Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Am I the only one who thinks Pogba is not as good as people think?
wingoal 3 years ago
Real Madrid, China 8 8

In my opinion, he doesn't fit the rhythm of the Premier League, he doesn't make sense at the back. He has some control over the ball, but the rate is too slow. For a top midfielders, consistency in the delivery of the ball should be a priority.

Comments
Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Honestly, you are not the only one thinking that. I've seen many complain about Pogba on this site and honestly, I can understand them.

Personally, I think the problem is not in his quality but in his style of play. Pogba isn't a midfielder who like to alway play quickly to break down defense on the counter. Honestly, if you give him a lot of space to see the game and project himself, he can truly shine, put him under pressure and it will be a lot harder for him to show his quality.

I do think however that like a lot of other player who start to the season hasn't been as amazing as usual, we shouldn't be too harsh on him because of lack of resting between game and preparation before of the season.

Yusuf_10 3 years ago Edited
Manchester City, England 16 73

pogba shined at Juventus, but Man Utd messed him up currently hes overrated

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

pogba shined at juve but man u messed him up currently hes overated

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@Yusuf_10 Well, to be honest, Juventus was and still technically is a lot more dominant in Serie A that United currently is in PL. So it helped Pogba a lot.

tuan_jinn 3 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

You are not the only one.

There is a LARGE part of MU's fans who think the same, and I'm in that group since day 1. I have people thrown to me that he is world cup winner, he is that good, and it's the manager's fault etc...

Sure...

He indeed has a lot of talent, but he and his swag style just never deliver in the red shirt, it's that simple. He is crap!

tuan_jinn 3 years ago

@Emo: Exactly that, at the time Pogba was there, Juve walked the park in Series A due to their collapse after all the scandals, it helped. On top of that, he has that quality, he has all the technical abilities to do that.

But having technical abilities does not mean you will success and other fans must accept that he is that good... His attitude and style betrays him, and until he realizes that, it won't do him any good.

Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11432

@tuan_jinn I would also argue the Premier League speed and intensity in particular expose his weakness. In a slower league, I would expect him to make a bigger difference for his team.

• History

@tuan_jinn I would also argue the Premier League speed and intensity in particular expose his weakness.

tuan_jinn 3 years ago

Ahh that's true too. :( However we dont see him does thing right in UCL either, sometimes in a very slow pace game... He is the one who slow down our attack and fludity.

With that being said, sometimes he produces some sick cross pass or flick... then we tend to forget how sucky he is (including myself), and then we lost, we are angry at everyone, the coach and the big stars again.

SunFlash 3 years ago
USA 19 3260

I thought for many years that Pogba would just walk into any midfield in the world. His displays for France, and every four or so games for United where he would just boss it, seemed to prove that. Juve wanted him back, Real wanted him, usually those at the top of the pyramid know better than fans.

Then we got Fernandes.

It immediately became clear that this was what Pogba was supposed to be. Maybe not in the attacking sense, but in the trying stuff sense, the through balls, the dictation of tempo, etc etc. Ole isn't dumb either, he recognized really quickly that the best way to get results out of United is to set up the team around Fernandes. Pogba, with his "give away pens for fun" and "lackadaisical turnovers" became expendable FAST. It was honestly astonishing to see.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

I can't quite explain it but I know he is a quality player. Be that his head is not in it, or he really just plays the game slower than the league affords, he clearly can play on his day. Like SunFlash, I also thought he would fit anywhere, but we have seen over and over that his style is just off for the EPL at least. Perhaps he needs to go to a different league?

tuan_jinn 3 years ago Edited

I really don't buy: he has done that for France (where Kante bossed the mid, he was good), and every 4 games or so for MU. No, he literrally never really delivered in big games in the red shirt. Being one of the highest earn, even if its true... Every 4 game just doesnt cut it.

Real, wants him, Juve wants him back... Those are just rumor, noises on the market, nothing else, no actual moves or concrete offer to really get the player.

On the other hand, i am not surprised if any team want him, because of his potential, his display which was way in the past for Juve, and a few games for France... But with his recent quality and the wage demand... Market has shown, no elite team are in real interest. That align with the majority fans' opinions.

Now i remember, @SunFlash you are actually the one who keep telling me he is that good... One of the few i know though. Hehehe :D. Sorry if I sound too much hate toward Pogba.. but I really, really dont think he should be in the red shirt with that much of earning, I grew to fed up with his style that everytime i see him in the line up i feel worry and doesnt want to watch anymore (still do though). I do agree with you though, and I have been saying that, he has class and potential...

• History

I really don't buy: he has done that for France (where Kante bossed the mid, he was good), and every 4 games or so for MU. No, he literrally never really delivered in big games in the red shirt. Being one of the highest earn, even if its true... Every 4 game just doesnt cut it.

Real, wants him, Juve wants him back... Those are just rumor, noises on the market, nothing else, no actual moves or concrete offer to really get the player.

On the other hand, i am not surprised if any team want him, because of his potential, his display which was way in the past for Juve, and a few games for France... But with his recent quality and the wage demand... Market has shown, no elite team are in real interest. That align with the majority fans' opinions.

Now i remember, @SunFlash you are actually the one who keep telling me he is that good... One of the few i know though. Hehehe :D. Sorry if I sound too much hate toward Pogba.. but I really, really dont think he should be in the red shirt with that much of earning, I grew to fed up with his style that everytime i see him in the line up i feel worry and doesnt want to watch anymore (still do though).

SunFlash 3 years ago
USA 19 3260

@tuan

Yeah. United don't win today without him, but they absolutely lose with him and minus Fernandes. I guess that confirms he's a luxury player.

tiki_taka 3 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

He is not committed to football 100 per cent, at the time Evra used to slap him at half time in NT and so did Ibra at United...
His potential is huge but so is Ben Arfa, it's complicated to get 100% from these kind of players...

ashwin1729 3 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Pogba is an entitled player with a bloated self serving ego. He does not have the work ethic needed to succeed at the club, won't even be close to being a legend at United. To simply put, he's the midfield version of Mario Balotelli without the funny antics. Great on his day, but crap on others. And he won't get into the starting line up of the elite teams with his current form or antics.

As for United as a whole, 5 years ago, we went to Wolfsburg needing a win on the last day. We actually outplayed the Germans only to lose. The parallels exist- inconsistency, a young team, and a manager in his second full season. LVG lost the plot completely after the loss- injuries didn't help him. Club backed him in January and we all know what happened in May.

So far, most of our wins were due to individual brilliance. Not because of a decent game plan from OGS. Throw subs in and hope they bail out with individual performances against the average teams. Sit back and counter against big teams- I don't mind a defensive team with counter attack if you actually do the work to set it up instead of relying on players' individual brilliance even for that. Not having Upecampo and having a decent squad are huge bonus for Ole (LVG did not have luxury of a decent squad). I hope I'm wrong, but these next 5 days will be really interesting.

expertfootball11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Yes I agree, and even for France for certain non-important matches like that Nations League thing, he didn't do much, so yes he is massively overrated, but he can jump back to his juve level if given the appropriate midfielders to play with

amir_keal 3 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I like to call him Pandemic P nowadays

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

His manager is making statements to let the player leave in the Summer or risk losing him in free transfer. Not sure if this is a ploy to get United to plot a bigger contract or if he really wants out.

United needs to be smart and weigh this out.

• If you let him go, sell him soon to get more for him, then use the funds for shoring up the team.
  • If you keep him but maybe move on from Ole, will the new manager even want the player?
  • If you keep him, how long are you looking to extend and for how much, keeping in mind lost revenue from Covid and his lack of performances.