Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

38 year old Zlatan teaching football MLS
Marcus2011 4 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501
Comments
Marcus2011 4 years ago

Legendary player. Definitely one of the greatest in my book.

Echo_R6 4 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Singapore 1 412

Wouldn't say one of the best. Vela is doing well in America but we all know he was arsenals reject

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Would say one of the best. Carlos vela is doing well in America but we all know he was an arsenal reject

Ledley 4 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Vela is in his prime playing in a retirement league. Big difference

Echo_R6 4 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Singapore 1 412

Let's not act like zlatan played for Europe's most dominant clubs in 1 horse leagues while winning 0 cl cups.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Let's not act like ibtahimovic played for the most dominant teams in Europe that's why he has man u domestic trophies and 0 champions leagues

Marcus2011 4 years ago

@Echo

Arsenal’s reject?! Lol ok 👌 I am sure it was opposite but what’re helps you sleep at night mate.

He elevated teams in Every club and his only misfortune was just being unlucky with CL and national team. Some things are team effort. AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus( not any near to be one at that time) , PSG ( I guess) , Barcelona ( two horse) Manchester United ( you joking?

Echo_R6 4 years ago
Arsenal, Singapore 1 412

yes reject 100%. he went on loan 5 times during 7 years at arsenal and only scored 3 goals. he did alrright in spain at sociedad then schose the easy way out for money by leaving for the US when he was 28 in his PRIME. which player does that?

Marcus2011 4 years ago

Oh I am sorry Vela was Arsenal’s reject. That I agree lol

Someone once said that Vela could have been one of the best players in Europe but never had enough patience and discipline. His style was exactly the one Barcelona would love and Arsenal like to play. But also he played like 29 games for Arsenal and spent most of his time on loan. Perhaps, there wasn’t space for thin in the team at that time.

Echo_R6 4 years ago
Arsenal, Singapore 1 412

Think you're funny? Some keyboard warrior. Barcelona my ass. He just wasn't good enough. America is his level

Marcus2011 4 years ago

@echo

Are you schizophrenic or a bit slow on the slopes? Geez we used to have trolls on this site but at least their IQ was above 40.

Echo_R6 4 years ago
Arsenal, Singapore 1 412

Come say that to my face key board warrior

Marcus2011 4 years ago

Send me your address.

Echo_R6 4 years ago
Arsenal, Singapore 1 412

e15 2de

tiki_taka 4 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Vela is gifted none can say the opposite, but not fully focused on football. and the athmosphere he is living in plays a big role in his performences...

I heard his Sociedad coach saying that he needed a special treatment to get the best from him, he doesnt like authority and does have funny caracter and special lifestyle. Probably not made for a big club who only consider full commitment to the sport and focus in every training.

but none can deny his Footballing IQ.

MLS is easy yes, but Vela looks clearly happy and loved and having big Spanish community arround him. Working in a foreign country is not that easy and ENgland or France are specially complicated culturally for a latino player, cold weather and different culture play a big role and some players are affected of that, others learn and adapt quickly but life looks easier in Spain and US.

adaptation : Neymar's case is an example, despite delivering in some games, the lifestyle completely affected his pitch performences, injuries, sadness, frustration, media...

rigid treatment : Ben Arfa's case in England is also a perfect example, or El Hadji Diouf, gifted players but couldnt adapt and make friends in the dressing room due to their stubborness and rigid caracter...

Delivering doest only rely on potential, which could explain why some shine in clubs and flops in others....

tiki_taka 4 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@ECHO There is no money in MLS, money is in China or Russia, Zlatan refused a 100m per year contract to sign for a 3 mil or something...

Same for Vela, living in Los Angeles is a life style choice, players are surrounded by family and location is very important.

Beckham went to Paris because of Victoria, Ribery had more offers and decided to live in Florence because his wife is in love with the city...

looks like very limited opinion to judge players only in a club failure or short term performence, big institutions give big importance to lifestyle. Dembele at his arrival was living in a hotel and eating fast food, they found him a cook and a house so he could deliver and it has given results...

for reject argument, Salah was Chelsea reject, with KDB.