Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Aguero is making me uncomfortable
Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

So I know a lot of people are probably gonna say there is nothing worth making a thread about it but Aguero made me feel extremely uncomfortable when he grabbed the lineswoman neck after not getting the throw-in in the game vs Arsenal. I seriously doubt he would have done that if the linesman would have been a man and if he would have, I kinda think he could have been given a yellow card.

Here's the video of what im talking about:

I am being too sensible on this one? Or does is feel it weird to you guys as well? Share your thought.

Comments
tuan_jinn 4 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I felt uncomfortable too. I was like, why the hell did he do that. :D:D:D

I have some friends who are very touchy and they always do that to female... It's just weird.

With that being said, it's not worth fighting over it, nor deserved to be punished at any level.. If they want equality, it's just part of the man game... he didn't really insult or harrash or anything. Just unncessary, and weird.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I felt uncomfortable too. I was like, why the hell did he do that. :D:D:D

I have some friends who are very touchy and they always do that to female... It's just weird.

With that beind said, it's not worth fighting over it, nor deserved to be punished at any level.. If they want equality, it's just part of the man game... he didn't really insult or harrash or anything. Just unncessary, and weird.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@tuan_jinn Well thats the thing, really not sure a male linesman would have liked getting touched on the neck and being pulled back a bit. Though you can see this lady isn't bothered by it at all, she even make a sign to the ref to show its all good. I find that very good on her part.

Though I'm kinda glad to see I'm not the only one finding it weird. :U

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

So you cant even bump the ref, but you can pull back on a linesman? Add in the female aspect which might make that even more OK?

She was a little miffed at it but didn't make a big deal out of it when she waved it off, but if a ref can't be touched at all, why would a linesmen have a different rule?

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

I'm not sure how you can watch that without feeling a bit cringe, just really uncomfortable.

Ledley 4 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

A bit wrong. Have to say

amir_keal 4 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I saw it and knew it would blow up, but I didn't see that much of a problem.

The main reason it's blowing up is because the linesman is a female, if she was a male no one would care

DarthFooty 4 years ago

I'm tired of how much players complain to refs as it is, especially when they group horde around them. You have a pitch Capt for a reason!

While she didnt make a big deal out of it, I dare say a male Linesmen might have with how sensitive times are. The touch itself was uncalled for and the player would have been booked if it was the center ref, we all know it, deserved or not. Maybe not booked on the pitch but off the field would have been reviewed.

Emrecan_58 4 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

You have to judge the situation what would've happened if he did that to a male linesman. I think if he grabbed a man ref's neck like that he would've given a yellow. I think it's weird.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

I actually completely agree with Emre and DarthFooty on this one. I'm tempted to think if it would have been a male ref, it could have been a yellow. If anything, because she is a woman, they might be going out of their way to ignore the whole thing to make sure it doesn't cause a controversy where they would give woman a special treatment.

To be honest, between tackling David Luiz wildly and grabbing the neck of the lineswoman, Aguero really starting to make me look a him differently. :U

srk_rox 4 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

I think I am the only one who sees this in a completely different perspective. Aguero did all he could to register his protests standing right opposite to her. She ignored as if he didn't exist at all. Probably, he expected some reaction(or an answer) from her for what he perceived to be a wrong call.

I felt as if he puts his hand on her shoulder saying 'Please stay awake' or 'Assess the situation better'.

By no means, he wanted to touch her in a bad way. Most of the male referees react to the protests and speak some words justifying their decisions. This was quite bizarre for me as she moving away could mean like 'she isn't answerable to him'. A referee has to be neutral to both teams. In her defense, she might have felt intimidated by his aggression.

Also, it could also be the case that Aguero touching her shoulder can be taken as an apologetic move saying sorry and moving on.
We can debate more about it only when they are forthcoming to discuss what went there. If she is okay with what went there, there is nothing to discuss. We haven't seen much of female referees or linemen in the sport. It is definitely not right comparing with 'had he done to this to a male referee '. The comparison doesn't exist. Both genders are different.

tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@srk_rox: actually: well said.

Most line refs ignore players complains, I find it a bit awkard too, I think there should be some kind of minimum response, or decency :D:D:D

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@tuan_jinn Well, I guess that could be it but to be honest, seeing how most of the time, the player just yell to their faces every time there is a touch near them, I kinda understand linesman not answering the players most of the time. XD

Marcus2011 4 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

If you want women to be treated equally then ignore it! Ignore this crap or lets go back to separation of females from male sports. Females are wearing mens trousers, and they don't like how it fits them.. crazy times we live in...

Can't have the cake and eat it too.

Meanwhile, I am just patiently waiting for transgenders to enter female sport :))))

DarthFooty 4 years ago Edited

I care less about the gender of the Ref, as long as they are qualified. My issue is the touch. Remember Ronaldo "pushing" that Ref, and with the rule stating no contact, this clearly breaks that.

I'll say it again, I am over teams bum-rushing the Ref and I think any player, not the Capt should be carded. Refs get treated like complete sh&^, it's no wonder we only have a handful of really good ones, ones who command respect.

Talking to a Ref one on one is different than crowding them to dispute a call. I hate that almost as much as I hate divers in the sport! haha

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I care less about the gender of the Ref, as long as they are qualified. My issue is the touch. Remember Ronaldo "pushing" that Ref, and with the rule stating no contact, this clearly breaks that.

I'll say it again, I am over teams bum-rushing the Ref and I think any player, not the Capt should be carded. Refs get treated like complete sh&^, it's no wonder we only have a handful of really good ones, ones who command respect.

Taking to a Ref one on one is different than crowding them to dispute a call. I hate that almost as much as I hate divers in the sport! haha

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

Taking to a Ref one on one is different than crowding them to dispute a call. I hate that almost as much as I hate divers in the sport!

I completely agree with that, I love football but seeing a bunch of crown men all rushing a single referee and contesting the decision he made is just shameful. To be honest, if I would see a bunch of men acting that way on a single guy on the street, I would call the cop. XD