Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Aguero to Barcelona?
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I totally made this one up, but, I just have a sneaky feeling that this will happen, either in this window or in the summer...

It just seems likely, to me, for a few reasons:

• He's world class, so he won't go anywhere crappy
  • He's young, so he won't be looking for a Russian or Chinese retirement check
  • He's skillful and intelligent, which makes him fit right into the Barca team
  • Villa is getting older, and Barcelona need a replacement
  • Messi and Aguero are good friends, and Messi voted for Aguero in the Ballon d'Or
  • Aguero has become unhappy since his divorce, and claims he's isolated in England

To me, adding all those things up... it just seems like this may happen.

Anyone have thoughts?

Comments
Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Two words: Real Madrid. If he is going anywhere, it's most likely Madrid in my opinion. Unless Falcao joins RM, then he might have to look for a better option. But yes, Barca would be a better option.

FredTilson 11 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

If they do sign a striker, they will sign Neymar.

Lodatz 11 years ago

See, I think the reverse is the better fit. I think Neymar would be a better acquisition for Madrid, and Aguero would be better for Barcelona.

But, hey, I guess we'll wait and see!

Vendetta 11 years ago

Maybe at the end neither will join one of those two teams ;P.

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

i think barca should get rid of Alexis (total waste of 40M) and get someone better, like Aguero. it would be a devestating foward line.

FredTilson 11 years ago

Have you seen gerard deulofeu? Barcelona would rather groom him as a top class striker. And ATM their priority would probably be improving their defence and hopefully the keeper.

Lodatz 11 years ago

@FredTilson: Good point -- I forgot about Deulofeu.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Hm... Barcelona will want to buy him but they need space for their youth... also, if Villa leaves then I expect Tito will use Sanchez - Messi - Pedro as strike...

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

villa and sanchez are currently benched. sanchez misses too many chances and i think the Iniesta-Messi-Pedro combo is way more effective. but tito stated villa will not be leaving.

Fru_Toot 11 years ago
Manchester City, England 54 635

he will go to this team...

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

wish Wenger to buy him but i think he will not leave soon City.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Alexis is not a waste of 40 Mil. He just doesn't fit in to the Barca gameplay properly. He needs a team that he can play properly in, presumably AC Milan or Juventus. They'd definitely use his talent wisely. And Barca would prefer to sell David Villa and promote Gerard Deulofeu to the first team.

Their attack is loaded anyways. Look at this.

Lionel Messi
David Villa
Pedro Rodriguez
Alexis Sanches
Isaac Cuenca
Cristian Tello
Andres Iniesta

...and you're telling me they need Aguero? Doubt it. Especially with all the new talent coming through the youth ranks. Deulofeu is almost certainly joining the first team next year with his performances.

Lodatz 11 years ago

Did they need Villa, when they bought him? Did they need Ibra? Hell, did they even need Fabregas, really? Didn't stop them buying a player they liked, because they thought he could add a new dimension, or help ready replacements for their aging stars. As prolific and exceptional as the "base of football" at Barca's academy is, Barcelona have not relied on homegrown talent alone. Dani Alves never lived in La Masia, nor did Eric Abidal, to say nothing of El Guage himself.

I think it's less about need as it is about want, and I can see both Aguero and Messi wanting it rather nicely. I can see Villanova liking it too.

Like I said, I totally made the idea up, without any sources. I just don't agree with most of the reasons a lot of you are giving as to why it wouldn't happen. Please keep it coming; I think this is a good discussion. :)

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Why would he go to Madrid - the arch rival of Athletico? lol

Vendetta 11 years ago

Because he no longer is part of Atletico.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

LOL A united fan says that :D

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

holy shit, I was being ironic there, lol

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Vendetta 
Sergio is an atletioc fan!
He has said that he loves atletico so going to real is not a good solution.
Imagine Raul Joining Barcelona for example.

FredTilson 11 years ago

Or Luís Figo joining Real. oh wait..