Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Alexis Sanchez
quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Alexis Sanchez is looking more and more like one of Manchester United's worst ever signings.

enter image description here
In six appearances in all competitions this season the Chilean has scored zero goals and provided just one assist, which came against Burnley at the beginning of September.

And now, looking on at his damp lettuce of a United career, it takes a few moments to fully grasp the numbers behind the highest paid footballer in British history. Sánchez got a £75,000 lump sum just for starting this game. He has to date been paid £14.5m by Manchester United. If he gets to January he will receive a £1.1m annual bonus, just, well, because.

The Chile international was hooked in the 76th minute and now an embarrassing statistic has emerged from the game. Alexis Sanchez gave the ball away 26 TIMES against Valencia last night... That's an average of once every three minutes.

Thoughts?

Comments
NovaRuk 6 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

He's actually a great player. Just not suited to Mourinho's style of play.

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

This is What happens when a players mentality is all wrong. Came for the money ~ Arsene Wenger.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago Edited
10 1583

mourinho/woodward trying to copy alex ferguson's purchase of robin van persie, fails unexpectedly. so now if I turn the question and say if the 29 y.o rvp is in this current man utd team, could he have done better than sanchez?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

mourinho trying to copy alex ferguson's purchase of robin van persie, fails unexpectedly. so now if I turn the question and say if that 29 y.o rvp is in this current man utd team, could he have done better?

mourinho trying to copy alex ferguson's purchase of robin van persie, fails unexpectedly. so now if I turn the question and say if the 29 y.o rvp is in this current man utd team, could he have done better?

mourinho trying to copy alex ferguson's purchase of robin van persie, fails unexpectedly. so now if I turn the question and say if the 29 y.o rvp is in this current man utd team, could he have done better than sanchez?

Tuanis 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

With every player on the team who has not performed under any other coach, we need to give them a "Mourinho-effect" Wildcard. We can argue big part of their poor performance has to do with the coach. Alexis, Pogba, Lukaku, Martial even Rshford, all of them have been struggling recently and we won't be able to tell if it's them or the system until we inevitably change coaching staff.

From what we've seen before, these players are world class or future world class players and if their level reached an all-time low during Mou's years we need to evaluate that very carefully.

Until then. I cant give any solid criticism to those players.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

While Alexis has been undeniably trash, I cannot think of a single player who has joined United on a transfer post-2013 who played better for United than they did their previous club.

I'm not even talking out of my ass here. I can't think of one. Matic toes the line, but he was pretty good for Chelsea as well. That's more reflective on the club than it is on any of the players.

If I had no affiliation to United, and was doing fine somewhere else, I honestly wouldn't come. The record for this is dire.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Sunflash Thats true sadly. :( Still think a lot of united player just don't work well with the current gameplan. :(

• History

@Sunflash Thats true sadly. :(

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Agree with @SunFlash.

And while Matic has been decent, he still hasn't reached anywhere near the heights of 14/15 or 16/17.

Only the youth like Lingard and McTominay have seemed to progress.

@Emo, Well to be fair, no new signing really impressed under Moyes or van Gaal either.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Sanchez was never right for us to begin with, I don't even understand Mourinho's logic behind this signing.

• History

Sanchez was never right for us to begin, I don't even understand Mourinho's logic behind this signing.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@iHEART Agreed, the move to start with was strange. Actually, now that I think about it, United haven't only signed player who fit Mourinho style of play since he been in charge. Seem to me Woodward just spending the cash on big name player without caring much for Mou playing style. :U

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

No, it definitely isn't Woodward who's making these decisions - he knows nothing about football. Mourinho's has to be the one making all the decisions, otherwise Sanchez would have easily picked City over us, despite his troubled past under Guardiola.

I think Matic was the only one whom I thought Mourinho made a wise choice on, and Fred is slowly becoming another one too in my book.

• History

No, it definitely isn't Woodward who's making these decisions - he knows nothing about football. Mourinho's the man who's making all the decisions, otherwise Sanchez would have easily picked City over, despite his troubled past under Guardiola.

I think Matic was the only one whom I thought Mourinho made a wise choice on, and Fred is slowly becoming another one too in my book.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@iHEART Fair enough, Matic and Fred were two pretty good signing but once again, it was hard to go wrong as Matic was a key element for Chelsea the season prior and Fred was also highly rated and targeted by City, just like Alexis.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

I'm not sold on Fred at all. I thought we were getting a Kante, instead we got a deeper Mata.

amir_keal 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

He really isn't playing like his Arsenal days, and to be honest that is not surprising, considering they way United are built. I think it is more of a team problem than an Alexis issue.

Here's the thing, in all the games they have lost I don't think he has started any of them. Not really to say play him but I think he should be given a bit more game time in all honestly, especially if Marcus Rashford is getting tired fitness wise.

There are rumours about him going back to Arsenal. I love Alexis and he is one of my favourites, but I honestly wouldn't take him back. People believe Arsenal need a winger, but Arsenal has moved on from Alexis, and focusing on his successes with Wenger is not what we need, especially when we have players like Iwobi and Smith Rowe on the rise.

Edit: Pretty much what Tuanis and SunFlash said.

• History

He really isn't playing like his Arsenal days, and to be honest that is not surprising, considering they way United are built. I think it is more of a team problem than an Alexis issue.

Here's the thing, in all the games they have lost I don't think he has started any of them. Not really to say play him but I think he should be given a bit more game time in all honestly, especially if Marcus Rashford is getting tired fitness wise.

There are rumours about him going back to Arsenal. I love Alexis and he is one of my favourites, but I honestly wouldn't take him back. People believe Arsenal need a winger, but Arsenal has moved on from Alexis, and focusing on his successes with Wenger is not what we need, especially when we have players like Iwobi and Smith Rowe on the rise.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

exactly, alexis being back is not what arsenal needed atm. it's ramsey's replacement that's imminent. btw former players that I still wish them back at arsenal: santi cazorla and cesc fabregas

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

There are rumours about him going back to Arsenal.

Won't happen and I doubt he will move at all. No way any other club will pay him that much. But he did chose money over everything else, so at least he can collect his pay check.

“Look I’ve told you, I don’t manage Arsenal anymore. Stop fucking asking me if you can come back...”enter image description here

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

I'm not sold on Fred at all. I thought we were getting a Kante, instead we got a deeper Mata.

Man, thats stink. :P

@amir I really think Martial and Alexis should start over Rashford. Kid need to make his proof on loan in my opinion. People need to forget how good he did on his debut season for the main team and focus on his current performance. Don't get me wrong, he is still a really good young lad but he need to mature asap.

@quikzyyyy XD