Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

31-Year-Old Everton Player Suspended Following Arrest In Suspected Child Sex Offences Case
Shearer 15 days ago Edited
Newcastle United, England 3 15

Greater Manchester police confirmed the arrest of a 31-year-old man on suspicion of child sex offences in a statement issued after the arrest. The police have yet to confirm whether the person arrested was Everton's player, but the accused has been released on bail "pending enquiries." The police also revealed a few details about the arrested person to the media, including the fact that he is a millionaire who plays for a Premier League club and also represents his country on a regular basis.

"Everton can confirm it has suspended a First-Team player pending a police investigation. The Club will continue to support the authorities with their inquiries and will not be making any further statement at this time," Everton said in its statement.

enter image description here

As rumours quickly spread amongst the football world earlier this week that Gylfi Sigurdsson had been arrested for texting in a sexual nature underage girls, his wife has come forward to deny any such claims and state the player is not behind bars or been arrested.

As no evidence has come forward despite thousands of tweets being published on social media by football fans claiming to be “In the know”, it’s reported to be another case of a vile attack on football players by using the social media channel.

As previously reported, thousands of tweets started to circulate on Saturday evening that the star player had been arrested after allegedly being caught texting underage girls.

Some tweets claimed that that he had been rumbled by Paedophile hunters, although there was actually no footage appeared to be presented or forthcoming.

YouTube presenters were also very quick to jump on the story – which that got a lot of attention before it was judged to be unfounded, completely made up and total fabrication, until this latest development emerged on Monday night.

“Imagine what he and his wife are having to go through,” said Swansea City supporter Dai Thomas.

He went onto add: “Twitter has to be controlled far better, and these types of tweets need to stop; they are vile and disgusting.

“I met the player and his wife on several occasions when he played for us; they were delightful people, they don’t deserve this.”

Although YouTube football presenter Adam Brown, like others who went and made videos on the subject and presented them, still feels that something is afoot despite the wife’s denials.

Brown said: “Simple question, why is it the wife and not the player or his agent making the denial?”

He continued: “That to me smells alone; something is afoot here.”

0
  • History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Greater Manchester police confirmed the arrest of a 31-year-old man on suspicion of child sex offences in a statement issued after the arrest. The police have yet to confirm whether the person arrested was Everton's player, but the accused has been released on bail "pending enquiries." The police also revealed a few details about the arrested person to the media, including the fact that he is a millionaire who plays for a Premier League club and also represents his country on a regular basis.

"Everton can confirm it has suspended a First-Team player pending a police investigation. The Club will continue to support the authorities with their inquiries and will not be making any further statement at this time," Everton said in its statement.

enter image description here

As rumours quickly spread amongst the football world earlier this week that Gylfi Sigurdsson had been arrested for texting in a sexual nature underage girls, his wife has come forward to deny any such claims and state the player is not behind bars or been arrested.

As no evidence has come forward despite thousands of tweets being published on social media by football fans claiming to be “In the know”, it’s reported to be another case of a vile attack on football players by using the social media channel.

As previously reported, thousands of tweets started to circulate on Saturday evening that the star player had been arrested after allegedly being caught texting underage girls.

Some tweets claimed that that he had been rumbled by Paedophile hunters, although there was actually no footage appeared to be presented or forthcoming.

YouTube presenters were also very quick to jump on the story – which that got a lot of attention before it was judged to be unfounded, completely made up and total fabrication, until this latest development emerged on Monday night.

“Imagine what he and his wife are having to go through,” said Swansea City supporter Dai Thomas.

He went onto add: “Twitter has to be controlled far better, and these types of tweets need to stop; they are vile and disgusting.

“I met the player and his wife on several occasions when he played for us; they were delightful people, they don’t deserve this.”

Although YouTube football presenter Adam Brown, like others who went and made videos on the subject and presented them, still feels that something is afoot despite the wife’s denials.

Brown said: “Simple question, why is it the wife and not the player or his agent making the denial?”

He continued: “That to me smells alone; something is afoot here.”

Comments
Emobot7 15 days ago
452 10690

Yeah, its really sound like the player they talk about is Sigurdsson, really bad news for Everton, after Ancelotti left, thing been going downhill for them, I gotta say its quite sad cause things finally started to look up last season.

0