at making sure no one slacks off at crucial times during the season. One of the things I really admire about the man is his ability to choose players based on form and not necessarily reputation. Other managers tend to pick top class players week in and week out and expect the same result. This league is too challenging and gruesome for that. On a side note though, my question is are we really that much better than City? I am not really sure. You can make the argument that if RVP was playing in the blue half of Manchester, the top of the table most likely would've looked different. The thought of one player causing a 7 point difference is truly frightening. 

knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

wait until you face the big boys from the bigger leagues.....

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

don't get too cute about thinking that we're going to win this season, Game. This is how we lost against City last season - thinking that it's already decided (the winner) prior to the end of the season.

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

well said,heisinburg,but its hard for city to catch up.I think you need to get a cb and cm then things would look solid.City are out of the CL,they are focused on the PL,then theres Utd who got CL,the players might get tired and might just drop points.But with the amazing passion and spirit they are already showing signs of champions.So yes It could just be Utd's year.

TheGame 11 years ago

@Heisinburg, I understand that perfectly. But who do you think is likely to lose more points in the next 5 months, given the current situation? City or United? @Jeffrey, that is true, but given the depth of the United squad I really do not think that would be that big of an issue. Just during this holiday period United managed to play 4 league games in the span of 10 days and drew once while winning three of the games.  

United_Hates_Blues 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

Season is still young, Lets shut up and watch some football please. 

TheGame 11 years ago

@United_Hates_Blues, Believe me I don't think anyone will stop watching the Premier League. Speculations, though, make for good conversations. 

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

@TheGame, Us. Liverpool are another good example of what happens if you think too positive on a stage that is no where near the end.

TheGame 11 years ago

@Heisinburg, that I agree with. However, I am very sure that City will lose more points. Not to mention, United historically do much better in the second half of the season. At the end of the day though, last season we lost on goal difference, which shouldn't really exist in my opinion. The timing of our blip was bad, that is all. I don't think it will happen again.  

Rooney10_Rvp20 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 5 11

the premier league for sure but am still hoping for champions league

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Never put in your mind that you're usntopaable, don't forget you'll face us in a month. I hope you will win EPL, but keep concetrated, the season isn't over.

TheGame 11 years ago

@expertfootball11, what you're saying is very true. But that's why being "unstoppable" in the league was posed as a question and not as a statement. I must say though the second leg in the CL tie is very crucial since a few days before Real will be playing Barca. For the sake of United, hopefully that game mentally and physically affects Real :)