Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Are football players overpaid?!
ArgjentD 4 years ago
Juventus, Kosovo 6 155

Football players are more valuable than ever tbh.
Just imagine, Lionel Messi, earns over $8m a month. G.Bale earns like $1.5 million, Xh.Shaqiri earns like 1 million dollars for a month EVEN THO he played only like 150 minutes this season for Liverpool.
What do y'all think?

Comments
DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

Never one to take from someone's livelihood, but I think all athletes, all major sports, are overpaid. Sports are a very important aspect of life for a lot of reasons, but when you have essential personnel barely making a living, but a player who sits the bench make 200k a week, it just does not sit well with me.

I am talking salary though, not what players can make with sponsorships. That's a whole other topic. haha

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

Best way to look at this is value as opposed to salary. How much value does a footballer generate for their club? Keeping in mind that value in sports is not always economic, losing millions of dollars to win a UCL or a league title is a loss nearly every major club would take.

But economics aside, what we're really looking at is a judgement of value. What value, in its purest form, can be defined as is what someone is willing to pay for it. If I draw a square, it's worth nothing. If Picasso draws a square, it's worth hundreds of millions, not because Picasso is overpaid, but because that what someone was willing to pay to possess it.

A better way to think about footballers salaries is not that they're overpaid, it's that clubs should stop valuing them so highly. Those are two separate arguments.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

Some really interesting stuff you said Sun.

Personally, my simple take on this is that yes, obviously, those at the very top level are severly overpaid but simirlarly to what Sun said, its also come to the fact that certains team value these player that much, even if it the player doesn't get them their money back, if they can achieve glory, some of them won't mind overpaying.

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

just to let you know:

The Kansas City Chiefs made sure they'll have Super Bowl MVP Patrick Mahomes around as long as possible. Mahomes agreed to a 10-year extension worth up to US$503 million,