{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Allegri out
_Pelle_ 5 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

So Allegri leaves Juve...

• Has he been a success or failure?
  • Who do you think will succeed him? Mou, Pep, Wenger, L Henrique, Prandelli, Spalletti...?
  • History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So Allegri leaves Juve...

• Has he been a success or failure?
    -Who do you think will succeed him? Mou, Pep, Wenger, L Henrique, Prandelli, Spalletti...?
Comments
DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Cant see Pep going as he has some unfinished business with a small thing called the Champions League. Perhaps he feels Man City is now ready to make a serious run at that title.

Mou would be interesting.

netsten 5 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

Why ? just why ?

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

cos his tactics were awful

srk_rox 5 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

What a cruel job..!!

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I know expectations are fairly high there, but why would he be considered a failure? Sure, Juve didn't have a good run in the CL, but for them to win the league, season after season, is still an amazing achievement. Perhaps we should questioning whether the Serie A league itself is a failure. I rate Allegri highly, so this resignation won't affect him. He'll get another top job elsewhere.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

Isn’t the serie A success of Juve the result of the clubs work, and not specifically the managers...? For example to get a new arena in place, getting the best players, setting up long term strategies, coming back from calciopoli etc etc

When everything is in place the manager can then work in a healthy atmosphere... meaning that any top-manager could have achieved similar to what Allegri did in Serie A.

Beyond that the expectation on Allegri in Juve was to mainly get the UCL title, which they’ve been close to, but still not. So in terms of UCL he’s been somewhat a failure, but in terms of Serie A dominance he’s been a success. Even if the main cred should go to the club.

Allegri has not been THE man making the groundbreaking changes in Juve as a whole like SAF once did with Man Utd, D Simeone in ATM or Wenger in Arsenal.

Isn’t the serie A success of Juve the result of the clubs work, and not specifically the managers...? For example to get a new arena in place, getting the best players, setting up long term strategies, coming back from calciopoli etc etc. When everything is in place the manager can then work in a healthy atmosphere... meaning that any top-manager could have achieved similar to what Allegri did in Serie A.

After seeing 5 dogshit years of mediocrity at our club, I understand how big an impact a manager can bring in any club. Of course, the ethos of the club is very important to maintain (lord knows we currently lack this), and it looks like Juve are doing it right, but I would disagree when you say that any manager coming in can achieve something similar.

First of all, you're dealing with high profiled players, which is always a big challenge for any manager coming in, because then you'll be more likely to serve in the interests of the club, rather than yourself (you've already mentioned SAF, as an example). To get the team playing cohesively is a big deal, let alone, winning 5 consecutive league titles, minus the domestic tournaments that Allegri's won.

But when it comes to winning the CL, I always see this as a reflection of how competitive your own respective league is also. Therefore, if Juve has been consistently poor these past few years in the most elite tournament in Europe, I would also question the competitive nature of the the Serie A league itself. This season, for them, looked fairly one-sided, and if we're comparing the competition between the league itself and the European tournaments (CL and Europa), then it's no wonder that we're seeing an all-English galore in both finals.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

I think being a competitive league alone is a bit overrated. What if it is competitive and poor? Does that help in UCL? And too. competitive might tire the squad in general.

Not any manager can win consecutive league titles for sure, but a club run well will make the job a lot easier. The top managers will make the most out of it.

SunFlash 5 years ago
USA 19 3260

You guys are talking about Juve in the UCL like they're PSG lol, they made the final twice and lost to some of the best Real/Barca iterations ever. Allegri is a fantastic manager, and he did a wonderful job with the club. But with the investment in Ronaldo and the window for that closing, you got to play to Ronaldo, so Allegri has to go. Not much more to it from my perspective.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

We are not talking about THE manager as if he is bad. It's about whether he achieved what was expected from him or not in juventus...

If everything was all that great, why did he have to leave

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago Edited

I think being a competitive league alone is a bit overrated. What if it is competitive and poor? Does that help in UCL?

My point, exactly.

And too. competitive might tire the squad in general.

I don't see the point in saying this when we're seeing all English clubs in both finals, from arguably the most competitive league in the world. I'll have you reminded that we also kicked you lot out with a very depleted United (more reserves than first-team players) line up. I think that alone is a statement to be considered.

Not any manager can win consecutive league titles for sure, but a club run well will make the job a lot easier. The top managers will make the most out of it.

it would make the transition a lot of smoother when all engines are running smoothly at your club, but like I said before, being manager of a highly ambitious club like Juve is no easy job for anyone coming in, especially when the expectations are as high as you winning the CL. Then it's no longer just the question of how the club is run, but also how the league itself is keeping your club "prepared" for CL matches. I think PSG is an obvious subject to this.

• History

I think being a competitive league alone is a bit overrated. What if it is competitive and poor? Does that help in UCL?

My point, exactly.

And too. competitive might tire the squad in general.

I don't see the point in saying this when we're seeing all English clubs in both finals, from arguably the most competitive league in the world. I'll have you reminded that we also kicked you lot out with a very depleted United (more reserves than first-team players) line up. I think that alone is a statement to be considered.

it would make the transition a lot of smoother when all engines are running smoothly at your club, but like I said before, being manager of a highly ambitious club like Juve is no easy job for anyone coming in, especially when the expectations are as high as you winning the CL. Then it's no longer just the question of how the club is run, but also how the league itself is keeping your club "prepared" for CL matches. PSG is an obvious subject to this.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

So, I read some article and rumours say the reason Allegri ended up leaving was that he wanted more power as a manager, something Juventus vice-president was very much against. Obviously, losing to Ajax didn't help either. Still think its reasonable to think he ended up in a feud with one of the top person at the club.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

Seems like Man Utd ppl would have no argument were it not for that psg win. I’m talking about Allegri and Juve.

expertfootball11 5 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Serie A has basically become a farmer's league just like France ever since the decline of the Milans in 2011 or so. Just as PSG, the team is regarded as being super strong just because they beat Sassuolo and Cagliari but in fact they are wothless in CL, with or without Ronaldo. But the trainers are always the culprits...

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

I never understood hiw being the 3rd-6th best leagues in europe... out of 50+ leagues makes it a farmers/poor league. Yes they might not be as competitive as EPL... but bad?! Smh

expertfootball11 5 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Lack of competitveness is what creates a farmer league.

Seems like Man Utd ppl would have no argument were it not for that psg win. I’m talking about Allegri and Juve.

I don't have to use our game as an example. We all know PSG also dipped in the previous years, but our game just so happens to be the most recent of your CL attempts. I only used this as an example to deliver my point with Juve's and Allegri's case because both clubs seem to be in similar positions in terms of power and ambition.

amir_keal 5 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Mourinho to Juventus confirmed lol.

• History

Mourinho to Juventus.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

Just a rumour... havent seen anywhere yet that its done.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Mourinho should join Juventus. He will be good there and lax fixtures in Seria A ( considering how easy Juventus has been winning it year after year) will give much needed preparation in CL.