35 693

Gareth Bale (Wales, Tottenham Hotspur)
Giorgio Chiellini (Italy, Juventus)
Ashley Cole (England, Chelsea)
Dani Alves (Brazil, Barcelona)
David Luiz (Brazil, Chelsea)
Thiago Silva (Brazil, Paris St-Germain)
Marcelo (Brazil, Real Madrid)
Patrice Evra (France, Manchester United)
Rio Ferdinand (England, Manchester United)
John Terry (England, Chelsea)
Mats Hummels (Germany, Borussia Dortmund)
Philipp Lahm (Germany, Bayern Munich)
Branislav Ivanovic (Serbia, Chelsea)
Javier Mascherano (Argentina, Barcelona)
Pepe (Portugal, Real Madrid)
Gerard Piqué (Spain, Barcelona)
Carles Puyol (Spain, Barcelona)
Jordi Alba (Spain, Barcelona)
Sergio Ramos (Spain, Real Madrid)
Vincent Kompany (Belgium, Manchester City)

Personally I don't see what Ferdinand, Mascherano, Bale and Puyol do there, and I miss Subotić, Coentrão and Vermaelen. What's your opinion?

Comments
DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Right About Vermaelen,despite the fact that he is not on form since months.
So coentrao deserves to be there and Puyol and Bale not?Although he isnt a real Left Back..

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

I honestly think so, yes. Coentrão was fantastic for Portugal in the Euro's, and has also been great in Real. I believe the reason why people look at him as not the best left back is because of his competition with Marcelo. Puyol is a great defender, don't get me wrong, but I think we haven't seen too much of him this season. As for Bale, you're right. He was a left back, now he's more of a winger.

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

I'm surprised Cahill isn't on. He has been an important part of our defense more than Luiz and Ivanovic and right behind Cole in our top defenders. Too bad Terry is injured though.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Ferdinand? Should be replaced with Subotic

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

Mascherano is a great centerback why wouldn't he be there? With Puyol and Pique injured along with Alves at a point he did a lot to strengthen the back 4. I don't see why Luiz is there, also Bale and Puyol.

MRarsenal500 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 59 741

i wish ANY Arsenal player would go on the list. we never get a player selected

Tuanis 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

bale is not rally a defender but if he is on the list he should make it to the top 4... Probably as well as Lahm Ramos and Hummels

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

this is bs bale is not a left back and he is not good at all at that position thats why he was moved to left wing

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

For me the four who deserves a place each are: T. Silva - Pepe - Hummels - Marcelo

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

I kind of agree with you there Golden but I would replace Pepe with Kompany, and I think Lahm just outclassed Marcelo here: Captained Germany to the semis in the Euro, came second un BundesLiga, and also brought Munich into the final of the UCL. (Even though they lost all them :D)

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

I can agree with you regarding Lahm instead of Marcelo. However, I think Pepe has been such a central part of our team. Both last season and this season.

If you want to talk about what these guys have achieved with their teams, well: Pepe brought Portugal to the semi-final in the Euro, he won La Liga and reached the semi-final in the CL as well. I think Pepe and Kompany's performances were both fabolous last season, but so far this season Pepe has shown me better.