Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Alan Pardew named Crystal Palace Manager
HorseAFC 9 years ago Edited
60 798

Crystal Palace have appointed ex-Newcastle boss Alan Pardew as their new manager on a three-and-a-half-year deal.

The announcement was officially made on Saturday, two days after Pardew watched the London side draw 0-0 with Aston Villa in the Premier League.

Pardew, 53, was given permission by the Magpies to speak to Palace after the clubs agreed compensation on Monday.The former Palace player replaces Neil Warnock, who was sacked last Saturday .

Source: BBC Sport

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Crystal Palace have appointed ex-Newcastle boss Alan Pardew as their new manager on a three-and-a-half-year deal.The announcement was officially made on Saturday, two days after Pardew watched the London side draw 0-0 with Aston Villa in the Premier League.

Pardew, 53, was given permission by the Magpies to speak to Palace after the clubs agreed compensation on Monday.

The former Palace player replaces Neil Warnock, who was sacked last Saturday .

Crystal Palace have appointed ex-Newcastle boss Alan Pardew as their new manager on a three-and-a-half-year deal.

The announcement was officially made on Saturday, two days after Pardew watched the London side draw 0-0 with Aston Villa in the Premier League.

Pardew, 53, was given permission by the Magpies to speak to Palace after the clubs agreed compensation on Monday.The former Palace player replaces Neil Warnock, who was sacked last Saturday .

Comments
HorseAFC 9 years ago
60 798

"I am absolutely delighted to be the new manager of Crystal Palace," said Pardew, who spent four years playing in the club's midfield from 1987.

"Everyone knows my history here, what's important now is to move the club to the next level.

"I believe with the backing of [chairman] Steve [Parish] and the board I can help achieve that and create some new exciting history for the club."

He also paid tribute to his former club, saying: "It has been a privilege to manage Newcastle United.

"I must thank [owner] Mike Ashley and the board for their unwavering support during my tenure at the club.

Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish said his club had wanted a manager with a great track record and proven experience in the Premier League.

"In Alan we have both these things as well as a man who has great affection for this club and shares my determination to take us to the next level," he said.

Newcastle managing director Lee Charnley said Pardew left St James' Park with "our best wishes and thanks", adding: "Four years [after Pardew's appointment], the club is in a far better position, both on and off the field, and Alan has had a big part to play in that."

Pardew was in the stands as Palace claimed a goalless draw at Aston Villa on New Year's Day, a result that kept the Selhurst Park club in the relegation zone.