{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

10 Biggest Spending Clubs
Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Picture courtesy of FootyRoom.com

Comments
Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Fun Fact - This day last year Chelsea hijacked Spurs' deal for Willian.

Comparison between Chelsea, City and Arsenal (Who I think are the best 3 in the league at the moment)
City have been quiet this season but don't forget how rich their squad is, and they still have good players who don't even make the top 22. Chelsea are

They are not A and B teams, just a mixture.

Comparing it with Chelsea...

And Arsenal...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

City have been quiet this season but don't forget how rich their squad is, and they still have good players who don't even make the top 22

Comparison between Chelsea, City and Arsenal (Who I think are the best 3 in the league at the moment)
City have been quiet this season but don't forget how rich their squad is, and they still have good players who don't even make the top 22.

They are not A and B teams, just a mixture.

Comparing it with Chelsea...

And Arsenal...

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Eden

LOL, Ozil on the substitute team? No way Wilshere will ever be better than Ozil.

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

They aren't mean to be a substitute team and a strong team. I think I mentioned that in my post.

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

With Di Maria fee 75M + 15M bonues (not counted), Manchester United has become the biggest spender of the Mercato with a net spent of 158.5M.

Real Madrid Net spent are reduced now to 16M, Sharp buisness by Perez.

Looking for the fee confirmation from United or Madrid fans, im not 100 per cent sure about it, the source isnt sure enough.

• History

With Di Maria fee 75M + 15M bonues (not counted), Manchester United has become the biggest spender of the Mercato with

With Di Maria fee 75M + 15M bonues (not counted), Manchester United has become the biggest spender of the ×Mercato with a net spent of 158.5M.

Real Madrid Net spent are reduced now to 16.5M. Sharp buisness by Perez.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

^ Only in monetary terms. In footballing terms, letting di Maria go is a mistake. I don't believe we can adequately cover up the squad without him. Ancelotti had the whole team ticking to perfection, and then we lose di Maria. :(

Salahadin 10 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

You worry to much we will be fine and just like when özil left.

tiki_taka 10 years ago

You have a monster squad with or without Di Maria, we will see if this would cost you anything. You will witness a change of style as a transition, from the defensive minded Mourinho team, to the last year mix between Counter attacking style/ posession, now that you bought more ball holders ( Barça players style ), you will turn more likely to a posession style that needs time to be setled.

By the way this could suit more Isco, Kroos + James + Modric as good ball holders will dictate the tempo and Ancelotti with the new arrivals had no choice rather than adapt the team to the style of the new midlefield.
We will see if its suits you better or not, too early to judge, just remember to not blame Carlo if things dont get good.

I heard an article about Perez company very active in Colombia, just got lately a 6 billion Euros contract of infrastructure building, knowing James nationality i wint be surprised if some secret contracts were made to bring him there, or maybe assuming Barça domination in the Argentinian and the Brazilian Football market ( Football is very important there ), Perez wants to secure the Colombian one in addition to the fact that James is a Madrid typical signing, young handsome and talented...

We can never know the reasons behind Di Maria departure, the directionhas its reasons and all i know is that Ancelotti was incredible to win those trophies in his first year, and shouldnt be blamed if he cant repeat it.

Lodatz 10 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

"We can never know the reasons behind Di Maria departure"

Here's a hint:

They need to get some of that cash back. It's the same reason Ozil was sold last summer.

There is no mystery, folks. Perez is trying desperately to match up his Galaticos policy and yet still keep inside FFP. Will it end up unbalancing the squad?

Very possibly.

• History

"We can never know the reasons behind Di Maria departure"

Here's a hint:

They need to get some of that cash back. It's the same reason Ozil was sold last summer.

There is no mystery, folks. Perez is trying desperately to match up his Galaticos policy and yet still keep inside FFP. Will it end up unbalancing the squad?

Very possibly.

Dynastian98 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Lodatz

That's a minor reason. di Maria stayed in 2013 when Bale was bought (and they played the same position) and fought on and found a place in the team (largely thanks to Ancelotti switching formations).

However, he has asked for an increased wage. Now, that would be no problem for us..... except he already got 2 pay raises in the last 3 years with some garbage performances to boot. His first half of 2011/12 was so excellent that Perez had to give him a new contract. After the contract, a series of poor performances and injuries left him out-favored by Callejon in some stages. 2012/13 was another poor season from him as he failed to live up to standards, and so was the beginning of 2013/14. But when Carlo changes formation to 4-3-3 in early 2014, di Maria hits his stride and throws in some impeccable performances. 2014 was where Real and Ancelotti really hit their stride and performed as a team, and di Maria was an integral part of that team.

The problem is also that he demands too much. It's not like Makelele, who demanded a modest wage for a player so integral to our club. di Maria is demanding wages close to Bale's. Did you hear the rumor that he will be paid more than Wayne Rooney's 300.000 Pound-per-week contract? That is exactly what's wrong with Angel's attitude.

I would be more disappointed in his departure if,

1. He did not want to leave
  2. He did not repeatedly as for wage increases

He is a fantastic player, but demands too much in relativity to his consistency. But you're right, making money for James' coming is also another reason for his departure. We have too many goddamn midfielders.

• History

@Lodatz

That's a minor reason. di Maria stayed in 2013 when Bale was bought (and they played the same position) and fought on and found a place in the team (largely thanks to Ancelotti switching formations).

However, he has asked for an increased wage. Now, that would be no problem for us..... except he already got 2 pay raises in the last 3 years with some garbage performances to boot. His first half of 2011/12 was so excellent that Perez had to give him a new contract. After the contract, a series of poor performances and injuries left him out-favored by Callejon in some stages. 2012/13 was another poor season from him as he failed to live up to standards, and so was the beginning of 2013/14. But when Carlo changes formation to 4-3-3 in early 2014, di Maria hits his stride and throws in some impeccable performances.

The problem is also that he demands too much. It's not like Makelele, who demanded a modest wage for a player so integral to our club. di Maria is demanding wages close to Bale's. Did you hear the rumor that he will be paid more than Wayne Rooney's 300.000 Pound-per-week contract? That is exactly what's wrong with Angel's attitude.

I would be more disappointed in his departure if,

1. He did not want to leave
  2. He did not repeatedly as for wage increases

He is a fantastic player, but demands too much in relativity to his consistency. But you're right, making money for James' coming is also another reason for his departure. We have too many goddamn midfielders.

"di Maria stayed in 2013 when Bale was bought"

True. Ozil, on the other hand, was shipped out to help pay for Bale's arrival, over protest from members of the squad, Ronaldo especially, in a move which Ancelotti has admitted was a mistake, team-wise.

James and Kroos just came in, and someone has to clear space on both the wage bill and in the transfer flow. Di Maria is an easy scapegoat, and next season, it'll be someone else, like Benzema or Isco.

I understand the desire to rationalize these decisions in a football sense, but ultimately Perez is the type of man to be unconcerned with the football, and has always cared more about his brand. :/

FFP is looming, and even Perez has to start balancing the books. There is surely no way in hell he'd have forked out the cash for James unless he knew that a good sale of an existing star would be on the cards to help pay for it.

• History

"di Maria stayed in 2013 when Bale was bought"

True. Ozil, on the other hand, was shipped out to help pay for Bale's arrival, over protest from members of the squad, Ronaldo especially, in a move which Ancelotti has admitted was a mistake, team-wise.

James and Kroos just came in, and someone has to clear space on both the wage bill and in the transfer flow. Di Maria is an easy scapegoat, and next season, it'll be someone else, like Benzema or Isco.

tiki_taka 10 years ago

First, RM wont be concerned by FFP for a simple reason, Their earnings are incredible, they could spend 150M net in one mercato and they still have no problem with it.
Secondly, its the last time that i told you that Carlo wanted Ozil to leave because he prefered Di Maria, he felt that Di Maria was more motivated to fight for a starting place and Ozil knew his time was over so he left Madrid and got his wages increased just like every player quiting Barça/Real to EPL, the wages are considerably raised.

Why are you trying so hard to make this move only related to non Football things, its a mix between what the player wants and the big squad RM is having, in term of preferences Di Maria knew that those arrivals at those prices were dangerous for his starting place, he wanted a pay raise wich is understandable, i dont blame him for quiting RM.

If RM were obliged to sell, his fee would be lower than 75M, Man Utd incredibly overpaid for him. He isnt a marketting player or someone with a big fan base, but imo a wonderful player.

"Secondly, its the last time that i told you that Carlo wanted Ozil to leave because he prefered Di Maria,"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/mesut-ozils-arsenal-transfer-mistake-3020869
http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/12/carlo-ancelotti-admits-mistake-in-selling-ozil-to-arsenal/
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/453607/Selling-Mesut-Ozil-to-Arsenal-was-a-MISTAKE-admits-Carlo-Ancelotti
http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/carlo-ancelotti-did-admit-real-madrid-made-a-mistake-letting-mesut-ozil-join-arsenal-audio/

The internet agrees with me.

"Why are you trying so hard to make this move only related to non Football things,"

I am merely stating the facts. What does it matter to you, anyway? Is this about Barcelona, or something? No, it's not. It's about the transfer of Di Maria to United, and the reasons why. Why are YOU fighting so hard to disagree with the obvious?

• History

"Secondly, its the last time that i told you that Carlo wanted Ozil to leave because he prefered Di Maria,"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/mesut-ozils-arsenal-transfer-mistake-3020869

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/12/carlo-ancelotti-admits-mistake-in-selling-ozil-to-arsenal/

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/453607/Selling-Mesut-Ozil-to-Arsenal-was-a-MISTAKE-admits-Carlo-Ancelotti

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/carlo-ancelotti-did-admit-real-madrid-made-a-mistake-letting-mesut-ozil-join-arsenal-audio/

"Why are you trying so hard to make this move only related to non Football things,"

I am merely stating the facts. What does it matter to you, anyway? Is this about Barcelona, or something? No, it's not. It's about the transfer of Di Maria to United, and the reasons why. Why are YOU fighting so hard to disagree with me?

I am merely stating the facts. What does it matter to you, anyway? Is this about Barcelona, or something? No, it's not. It's about the transfer of Di Maria to United, and the reasons why. Why are YOU fighting so hard to disagree with me?

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited

You answered 2 lines answer the rest :) or you just cant ?
Ask RM fans if they miss Ozil ;) the actual one looks non interested on the pitch.

• History

Ask RM fans if they miss Ozil ;)

"You answered 2 lines answer the rest :) "

The rest wasn't worth answering.

Now your turn. Answer the fact that I provided 4 links, effortlessly, which all back me up, in answer to your post.

• History

Now your turn. Answer the fact that I provided 4 links, effortlessly, which back me up.

Now your turn. Answer the fact that I provided 4 links, effortlessly, which all back me up.

tiki_taka 10 years ago

''The rest wasn't worth answering.''
Typical lodzy stuff ;).

Feel free to admit your mistake, like Ancelotti did, any time you like.

• History

Feel free to answer any of the many paragraphs of discussion which you have failed to respond to.

tiki_taka 10 years ago

Lol i am waiting for Wenger to confess picking Ozil instead of Farbegas ;) more realistic.

spanish 10 years ago
Real Madrid, Spain 14 343

Who cares who spends. FFP is like saying spending money is illegal because you over spend wtf it's the teams money so they can spend of whoever they fkin want

HowGhastly 10 years ago
Galatasaray 0 176

Liverpool and Atletico attract the attention on that list. I wonder two team's performance in Champions League this season.

Dynastian98 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Lodatz

I believe that Ancelotti isn't regretting Ozil's departure now because he managed to successfully cope without Mesut. But I'm pretty damn sure he's pinching himself over di Maria's sale.

And you're right, it will be Isco next season. Benzema won't be sold because he's just signed a new contract up to 2018 on the request of Perez himself, so that is a good sign. Perez really does know nothing about football.

@Tiki

We really do not have that much money....
Our earnings are eaten up by our wages. Ronaldo and Bale are two of the highest paid players in the world. Ramos, Casillas, and James command tremendous wages as well. And the rest of our starting XI probably gets paid more than the entire Arsenal squad.

• History

@Lodatz

I believe that Ancelotti isn't regretting Ozil's departure now because he managed to successfully cope without Mesut. But I'm pretty damn sure he's pinching himself over di Maria's sale.

And you're right, it will be Isco next season. Benzema won't be sold because he's just signed a new contract up to 2018 on the request of Perez himself, so that is a good sign. Perez really does know nothing about football.