Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Another reason why Michael Oliver is imbecile when it comes to refereeing
Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Or he has his agenda ... seems way too often !

Comments
TheGame 8 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

Is this the Fellaini incident you guys are talking about? If so, they were both at fault.

Also, this was a penalty as well. I still think that Mike Oliver is one of the better referees in the PL.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Umm...if that's a pk, it's the softest pk I've ever seen. If Memphis had gotten a yellow for diving I wouldn't have had a complaint.

TheGame 8 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

It's a penalty. You're watching it in slow motion. He clearly pulled him back and forced him off balance. Memphis did not dive as he was going for the ball after being thrown off balance. IF Drinkwater got the red card for that foul, which he did, it should have been a penalty as it is clearly on the line. Here is a real time vid:

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11435

@thegame I find it hard to say, yeah, he seem like he pull him back but then Memphis fall after they have been contact so I personally don't know if it was a pen or not, a thing for sure, it looked like the fault was in the box so it should have been a pen. I'm guessing the referee didn't wanted to kill the game or felt that it was fair enough to simply give a second card and a free kick. To be sincere, I don't think its possible to know for sure.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@thegame I find it hard to say in all reality, yeah, he seem like he pull him back but then Memphis fall after they are been contact so I personally don't know if it was a pen or not, a thing for sure, it looked like the fault was in the box so it should have been a pen. I'm guessing the referee didn't wanted to kill the game or felt that it was fair enough to simply give a second card. To be sincere, I don't think its possible to know for sure.

@thegame I find it hard to say, yeah, he seem like he pull him back but then Memphis fall after they have been contact so I personally don't know if it was a pen or not, a thing for sure, it looked like the fault was in the box so it should have been a pen. I'm guessing the referee didn't wanted to kill the game or felt that it was fair enough to simply give a second card. To be sincere, I don't think its possible to know for sure.

ashwin1729 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

That penalty call could have went either way... he was on the edge of the box, there were worser calls than that, and I don't really blame the ref for that. But for me, I don't know how Simpson stayed on the pitch after he pulled back Lingard. I mean it was very clear, and he didn't even get a card. That's appalling to me. If you look at United in the past 2-3 weeks, almost most of the calls have been going against them. In the Everton game for example...the penalties...the week before that where they ground out against Crystal Palace and Aston Villa...