Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Are football fan all bias?
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Personally, I think the answer is yes, to some level, we, football fan are all bias to a certain extend and its normal. What isn't normal is refusing to concede that, no matter how more pleasing it is to think otherwise. Because it is pleasing to say that your mature enough to be able to see everything that happen in the sport clearly and with enough critical view to make yourselve an opinion which is close to the truth or the reality of thing. Problem is, we are human, we can't be completely neutral. There are thing in the sport which we will like better, like a team, a player, a playing style, the personality of a player or even an concept over another. I think its happen too often than we take for granted that we aren't bias and end up forging a strong opinion on something. Which is why we sometime come in conflict with each despite being convinced we are right. At the end of the day, its impossible to conceive thing the same way another person will, because you're propably very different from that person. But what do you guys think, are we all bias to an extend? It is why we get into conflict? Should we ask ourserlve more often if we are biased or not?

Comments
SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

If there's anything I've learned from trying to be objective, it's that total objectivity is impossible. We're all shaped by the frameworks we've built for ourselves.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

yes, we all have our favorite player but there's a line between reality and fanboy. for example, saying chelsea can finish 2nd easily if ronaldo is in placed of morata is a disrespect towards the rest of real madrid's squad. the chelsea squad is miles behind madrid forget ronaldo even adding messi can't solve their midfield and defensive issues to finish above liverpool let alone matching with madrid's squad.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Everyone has bias, like @Sun said, just that some people are better at taking bigger picture than others and know when they are possibly bias.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

This

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Still 100%. :D

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Jesus christ, what is this thread?

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Thread emo asks if we are biased :D

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@iHEART Lol, I made this a month ago because there were a lot of debate on the forum about user being bias. It was my way of making sure people understood that being bias is a normal part of being a football fan and not something worth getting mad over. Didn't expected it to still be 100% though. XD

DarthFooty 6 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

There has to be at least some Bias because we each like teams for one reason or another, and will root more for that team. As fair as I try to be, I know for a fact that I start with a view to favor my teams, but after watching more, I can see things from different points of view.

Tis the beauty of sport to have YOUR team do well.