{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

4/5 leagues won already?
Greatone 6 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

Premier league - 12 pts
La Liga - 11 pts
Ligue 1 - 12 pts
Bundesliga - 16 pts
Serie A - 4pts with a game in hand (most likely 1pt)

It seems to me like the race for second place is much more interesting in most leagues this year than the winner. Lucky we still have CL and EL... and thank fuck we have Russia in the summer.. most disappointing,
it just seems like the gap between top class and normal teams is getting bigger and bigger

i wonder what putting the current leaders in a multibet would win me ?(minus serie A)

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus Nobody is saying that Pep killed EPL, its important to respect what he did as of now but obviously, he could have propably not done it without all of the expense that was done. When you consider that Mou however spend in a similar manner, I still think what Pep has done pretty good.

PS: Yeah, that make you a hater, but don't worry, its normal for people to take side and have favorite, which also mean its normal for them to dislike other as well. Its human nature. :)

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

+1 Marcus2011

I like how now people rate Man City as a weak club and forget that they were already a contender for the title even before Pep joined...

Give credit when it dues, Pep bought a lot, but look at those players, tell me how many of them were top class before Pep came?

Pretty much all of them? People know forget the fact that City was constantly in top 4 and even winning the league before Pep came, what he did in his first season was nothing special, even with spending all the money.

Compare that with Conte, with no money spent he won the league and played FA cup final in his first year;

Man City:
2017 bought players for 311 Mill. € and sold for 94 Mill. €, they spent overall 217 Mill. €
2016 bought players for 213 Mill. € and sold for 35Mill. €, they spent overall 178 Mill. €

Average age for both seasons in arrivals - 23 years

In total: 395 MILLION EUROES INVESTED IN AN ALREADY TITLE CONTENDER TEAM

And now Conte:

Chelsea
2017 bought players for 216Mill. € and sold for 196Mill. €, they spent overall 20mill €
2016 bought players for 132 Mill. € and sold for 108 Mill. €, they spent overall 24mill €

Average age for both seasons in arrivals - 23 years

In total: 44Mill. € invested

Give credit where it's due, Premier League is still the best league even with Manchester City spending so much, and I was nice to calculate the departures as a minus while other people would just look at the fact that Manchester City spent over 500 million euroes in the last 2 years since Pep joined, if you dont win league with that + already having a good squad then IDK what you're doing as a manager...

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@emo

I agree United should be doing better than they are now but Mourinho took on the team that was fighting for top 4. While Pep took the team that has been fighting for titles year in year out and was in semi final. Simply put I am not denying the credit to the man but it isn't as nearly close to the credit that fans and media want to give him as if he is messiah that came to resurrect City to glory.

"

395 MILLION EUROES INVESTED IN AN ALREADY TITLE CONTENDER TEAM

Tiki_taka10 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 2 88

This PL is the best I saw in years, i understand now why I would never agree with some who cannot appreciate quality football... If you find it boring go watch a league where the gap from 1st to last is less than 10 pts and the quality is shit if you only care about rankings...
And City home games KTBFFHSWE dropped under 1.08 not because the rival dropped level, its just because City are too good for the league right now.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of the guy who think Pep is the most amazing manager ever but he did manage to impress me a bit more with what he did at City. None of that was miraculous however but he did manage to make the best out of what he had and to use his ressource in a good manner. I do sincerely believe however that another talented manager could have done the same and who know, maybe they could have done better in their first season as well.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emo You realise Pep is mostly spending money and doing the same thing he did in Bayern as a whole if we don't look at the players?
If you are impressed by a player influence from Pep, then it has to be David Silva that clearly shines under Pep IMO, I dare to say that even if I think that De Bruyne is the best player in the league currently he was going to enter his peak as a player regardless of the manager, but David Silva putting those assists being 32 years old like it's his best season, ofc I can always add the trust that Pep gives to younger players like Jesus and Sane that also just enjoy their football while playing under Pep...It's a different story how a manager influenced the league and his own squad, Pep has a clear footprint of the latter one.

Conte had a much bigger impact on the league as a whole with his 3-4-3 system that little-to-no teams were using before he came, now many have already tried out 3-5-2 and 3-4-3 after Conte's influence from last season and some have said that he changed the league in that way...

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Golazo Obviously, Conte has been more impressive than Pep, he won the league on his first try and withouth spending much in that summer. However, on the long term, Pep didn't too badly for itself. Still, Conte have clearly a most direct impact on a team. I just wish he managed to attract the player he wanted and was able to keep all of his player on his side. The controversy around Costa and now Luiz is a damn shame even if I'm convinced he never wanted that himself.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Golazo Obviously, Conte has been more impressive than Pep, he won the league on his first try and withouth spending much in that summer. However, on the long term, Pep didn't too badly for itself. Still, Conte have clearly a most direct impact on a team. I just wish he managed to attract the player he wanted and was able to keep all of his player on his side.