Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Any news on Robin Van Persie?
This comment is disliked by many users (show)
Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Some say that he is linked with Manchester City, others say he's close either Juventus or Manchester United. Recently, the tabloids have revealed that RVP is demanding a wage 'as the same as Rooney'. This highlights the fact that the possibility of him moving to Manchester United seems to have risen since he compared himself with a United player. However, it is said that he has some interest in moving to Juventus, which I'm assuming is because he is planning to leave with a positive result - Arsenal fans thanking him for his attempt to bring success to the club, and NOT MOVING to a rival club like Manchester United or City.

However, it is undecided to see which club Van Persie will move to. In my opinion, he should give Arsenal and Arsene Wenger one more chance to see if he could bring some light to the club next season, since he  still has a year left.

So far, there has been no offers for Van Persie. This could mean that other clubs might also be encouraging him to stay and give it another go, and seeing Arsenal already signing Lucas Podolski and Olivier Giroud, and possibly Santi Carzola and Nuri Sahin,  the possibilities of this club winning a title looks to be certain this time.

It seems as though Arsene Wenger will soon have the chance of building another invincible squad. Although signing new talented players will also require a long term build up of team chemistry, I'm sure Arsenal are highly capable of that.

Anywhore, I just wanted to express my thoughts on the RVP situation. Seeing that there hasn't been a single offer for him yet, according to Wenger, it would seem highly likely that he will stay in the club for the remainder of his contract. But, this will mean that Arsenal ABSOLUTELY MUST win something next season, with Van Persie's presence. If they do, then it is possible that he'll ask for a contract extension.

.....k thanks, bai

Comments
Jaewon 12 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 3 73

Apparently city & juventus gave up on signing him. United gave up on signing lucas moura so i guess they are favourites?

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Wenger has denied that they have come closer to selling him. *gasp* is this true what i see? heinsburg actually posting a forum post about football!? My god...

regli11 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 37 227

his probaly goin juventus has he said i would not like to stay in england for longer and go somwhere new but he describes himself as a united player and he wants to be but he is goin juventus and city r out of the mind he wont go to them its between united and juventus

Jimskeleton 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

Grow up ramaboy, Heisinburg has posted plenty to do with football on this site despite going a bit over the top with attempts to clean up the site recently, not everyone spams this forum like the kids on here with useless stuff.

Jimskeleton 12 years ago

Nice multi accounting by someone there too, which saddo voted Heisinburgs post down 4 times in 30 seconds, man up someone.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

The arsenal fans' preferred destination (Juventus) will not sign him. Too deep for their pockets. It's between the 2 Mancs if he goes. However, there has been some stirs that there is a real possibility that the club will force him to stay if they don't feel a fair offer has been made. It's highly unlikely, but still a possibility that they might just take a stand and not sell regardless of the offer. Apparently, the CEO is "tired of being bullied into selling their best players for well below their market value."

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@Jimskeleton, i'm gonna act like you and heinsburg. Hey, jimskeleton, i bet your heinsburg!

Heisinburg 12 years ago

Apparently it's rumoured that Mancini is keen to sign Van Persie, alongside the Italian beast, Daniele De Rossi. On the other hand, if RVP joins United, then there is no doubt that he'll certainly have a tremendous impact on the club's attacking force. Imagine a 'Rooney and Van Persie' partnership. That is like the might of Arsenal and Man United combined. Maybe I'm just exaggerating, but that would be something interesting to watch.

But my question is, if Robin Van Persie ACTUALLY DID move to one of the Manchester clubs? Which club would you recommend him to go to?

Jimskeleton 12 years ago

Well done on proving you're just a little kid ramaboy, when I have I ever accused you of being anyone else you sad little brat.

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

I can't imagine RVP moving to any Manchesters. I hope and pray he moves somewhere else (anywhere except the EPL). I have too much admiration for RVP to see him score against Arsenal. I don't even hate RVP for this because of he did for us last season.

@jim leave it bro he was just being satirical. @rama let's not derail this thread. Heinsinburg already got 11 thumbs down anyway lol!

GunnerGo 12 years ago
Arsenal, Venezuela 13 345

If ir wouldn't for what van Persie said in his blog then Arsenal would have offers, but that statement made Arsenal position so vulnerable... Well i hope he goes to Juventus anad no a PL club, but i guess we'll have to wait until the end of this coming season.

Jimskeleton 12 years ago

@Koldimere, yeah I know, just little kids wind me right up.

Actually on topic, I think if RVP had any respect for Arsenal he would leave the PL, but don't know why I still think United could be the front runners.

GunnerGo 12 years ago
Arsenal, Venezuela 13 345

You know, with the situation that Juventus won't bid because of the price and United are the most favorites to sign him and most gooners don't want him to stay, i just hope that if he goes to United he doesn't play the victim saying that he wanted to leave the PL but no other team would bid for him and the only choice he got with the fans harassing him was going to United.

Heisinburg 12 years ago

yes, it seems that United are still favourites for RVP. But I don't think they will make a bid on him due to his age. I  think he's gonna stay for sure.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@Heisinburg: If your asking the fans which of the 2 we'd prefer, I'd say neither. On the one hand if would be simply unforgivable if he goes to our arch rivals United. On the other hand if he sells his soul for the pimp team City then he'll lose any semblance of dignity & respect.
I've said this before but if he goes to either HE IS DEAD TO ME.

Heisinburg 12 years ago

lol