Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Aguero gave away his £40,000 car to a Manchester City kit man
Zebras 3 years ago
Juventus, Italy 8 64

Aguero showed off his generous side before leaving Manchester City for a new challenge with Barcelona. The Argentina international will officially join the Catalan giants on 1 July after a decade with the Citizens.

The striker left City with some parting gifts including watches for all the staff and his $56k Range Rover. Aguero raffled off the car in an auction which was won by the club’s kitman, as shown by ESPN.

The striker then happily handed over the keys to his car along with a warm hug before his departure from the Premier League champions, as shown by Radio Boing’s Sebastian Soso.

Aguero left Manchester City as a true club legend. He’s the club’s all-time leading goalscorer with 260 goals in 390 games and won 15 major trophies during his time in Manchester City.

Comments
Gennady 3 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

good guy Aguero

Ngannou 3 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain, Cameroon 1 465

for him that is like giving away crumbs.

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

People will always bitch no matter what they do, lol. It's about the gesture, not money.

Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

At first I thought he gave away the white range rover which made me disappointed when I found out it was the small black range rover. But it was still a good gesture. The difference with Aguero is that they filmed him doing it. I wonder how many other footballers gifted their staff without making it public.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

At first I thought he gave away the white range rover which made me disappointed when I found out it was the small black range rover. But it was still a good gesture. The difference with Aguero is that they filmed him doing it. I wonder how many other footballers gifted their staff behind the scenes.

Marcus2011 3 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I still see this as a huge gift. I am sure he has given him many before, you can tell they are like friends.

I know people wouldn’t spare a dollar to their friends and it is bread crumbs for them. Usually, these are the same people that call other people greedy.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Better giving away crumbs to people who can use them than throwing them away or trying to sell them to make even more money. XD

Ngannou 3 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain, Cameroon 1 465

Its the truth though. If I donate $50 to charity I would get hated on because that is pocket change for me.

I would be impressed if he gave away a car that costs a million that would be impossible for thisguy to afford in his lifetime. I'm sure this guy can afford that range rover within a years salary anyways.

• History

Its the truth though. If I donate $50 to charity I would get hated on because that is pocket change for me.

I would be impressed if he gave away a car that costs a million hat would be impossible for thisguy to afford in his lifetime. I'm sure this guy can afford that range rover within a years salary anyways.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

Staff don't make a ton of money, especially compared to player salaries of the bigger leagues and names. This is an awesome gift, one that holds more value than just the $$$ attached to it. He gets to cruise in the Agueromobile. haha

Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

Initially without reading about it I thought Aguero chose that specific staff to give his car to. But when I found out it was a raffle I partially agree with ngannou. He shouldve at least given away a week's salary

• History

Initially without reading about it I thought Aguero chose that specific staff to give his car to. But when I found out it was a raffle I now agree with ngannou. He shouldve at least given away a week's salary

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Actually completely false, any charity organisation will alway rather have 50 or even 5 dollars from someone even if they know said person could afford way more than none at all. Why? Cause most of the time, its the small amount adding up that end up making difference in organization like that. If your talking about other unrelated peoples judgement, then I say you shouldn't care about them.

Another point I'd like to make is that Aguero is not completely doing charity by giving away that car, he meant to get rid of it, just happen he chose to give it to a random staff member. I think its a nice way of getting rid of it and of making someone days at the same time.

There tons of players who are giving nothing to charity and never do this kind of action at all, why complain about the level of the gesture of one who does give instead of complaining about those that doesn't bother even that?