Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Alexandre Lacazette to join Arsenal... at last?
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

So... you propably heard about this but it would seem Arsenal are close on signing Lacazette. At least, that what Skysport is saying. For me, considering how many time Arsenal were linked with him, it hard to believe that this time will be different and that he will actually join them. But what are your thought on the matter? I'm especially curious to know Arsenal fan opinion on the whole matter.

Comments
liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

I really hope so cause it would be nice to see arsenal good again also we haven't had many exciting transfers

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Liomessi Indeed, would be great to see Lacazette moving after all that time and hopefully, he would manage to make a big influence at the club. If Arsenal manage to sign him, keep Sanchez and Ozil and pherhap sign some other good player, Arsenal could be lethal this season. Also, like you said, would be one of the biggest transfer of the season yet. :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Liomessi Indeed, would be great to see Lacazette moving after all that time and hopefully, he would manage to make a big influence at the club. If Arsenal manage to sign him, keep Sanchez and Ozil and pherhap some other good player, Arsenal could be lethal this season. Also, like you said, would be one of the biggest transfer of the season yet. :)

amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I don't know man, three years ago I'd be happy, but now I really don't know. I think he'll flop tbh.

• History

I don't know man, three years ago I'd be happy, but really i don't know. I think he'll flop tbh.

ashwin1729 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

April was 1st was 3 months ago...

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

99% done deal(had that 1% because you know, it's Arsenal)

I'm glad we will get him, best possible striker on the market atm, be realistic Arsenal was never going to get Mbappe for 120+ millions

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

When Arsenal targets high profile players, they really don't seem to go wrong. The highest rated players for me that they signed (when they signed them) where Ozil, Sanchez, and Cech, respectively. I think all of them have worked out quite nicely. It's when Arsenal tries to get an on-the-verge player that they seem to screw up.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I just really hope that Alexis stays in Arsenal, with Carzola back from injury and Lacazzete it's a great team.

Croatian 7 years ago Edited
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

I don't see why Arsenal fans are not confident about him, he's class striker and has been bagging goals for 3 seasons. Physical and paceful enough to play in PL, also not dependent on crosses or Ozil.

If I was Arsenal fan I would be glad if they could sign Lacazette over Mbappe, Mbappe still has risk factor (a big one).

• History

I don't see why Arsenal fans are not confident ahead of him, he's class striker and has been bagging goals for 3 seasons. Physical and paceful enough to play in PL, also not dependent on crosses or Ozil.

If I was Arsenal fan I would be glad if they could sign Lacazette over Mbappe, Mbappe still has risk factor (a big one).

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Olympique Lyonnais confirms to "Le Progrès" that A.Lacazette will sign at Arsenal

amir_keal 7 years ago

Croatian

I don't see why Arsenal fans are not confident about him

Injuries.....

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Indeed, just saw that, exact word from Aulas are: "Alexandre Lacazette's transfer to Arsenal could be actioned within the next day or two. Arsenal's first offer was around €45m; the transfer will be concluded in the range of €45m to €50m." Shoud be official very soon, congrats mate. ;D

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Injuries....

Really? Injuries? He scored 28 goals even if he missed maybe 1 month or 2 in the whole season...IMO Arsenal should be very happy to get a player like Lacazette in the season where they won't be playing in the Champions League.

In the end of the day anyone can get injured at any time, Arsenal needs more big names in the club just to keep the current ones interested so Lacazette is perfect.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

Very glad arsenal finally got him...make the premier league so much more interesting when new high profile strikers are coming in.

Marcus2011 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I don't see how any would doubt this transfer as a good one . He should be enough to secure top 4 next season

• History

I don't see how doubt this transfer as a good one . He should be enough to secure top 4 next season

amir_keal 7 years ago

Golazo111

Really? Injuries? He scored 28 goals

Not only injuries, Lacazette himself is part of the problem too.

Ibra 2015/16 - 38
Ibra 2016/17 - 17

He got under half his goals., and Laca got less than 38, and I doubt he would even get that amount if he was fit, let alone surpass it.

In the end of the day anyone can get injured at any time

Yeah but EPL has high physical demands, and if he's getting injuries in Ligue 1 then imagine EPL.

Look, summarized. As much as Arsenal fans hate it, Sanchez is likely to leave. If we wanted to get a proven replacement for Sanchez, then Aguero plus around 35 million would have done a decent job. Normally, I'd ask for 55, but City would probably reject that and he only has 1 year left on his deal, which is gonna have to cut some money. He's still at a similar age to Sanchez as well, and he isn't too shabby either. He's better than Jesus, and still world class, Lacazette is and never has been world class.

Also, we can never forget that Aguero got 100 goals in the second fastest time, behind to only the legendary Shearer. That's better than even the likes of Henry, Wright and other strikers that we had.

On a final note to some people, Lacazette has 11 France apperances, whilst Mbappe has 4. The difference in age is 8, so that tells you striaght that Mbappe would be a better long term signing. Not saying we would have got him, but someone like Aguero/ Mbappe is a better signing than Lacazette. Would have been happy 3 years ago, now not so sure.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Amir Comparing a player who went from PSG (total domination in ligue 1 at the time) to Manchester United to a player who is moving from Lyon to Arsenal doesn't seem like the best comparison possible still, I get your worried. For sure, in my opinion, it will take more than Lacazette for Arsenal to win the league next season. Wenger will have to learn from last season as well or else it won't work. Still thinking (or hoping) that Sanchez stay one more year though.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

At least it's not injuries that are the problem, that's clear now. Arsenal should be happy to get Lacazette, lets not pretend like you can be picky or spoiled if you're Arsenal, I think Lacazette can get 20 goals next season, Ibra was the target man and still couldn't do half as good as other that were much less paid than him, 17 goals is actually not a big deal I think Hazard had 16 goals as a winger.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

First, You're forgetting City has absolutely no reason to sell Aguero, specially not to Arsenal..
Second, Lacazette's appearances are limited due to manager, who prefers 2 striker and is stuck in 90' where he needed one striker like Giroud who pairs perfectly with Griezman..
Third, we would never get Mbappe.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy He's referring the trade deal between Aguero and Sanchez that was mentioned a few day ago. To be fair, I would bet Balague is behind that rumours, just to show how unlikely such a move was in my mind. :P

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Agree with Golazo here. Arsenal fans are happy with WHATEVER they get, even just to strengthen their squad for a tiny bit.

Im actually miss their football at the top flight :(