Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Andre Gomes "its a kind of hell"
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

So recently, Andre Gomes had an interview, in which he explain the pressure is really getting to him sadly. He say because of the negative feedback toward him, he is putting extra-pressure on himself. He is alway asking himself what he is doing wrong and is even ashamed of going out in the street now because of it, saying that he started living a kind of hell. I mean, obviously, some of the complain against him is normal but when it reach the point where he refuse to go out in the street, I feel the player might need to be given a break or something. What are you guys thinking? Problem of mentality from his part or is there too much pressure on him? One thing for sure, its not suprising he's not performing good if he feel this bad on and off the field.

PS: For those wondering, here the link to the article. However, its in French, couldn't find a English version of it. :(

Comments
raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

F*CK that, he's a professional. He should have known that the demand and expectations at Barcelona were vastly Superior to Valencia. A rare poor performance is tolerated by the fans, but every outting being an invisible performance is not tolerated at that level. He's earning millions for it too, so he has little reason to complain about it. The way fans see it is either perform or leave. It's ruthless but that's his profession.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@raimondo I expected answer like that tbf. Personally, I agree, if he have trouble with his own confidence and his personal life, he shouldn't keep that to himself till he meet with journalist, instead, he should talk about it with his coaches, his manager, his team-mate and even with his family and friend, that would obviously lessen the pression he put on himself and no doubt some of them could help him trough that. He got my sympathy for its ain't easy no matter how much your paid but tbf, rai your 100% right, its part of his profession, especially at that level. What a bit worse in his situation is that Barca paid a lot for him and it seem Valverde still want to keep him so even if he wanted to leave, it propably would be complicated...

raimondo90 6 years ago Edited

It's simple, a loan deal with option to buy. Look at Renato Sanchez. Joined Bayern and thought to be one of the best young players. He's currently on loan as a sub at Swansea and mediocre at that. He couldn't handle the expectation and he was quickly dispatched from the team.

My belief is that players need phycologist especialized in this field. Help getting over pressure/disappointments and dealing with media coverage. Not everybody is prepared for the constant spam of millions of fans analyzing your every step.
But I feel no sympathy for players under these circumstances, they have everything at their disposal to change for the better.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It's simple, a loan deal with option to buy. Look at Renato Sanchez. Joined Bayern and thought to be one of the best you players. He's currently on loan as a sub at Swansea and mediocre at that. He couldn't handle the expectation and he was quickly dispatched from the team.

My belief is that players need phycologist especialized in this field. Help getting over pressure/disappointments and dealing with media coverage. Not everybody is prepared for the constant spam of millions of fans analyzing your every step.
But I feel no sympathy for players under these circumstances, they have everything at their disposal to change for the better.

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

he was criticised since the first few games. and never really given much of a chance. if a player gets limited playing time then the pressure to do well in that time is much more.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@liomessi Thats also a problem, if a player get little time to play with a team and don't do well in that period, he will easily be considered a flop which is a shame. Kinda remind me of Bats at Chelsea who is now super good at BVB.

@raimondo Agreed, at that level, player should have professional help to deal with the pressure. By the way mate, I think you used the wrong word, phycology and psycology ain't exactly the same thing. :P

raimondo90 6 years ago Edited

@Emo oops lol happens when your keyboard is set to multiple languages and you don't proof read. But yeah I meant psychologist.
BTW I found it hilarious it was the study of algae. Learn something new everyday.

• History

@Emo oops lol happens when your keyboard is set to multiple languages and you don't proof read. But yeah I meant psychologist.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I feel sory for him :( ít never good for anyone to experience that.

But he is simply not good enough for Barca ATM, he is in a circle and hard to breakout.

He is professional, earning a lot and need to return that. if the gap is to high, MOVE.

Move to a club that suits his style, his level and will see. You cant have a nice CV, at a top flight place, doesnt deliver and expects no-eye-on-me. This pressure on him is expected! :(

• History

I feel sory for him :( ít never good for anyone to experience that.

But he is simply not good enough for Barca ATM, he is in a circle and hard to breakout.

He is professional, earning a lot and need to return that. if the gap is to high, MOVE.

Move to a club that suits his style, his level and will see. Uou cant have a nice CV, at a top flight place, foesnt deliver and expect no-eye-on-me.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@rai

BTW I found it hilarious it was the study of algae. Learn something new everyday.

Yep! Me as well. Pretty much the reason why I chose to share the wikipedia link. ;)

@tuan Agreed. Its suck and its not an easy situation for him but no doubt at this point, it would be better to leave asap.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

So, it seem like its official now, Andre Gomes should move in the summer, thats the word some media have spread now. Barca are hoping they can at least get back some of the money they spent on him while Gomes will be hoping to find good situation in another good team.

sandrito 6 years ago
Juventus, Italy 1 548

Tin pot player to say the least.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@sandrito At least give a reason why you feel this way, this kind of negative comment without explanation are considered boring on FR and can even be considered like trolling. So please give explanation when you say that about a player next time.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

searching for the next deco, but get andre gomes smh, hopefully he can come to epl and redeem himself with midtable clubs, at least that's what shaqiri does.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Spurs interested in Gomes, God please make that deal. Ok

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tiki Could actually be an interesting move though I'm not sure he would be an huge success at Spurs though, one has to wonder if he wouldn't have a similar role as Moussa Sissoko, like a backup or a substitute. Not that it would be a bad for him or the club but maybe Spurs won't be willing to pay a lot for a rotation player. :(

tiki_taka 6 years ago

I would pay to see him leaving Barca lol, even for free I’m okay with it...

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tiki I know that but I doubt Barca are willing to lose their investment like that. :(

the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

nice to see him doing well at everton.

srk_rox 5 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

He had a really good game at Anfield. Nice close control. Good dribblings. So, happy for him.
Everton is building a beautiful squad here.
Lukaku, good riddance. That too for 80M. Upgraded to Richarlison.
Expecting Everton to finish at fourth place

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@srk_rox Propably not that high, but they certainly can try to slip into the top six, that would be a huge accomplishement in itself.

tiki_taka 5 years ago

I don’t see anything special in Richarlison specially at that price tag. As long as Gomes perfoms, that’s a promise of getting some money back from his departure. I’m happy with Getting Vidal-Arthur right now. Gomes is too slow for Barca build ups.